* Re: [yocto-infrastructure] push.yoctoproject.org downtime Wednesday November 24th
       [not found] <gqXD.1637275103384839012.ZNHm@lists.yoctoproject.org>
@ 2021-11-24 22:18 ` Michael Halstead
From: Michael Halstead @ 2021-11-24 22:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

The migration is complete. git.yoctoproject.org now serves from a pair of
load balanced mirrors. push.yoctoproject.org is on a new dedicated secure
host.

If git push hangs please double check the git remote is set to
push.yoctoproject.org. We switched to this domain years ago but still
allowed pushing to git.yoctoproject.org for convenience. That will not work
any longer. When updating repository remotes make sure to push from the
command line to add the new hostname to your known_hosts file. Scripts will
hang at the ssh prompt until the new hostname is added.

The mirrors pull in new changes rapidly but there is a delay between
pushing and those changes appearing on the mirrors. Any scripts that push
and then reference the commits will need a delay added to allow for the
sync.

Please email or reach out in IRC if you encounter any unexpected issues.

On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 2:38 PM Michael Halstead via lists.yoctoproject.org
<mhalstead=linuxfoundation.org@lists.yoctoproject.org> wrote:

> push.yoctoproject.org is going offline for a short downtime between 1700
> UTC and 2200 UTC while we move it to a new server. During the downtime
> pushes may timeout or be rejected. If your push is rejected try again in 15
> minutes. I will announce the start and end of the downtime in #yocto on
> Libera.Chat.
>
> git.yoctoproject.org will be moved to a new pair of high availability
> servers during the same window. No downtime is planned for this move.

Michael Halstead
Linux Foundation / Yocto Project
Systems Operations Engineer

* Re: [yocto-infrastructure] push.yoctoproject.org downtime Wednesday November 24th
@ 2021-11-25 17:02   ` Alexander Kanavin
From: Alexander Kanavin @ 2021-11-25 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)