* QEMU Size Increase from Yocto Thud to Zeus
@ 2021-06-11 10:40 Aashik Aswin
From: Aashik Aswin @ 2021-06-11 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi Experts,

I am upgrading my Linux from Yocto Thud to Zeus (5.4 Kernel) . After
building I could see a significant increase in the size of the image.
On checking with buildhistory enabled, I could see that qemu has nearly
doubled in size.

Thud (4.19) - 223084  KiB     qemu
Zeus (5.4) - 474757  KiB     qemu

Is this size increase expected or are there some additional configs that
might have been added as a part of the upgrade ?

Appreciate your help.

TIA,
Aashik

* Re: [yocto] QEMU Size Increase from Yocto Thud to Zeus
@ 2021-06-11 15:18 ` Ross Burton
From: Ross Burton @ 2021-06-11 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aashik Aswin; +Cc: Yocto

Are you installing qemu into your image though?

Qemu did get larger as it is built with more architectures enabled,
but unless you're installing it in your image it won't make a
difference.

Ross

@ 2021-06-14  8:04   ` Aashik Aswin
From: Aashik Aswin @ 2021-06-14  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ross Burton; +Cc: Yocto

Thanks for the clarification, yes I am installing QEMU in my image. Is
there some way that we can disable the additional architectures and
streamline the size ?

Thanks

@ 2021-06-14 10:13     ` Ross Burton
From: Ross Burton @ 2021-06-14 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aashik Aswin; +Cc: Yocto

Yes, look at the PACKAGECONFIGs and setting QEMU_TARGETS.

Ross

@ 2021-06-14 10:52       ` Zoran
From: Zoran @ 2021-06-14 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ross Burton; +Cc: Aashik Aswin, Yocto

> Yes, look at the PACKAGECONFIGs and setting QEMU_TARGETS.

Does it mean that with the local.conf line:

# enable,disable,depends,rdepends
#
PACKAGECONFIG[qemu] = "--with-qemu,--without-qemu,qemu,"

The QEMU is completely removed (this is all that needs to be done, or...)?

Thank you,
Zee
_______

@ 2021-07-06  7:25         ` Aashik Aswin