* [Buildroot] Report of the Buildroot meeting after FOSDEM 2018
@ 2018-02-19 20:41 Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2018-02-19 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello,

As was announced on this mailing list, a Buildroot meeting was
organized on February 5-6 in Brussels, right after the FOSDEM
conference.

First of all, I'd like to thank the participants: 14 developers
participated to this meeting, making it the largest Buildroot meeting
ever. It was particularly nice to meet those who attended for the first
time: Angelo Compagnucci, Joris Lijssens, Valentin Korenblit, Matt
Weber, Sam Voss, Bryce Ferguson and Roberto Muzz?.

I would also like to thank our sponsors Google and Mind. Google
provided the meeting room as well as lunch for the participants. Mind
offered the Monday evening dinner.

Based on the notes taken during the meeting, primarily by Arnout
Vandecappelle, I updated the Wiki of the meeting with a report:

  https://elinux.org/Buildroot:DeveloperDaysFOSDEM2018#Report

Some slides from Valentin Korenblit and Matt Weber are missing, but
hopefully, they will put them online soon, so that everyone can access
them.

The report is pretty basic, without a lot of introduction about each
topic. Therefore, if anyone has questions about the topics that were
discussed, do not hesitate to start such a discussion on the mailing
list. I'll be happy to provide more details about what was discussed,
and I'm sure the discussion on the mailing list can also be useful.
Note that the report is only about the topics discussed: a good amount
of hacking and patchwork review also took place.

The next meeting will take place around the Embedded Linux Conference
Europe, most likely on October 20-21, right before the ELCE conference,
in Edinburgh.

Once again, many thanks to all the participants, it was really nice to
meet all of you in Brussels!

Best regards,

Thomas Petazzoni
--
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin (formerly Free Electrons)
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering

* [Buildroot] Report of the Buildroot meeting after FOSDEM 2018
@ 2018-02-19 21:51 ` Peter Korsgaard
From: Peter Korsgaard @ 2018-02-19 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,

 > Some slides from Valentin Korenblit and Matt Weber are missing, but
 > hopefully, they will put them online soon, so that everyone can access
 > them.

I do see links to (Google Slides) presentations from both on the page
and in Framapad?

 > Once again, many thanks to all the participants, it was really nice to
 > meet all of you in Brussels!

Yes, from me as well - And thanks to Arnout and Thomas for the report!

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard

* [Buildroot] Report of the Buildroot meeting after FOSDEM 2018
@ 2018-02-19 22:11   ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2018-02-19 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello,

On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 22:51:01 +0100, Peter Korsgaard wrote:

>  > Some slides from Valentin Korenblit and Matt Weber are missing, but
>  > hopefully, they will put them online soon, so that everyone can access
>  > them.
>
> I do see links to (Google Slides) presentations from both on the page
> and in Framapad?

There are only the slides from Matt about CPE/CVE management. But not
his slides on security hardening or SELinux (don't remember if he had
some slides on the latter, but I'm pretty he had for the former). And
the slides from Valentin on LLVM are missing as far as I can see.

Thomas
--

@ 2018-02-19 22:37     ` Peter Korsgaard
From: Peter Korsgaard @ 2018-02-19 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

 > Hello,
 > On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 22:51:01 +0100, Peter Korsgaard wrote:

 >> > Some slides from Valentin Korenblit and Matt Weber are missing, but
 >> > hopefully, they will put them online soon, so that everyone can access
 >> > them.
 >>
 >> I do see links to (Google Slides) presentations from both on the page
 >> and in Framapad?

 > There are only the slides from Matt about CPE/CVE management. But not
 > his slides on security hardening or SELinux (don't remember if he had
 > some slides on the latter, but I'm pretty he had for the former). And
 > the slides from Valentin on LLVM are missing as far as I can see.

I don't recall about SELinux, but the wiki page atleast has links to the
hardening and LLVM slides:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1IyrflpslZ6Gnsl-deR5G3sODfuICe-UkBeD44Edudhk/edit#slide=id.p
https://drive.google.com/file/d/131hHp9YYR6yk-vf4qYVuaV7iOZxAutUt/view

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard

* [Buildroot] Report of the Buildroot meeting after FOSDEM 2018
@ 2018-02-19 22:41       ` Matthew Weber
From: Matthew Weber @ 2018-02-19 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Peter,

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 4:37 PM, Peter Korsgaard <peter@korsgaard.com> wrote:

>  > Hello,
>  > On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 22:51:01 +0100, Peter Korsgaard wrote:
>
>  >> > Some slides from Valentin Korenblit and Matt Weber are missing, but
>  >> > hopefully, they will put them online soon, so that everyone can access
>  >> > them.
>  >>
>  >> I do see links to (Google Slides) presentations from both on the page
>  >> and in Framapad?
>
>  > There are only the slides from Matt about CPE/CVE management. But not
>  > his slides on security hardening or SELinux (don't remember if he had
>  > some slides on the latter, but I'm pretty he had for the former). And
>  > the slides from Valentin on LLVM are missing as far as I can see.
>
> I don't recall about SELinux, but the wiki page atleast has links to the
> hardening and LLVM slides:

No slides for the SELinux but just open discussion on the outline in the agenda.

Matt