* compilation issues with 3.1.0
@ 2016-03-14 11:03 Emmanuel Grumbach
From: Emmanuel Grumbach @ 2016-03-14 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: backports

Hi,

One of my colleagues has issues with 3.1.0:
it can't find dma_common_get_sgtable.

HAVE_GENERIC_DMA_COHERENT is set, and hence
BPAUTO_BUILD_DMA_SHARED_HELPERS is not set.
Because of that, dma_common_get_sgtable isn't defined.

Sorry for the stupid question, but I can't think on how
dma_common_get_sgtable should be declared on 3.1 since it doesn't
exist in the base kernel obviously. Maybe that helper is supposed to
be used only in code that should be under ifdef?

thanks...

Emmanuel Grumbach
egrumbach@gmail.com

* Re: compilation issues with 3.1.0
@ 2016-04-30 15:34 ` Hauke Mehrtens
From: Hauke Mehrtens @ 2016-04-30 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emmanuel Grumbach, backports

On 03/14/2016 12:03 PM, Emmanuel Grumbach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One of my colleagues has issues with 3.1.0:
> it can't find dma_common_get_sgtable.
>
> HAVE_GENERIC_DMA_COHERENT is set, and hence
> BPAUTO_BUILD_DMA_SHARED_HELPERS is not set.
> Because of that, dma_common_get_sgtable isn't defined.
>
> Sorry for the stupid question, but I can't think on how
> dma_common_get_sgtable should be declared on 3.1 since it doesn't
> exist in the base kernel obviously. Maybe that helper is supposed to
> be used only in code that should be under ifdef?
>
> thanks...
Hi,

I think there was a problem in an older backports version with that. on
kernel <= 3.5 this is needed always and on kernel >= 3.6 && <= 3.8 this
is needed when HAVE_GENERIC_DMA_COHERENT is not set.

I want to remove this completely and make the media stuff depend on
kernel 3.8, to reduce the work need for maintenance.

Hauke