* distrodata documentation in 2.7 Mega Manual
@ 2019-05-21 19:23 Paul Barker
From: Paul Barker @ 2019-05-21 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yocto discussion list

Just reading the 2.7 Mega Manual at https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.7/mega-manual/mega-manual.html and noticed a possible bug.

"24.15.9. Removed Classes" indicates that the `distrodata` class is now gone. However it's still referred to in several other places in the documentation. May need a bit of garbage collection.

Paul Barker
Managing Director & Principal Engineer
Beta Five Ltd

* Re: distrodata documentation in 2.7 Mega Manual
@ 2019-05-22  1:55 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2019-05-22  1:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Barker; +Cc: Yocto discussion list

On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 12:31 PM Paul Barker <paul@betafive.co.uk> wrote:

> Just reading the 2.7 Mega Manual at https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.7/mega-manual/mega-manual.html and noticed a possible bug.
>
> "24.15.9. Removed Classes" indicates that the `distrodata` class is now gone. However it's still referred to in several other places in the documentation. May need a bit of garbage collection.

same is needed for bugzilla.bbclass as well as distutils-tools

@ 2019-05-23  0:21 ` Scott Rifenbark
From: Scott Rifenbark @ 2019-05-23  0:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Barker; +Cc: Yocto discussion list, Eggleton, Paul

I can take the section in the ref-manual for the "distrodata.bbclass" out.
However, I could use some clarifications on the following areas where
"distrdata" is referenced.  I don't think I can just remove all of the
terms.

Here they are:

 * In dev-manual's "Using the Auto Upgrade Helper (AUH)" section -
https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.7/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#gs-using-the-auto-upgrade-helper:
Step 5 talks about making configurations in the local.conf file.  First
thing is to enable "distrodata" by inheriting the class.  Do we have an
equivalent for this now that the class is gone?

* in ref-manual's "do_distrodata" task section -
https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.7/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#ref-tasks-distrodata:
Does this task disappear as well?  Or, is there an equivalent?

* In ref-manual's "do_checkpkg" task section -
https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.7/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#ref-tasks-checkpkg:
This task was included as part of the distrodata.bbclass.  How do we
address the do_checkpkg task section now?

* In the UPSTREAM_CHECK_GETTAGREGEX variable description in the ref-manual
glossary -
https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.7/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#var-UPSTREAM_CHECK_GITTAGREGEX:
How do we change this?

* in the UPSTREAM_CHECK_REGEX variable description also in the glossary -
https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.7/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#var-UPSTREAM_CHECK_REGEX:
How do we change this?

* in the UPSTREAM_CHECK_URI variable description also int he glossary -
https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.7/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#var-UPSTREAM_CHECK_URI:
How do we change this?

Thanks,
Scott

@ 2019-05-23  9:22   ` Alexander Kanavin
From: Alexander Kanavin @ 2019-05-23  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Scott Rifenbark; +Cc: Yocto discussion list, Eggleton, Paul

On Thu, 23 May 2019 at 02:22, Scott Rifenbark <srifenbark@gmail.com> wrote:
>  * In dev-manual's "Using the Auto Upgrade Helper (AUH)" section - https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.7/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#gs-using-the-auto-upgrade-helper: Step 5 talks about making configurations in the local.conf file.  First thing is to enable "distrodata" by inheriting the class.  Do we have an equivalent for this now that the class is gone?

This is no longer necessary, you can remove the step.

> * in ref-manual's "do_distrodata" task section - https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.7/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#ref-tasks-distrodata: Does this task disappear as well?  Or, is there an equivalent?

There is no equivalent, you can remove the sectrion.

> * In ref-manual's "do_checkpkg" task section - https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.7/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#ref-tasks-checkpkg: This task was included as part of the distrodata.bbclass.  How do we address the do_checkpkg task section now?

The equivalent functionality is provided by running devtool - 'devtool
latest-version' for one recipe, 'devtool check-upgrade-status' for
several (or all).

> * In the UPSTREAM_CHECK_GETTAGREGEX variable description in the ref-manual glossary - https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.7/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#var-UPSTREAM_CHECK_GITTAGREGEX: How do we change this?
> * in the UPSTREAM_CHECK_REGEX variable description also in the glossary - https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.7/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#var-UPSTREAM_CHECK_REGEX: How do we change this?
> * in the UPSTREAM_CHECK_URI variable description also int he glossary - https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.7/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#var-UPSTREAM_CHECK_URI: How do we change this?

All three should refer to the equivalent replacement (see above)
provided by devtool.

Alex

* Re: distrodata documentation in 2.7 Mega Manual
@ 2019-05-23 20:24     ` Scott Rifenbark
From: Scott Rifenbark @ 2019-05-23 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Kanavin; +Cc: Yocto discussion list, Eggleton, Paul