* [ath9k-devel] Disable ACKs and Retransmission with ath9k_htc
@ 2016-01-25 10:17 Maties Pons
From: Maties Pons @ 2016-01-25 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to disable the 802.11 ACK and
retransmission mechanism using the ath9k_htc driver while running under the
IBSS (Ad-hoc) mode. I have found some investigation papers and studies
(like WildNet and Roofnet) that did it using the old MadWifi driver, but I
am not sure if it is doable with the current driver.

Thank you,

Maties Pons.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [ath9k-devel] Disable ACKs and Retransmission with ath9k_htc
@ 2016-02-23  0:47 ` Mathy Vanhoef
From: Mathy Vanhoef @ 2016-02-23  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

You can disable ACKs by setting a bogus MAC address, or by setting the
AR_DIAG_ACK_DIS of the AR_DIAG_SW register.

Retransmissions are also controllable, generally you can do this by
setting the "tries" or "retries" field of the Tx control structure to
one/zero.