* [Question] IMAGE_FSTYPES has no effect on master
@ 2017-01-05 23:33 Amin Bandali
From: Amin Bandali @ 2017-01-05 23:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

Hello,

Up until krogoth, I could adjust IMAGE_FSTYPES in my local.conf to generate
various types of archives:

    IMAGE_FSTYPES += "tar.bz2 tar.gz"

However, I've noticed that this has no effect on master, and only wic.gz
archives are generated.

The only relevant piece of information I came across was the following commit:

https://github.com/Freescale/meta-freescale-3rdparty/commit/038b0b737f55ebd2cbc29c91c8274fed422142d4

Any thoughts on how I could generate other image types on master, like I used to
on krogoth?

(I need a tar.gz or tar.bz2 so that I can un-tar them with sudo so that all the
files and directories have correct permissions. Because the files and folders
generated by bitbake in this directory
{YOCTO_BUILD_DIR}/tmp/work/wandboard-poky-linux-gnueabi/{IMAGE}/1.0-r0/rootfs
are owned by a regular user and when booting over NFS, those permissions cause
trouble.)

Thanks,
Amin

* Re: [Question] IMAGE_FSTYPES has no effect on master
@ 2017-01-06 15:30 ` Daiane Angolini
From: Daiane Angolini @ 2017-01-06 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Amin Bandali; +Cc: meta-freescale

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 9:33 PM, Amin Bandali <amin.bandali@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Up until krogoth, I could adjust IMAGE_FSTYPES in my local.conf to generate
> various types of archives:
>
>     IMAGE_FSTYPES += "tar.bz2 tar.gz"
>
> However, I've noticed that this has no effect on master, and only wic.gz
> archives are generated.
>
> The only relevant piece of information I came across was the following commit:
>
> https://github.com/Freescale/meta-freescale-3rdparty/commit/038b0b737f55ebd2cbc29c91c8274fed422142d4
>
> Any thoughts on how I could generate other image types on master, like I used to
> on krogoth?

Please, try to change the code on
https://github.com/Freescale/meta-freescale-3rdparty/blob/master/conf/machine/wandboard.conf#L49

Instead of
IMAGE_FSTYPES = "wic.gz"

use

IMAGE_FSTYPES ?= "wic.gz"

Keep IMAGE_FSTYPES += "tar.bz2 tar.gz" in your local.conf, give it a
try and let us know.

Daiane

@ 2017-01-07  4:08   ` Amin Bandali
From: Amin Bandali @ 2017-01-07  4:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daiane Angolini; +Cc: meta-freescale

Hello Daiane,

Thanks for the reply, that indeed worked! It'd be nice to have this
change merged upstream.

Amin

@ 2017-01-09 12:14     ` Daiane Angolini
From: Daiane Angolini @ 2017-01-09 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Amin Bandali; +Cc: meta-freescale

On Sat, Jan 7, 2017 at 2:08 AM, Amin Bandali <amin.bandali@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Daiane,
>
> Thanks for the reply, that indeed worked! It'd be nice to have this
> change merged upstream.

Great!

Can you, please, prepare the patch and send it to review?

Daiane

@ 2017-01-12 17:57       ` Amin Bandali
From: Amin Bandali @ 2017-01-12 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daiane Angolini; +Cc: meta-freescale