* [Buildroot] Error when installing to staging directory
@ 2019-01-21 21:47 Raffucci, Anastasia
From: Raffucci, Anastasia @ 2019-01-21 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Buildroot Support Team,

I am relatively new to Buildroot and embedded Linux. I used Buildroot once for one project before the one I am working on right now. I have some support from people that are using it around me as well. But here is one problem I am struggling to solve.

I am having a problem where the process breaks when trying to install staging directory. I am building out of tree with custom skeleton and overlays. I was able to build root file system once. But when I cloned my project to another location on the same machine, I have this error:

>>> skeleton-custom  Installing to staging directory
rsync -a --ignore-times --exclude .svn --exclude .git --exclude .hg --exclude .bzr --exclude CVS --chmod=u=rwX,go=rX --exclude .empty --exclude '*~' /home/user/linux/buildroot/skeleton/ /home/user/linux/buildroot/host/arm-buildroot-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/
ln -snf lib /home/user/linux/buildroot/host/arm-buildroot-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/lib32
ln -snf lib /home/user/linux/buildroot/host/arm-buildroot-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/lib32
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/home/user/linux/buildroot/host/arm-buildroot-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/lib32': No such file or directory
package/pkg-generic.mk:273: recipe for target '/home/user/linux/buildroot/build/skeleton-custom/.stamp_staging_installed' failed
make[1]: *** [/home/user/linux/buildroot/build/skeleton-custom/.stamp_staging_installed] Error 1
Makefile:16: recipe for target '_all' failed
make: *** [_all] Error 2

I am not reusing any files or directories that get generated by the Buildroot. I also make sure to checkout buildroot git repository to not have any local changes. Unless it is hidden by .gitignore... What could possibly cause this error? As far as I see, everything in /host directory is populated by the Buildroot process. So why the sysroot/usr is missing? Am I missing to export another environment variable for Buildroot that gets set once when you run it first time and always there unchanged? Please help.

Thank you,

Anastasia