* [ANN] Media Summit at ELCE Dublin, September 12: Draft Agenda V2
@ 2022-08-23 10:53 Hans Verkuil
From: Hans Verkuil @ 2022-08-23 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media
  Cc: Sakari Ailus, Kieran Bingham, Nicolas Dufresne,
	Benjamin Gaignard, Hidenori Kobayashi, Paul Kocialkowski,
	Jacopo Mondi, Laurent Pinchart, Ricardo Ribalda, Maxime Ripard,
	Daniel Scally, Jernej Škrabec, Dave Stevenson,
	Philipp Zabel

Hi all,

Here is some more information about the Media Summit:

Date: Monday September 12
Time: 8:45-18:00
Location: Convention Centre Dublin
Room: The Liffey B - Part 1 (subject to change)
Sponsored by: Cisco Systems Norway, Collabora and the Kodi Foundation

We will have a projector or display to show presentations, power strips,
a whiteboard and beverages. Lunch is sponsored by the Kodi Foundation,
details to follow.

It's co-located with the OSS Europe conference:

https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/

Attendees:

Sakari Ailus <sakari.ailus@linux.intel.com>
Kieran Bingham <kieran.bingham@ideasonboard.com>
Nicolas Dufresne <nicolas@ndufresne.ca>
Benjamin Gaignard <benjamin.gaignard@collabora.com>
Hidenori Kobayashi <hidenorik@chromium.org>
Paul Kocialkowski <paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com>
Jacopo Mondi <jacopo@jmondi.org>
Michael Olbrich <m.olbrich@pengutronix.de>
Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
Ricardo Ribalda <ribalda@chromium.org>
Maxime Ripard <maxime@cerno.tech>
Daniel Scally <djrscally@gmail.com>
Jernej Škrabec <jernej.skrabec@gmail.com>
Niklas Söderlund <niklas.soderlund@ragnatech.se> (afternoon only)
Dave Stevenson <dave.stevenson@raspberrypi.com> (from 11 am approx.)
Michael Tretter <m.tretter@pengutronix.de>
Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl>
Philipp Zabel <p.zabel@pengutronix.de>

Note: there are 2 seats left, so if you are interested in this, mail me.

Tentative remote attendees:

Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@kernel.org>
Benjamin MUGNIER <benjamin.mugnier@foss.st.com>

Regarding remote attendance: I plan to bring a second laptop with me and a good webcam.
But whether this will work is not at all certain, esp. audio is often very poor. It very
much depends on the room. More info to follow.

The health and safety regulations will be those of the OSSE LF (updated on August 22):

https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/attend/health-and-safety/

As you can read above masks are needed for this event, so make sure you bring them!
You also need to be fully vaccinated (Duh!), or show a negative test. See the details
in the link.

We also strongly recommend that you do a self-test before going to the Conference Centre
for this meeting.

Code of conduct:

https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/attend/code-of-conduct/

Based on the submitted topics I have made a first draft of the agenda. I have tried
to keep the sensor-related topics to after 11:00 since Dave comes in later in the day.

I am also making the (reasonable) assumption that most (if not all) attendees will be
attending the ELCE/OSSE conference Tue-Fri as well. While it is nice if we can come
to a conclusion in the time allotted for each topic, it's also OK if we can set up
a small group that can discuss it further in the following days.

If you raised a discussion topic, but will be in Dublin for only the Monday, then
let me know.

I added a guesstimate of the time needed for each topic. If you think that guesstimate
is wildly off, then let me know. But remember: it's fine if we decide to discuss it
further in the following days in a smaller group.

If you present a topic, then please make a presentation. And if you have material you
can share beforehand, then that would be great.

We have the room from 8:30-18:00, so I moved a few things around since V1, in particular
please come in a bit earlier so you can set everything up (power, internet, etc.) so
we can begin at 9 AM sharp.

Don't expect that the times below are precise (esp. after 11:00): past experience tells
us that it can vary wildly.

Draft Agenda V2:

 8:40 Getting settled
 9:00 Introduction
 9:10 Hans: Presentation on CTA-861 & edid-decode
 9:25 Nicolas: Stateless encoder progress
10:00 Ricardo: Introduce ChromeOS camera project

11:00 Break

11:15 Kieran: Fault tolerance

  I raised this in the past when we first started hitting the issue on
  Renesas platforms with multiple cameras in a single media graph, but now
  I think it's become more critical with desktop / laptop devices that are
  hitting the issue (i.e. the IPU3).

  Summary of issue:

  - Multiple cameras that can function independently successfully, are
    prevented from functioning or fully probing by V4L2 if one component
    of another camera fails to load or probe.

    If Camera A has a VCM, and Camera B does not, Camera B will not be
    available at all if Camera A's VCM is not fully probed, even though
    Camera B can be fully functional and complete.

    Even if Camera A does not have the VCM probed, it may still function
    successfully (with a fixed focal position) - but our current
    implementation will mean that it will not even be available to
    capture images.

  We talked about this quite a long time ago, and I believe the general
  consensus was that we can have events on the media graph. But
  unfortunately at the time, there was no development scheduled on that,
  and it wasn't something I was able to continue at the time.

  I'd like to bring it up to refresh the topic, and see if we can make
  some progress as it's now affecting more general devices.

11:45 Jacopo: Representing addition sensor processing stages.

  How to represent additional processing stages that happens
  on the sensor side, mostly additional subsampling/cropping that happen
  between the analogue cropping on the full pixel array and the final
  image sent on the wire.

  https://lore.kernel.org/linux-media/CAPY8ntA06L1Xsph79sv9t7MiDSNeSO2vADevuXZdXQdhWpSmow@mail.gmail.com/

  Dave made a good introduction of the issue his email which got
  largely unanswered.

  The issue is particularly relevant for RAW sensors, where applying
  subsampling has an impact on the sensor's sensitivity and requires
  to adjust the gains and exposure accordingly.

  The V4L2 selection API falls short on this and the only other
  solution I am aware of is registering additional subdevices as the
  CCS driver does.

12:30 Lunch

13:30 Dave: On-sensor temperature reporting.

  Thread started by Benjamin at
  https://lore.kernel.org/linux-media/20220415111845.27130-3-benjamin.mugnier@foss.st.com/
  but no resolution over using hwmon API or V4L2 control. If hwmon
  then we need Media Controller framework to tie the sensor and thermal
  device together.

  It's recently been queried for IMX477 with the Pi
  (https://github.com/raspberrypi/libcamera/issues/19), but it will
  apply to many sensors.

13:50 Dave: Synchronising sensors for stereoscopic operation.

  How should that be configured? Allowing configuration from userspace
  would allow sensors to be operated independently which can be useful for
  test purposes, or should it be enforced from DT/ACPI? Do we set a default
  configuration for each sensor from DT/ACPI and then allow userspace to
  override should it wish?

14:10 Dave: Lens drivers.

  Each driver will have a "useful" range which is effectively dictated by
  the overall module. Should that be defined via DT as it is a feature of
  the platform, or leave the driver totally generic and expect userspace
  to do something sensible?

  In the case of simple systems without libcamera, do we set default for
  V4L2_CID_FOCUS_ABSOLUTE to a sensible hyperfocal distance, and can
  that again be defined in DT as it is defining the hardware?

14:30 Dave: Controlling sensor GPIO outputs.

  Controlling sensor GPIO outputs for things such as flash triggers,
  vsync, frame start/end, exposure start/end, etc.

  There is a huge range of features available so do we have any hope of
  standardising some of it, or do we end up hiding these away in the
  drivers with custom DT bindings to configure them? If we accept that
  there will be variation, can we vaguely standardise what those
  bindings look like? Or should these be V4L2 controls as things like
  pulse widths may want to be adjusted by userspace?

15:00 Break

15:30 Jacopo: Reconcile handling of regulator, gpios and clock on OF and ACPI platforms.

  We recently got a few series trying to reconcile handling of regulators,
  gpios and clocks on OF and ACPI platforms all of them doing the usual
  "similar but slightly different" thing:

  https://lore.kernel.org/linux-media/20220425061022.1569480-1-paul.elder@ideasonboard.com/
  https://lore.kernel.org/linux-media/20220329090133.338073-1-jacopo@jmondi.org/
  https://lore.kernel.org/linux-media/20220509143226.531117-1-foss+kernel@0leil.net/
  https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=0c2c7a1e0d69221b9d489bfd8cf53262d6f82446

  ACPI and OF handles clocks slightly differently, and it is not clear
  to me if ACPI based platform need explicit handling of
  clocks/regulator or ACPI does "the right thing" by itself (I'm
  afraid the answer is actually "it depends"). I'm ACPI illiterate
  so I cannot propose anything meaningful but if anyone is interested
  in discussing this further this might be a good time to do so ?

16:00 Laurent: V4L2 streams series.

  I'd like to discuss the V4L2 streams series, in particular how to
  upstream the parts that won't be upstream yet by mid-September.
  Discussing the next steps would also be useful, as there's lots we could
  build on top.

16:30 Laurent: How can we finalize conversion of v4l-utils to meson?

16:45-18:00 Anything else?

Regards,

	Hans

* Re: [ANN] Media Summit at ELCE Dublin, September 12: Draft Agenda V2
@ 2022-08-24 18:13 ` Nicolas Dufresne
From: Nicolas Dufresne @ 2022-08-24 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Verkuil, linux-media
  Cc: Sakari Ailus, Kieran Bingham, Benjamin Gaignard,

Le mardi 23 août 2022 à 12:53 +0200, Hans Verkuil a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> Here is some more information about the Media Summit:
>
> Date: Monday September 12
> Time: 8:45-18:00
> Location: Convention Centre Dublin
> Room: The Liffey B - Part 1 (subject to change)
> Sponsored by: Cisco Systems Norway, Collabora and the Kodi Foundation

[...]

> Draft Agenda V2:
>
>  8:40 Getting settled
>  9:00 Introduction
>  9:10 Hans: Presentation on CTA-861 & edid-decode
>  9:25 Nicolas: Stateless encoder progress

Took me a while to wakeup on that one, I didn't have much travel options and I'm
landing on the 12th but only at 11:30am. Do you mind moving this one in the
afternoon ?

@ 2022-08-25 14:29   ` Nicolas Dufresne
From: Nicolas Dufresne @ 2022-08-25 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Verkuil, linux-media
  Cc: Sakari Ailus, Kieran Bingham, Benjamin Gaignard,

Le mercredi 24 août 2022 à 14:13 -0400, Nicolas Dufresne a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> Le mardi 23 août 2022 à 12:53 +0200, Hans Verkuil a écrit :
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Here is some more information about the Media Summit:
> >
> > Date: Monday September 12
> > Time: 8:45-18:00
> > Location: Convention Centre Dublin
> > Room: The Liffey B - Part 1 (subject to change)
> > Sponsored by: Cisco Systems Norway, Collabora and the Kodi Foundation
>
> [...]
>
> > Draft Agenda V2:
> >
> >  8:40 Getting settled
> >  9:00 Introduction
> >  9:10 Hans: Presentation on CTA-861 & edid-decode
> >  9:25 Nicolas: Stateless encoder progress
>
> Took me a while to wakeup on that one, I didn't have much travel options and I'm
> landing on the 12th but only at 11:30am. Do you mind moving this one in the
> afternoon ?

I have managed to moved my flight a day earlier, so no need to change the
schedule anymore.

See you all in Dublin,
Nicolas

@ 2022-09-05 13:41 ` Sakari Ailus
From: Sakari Ailus @ 2022-09-05 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Verkuil
  Cc: linux-media, Kieran Bingham, Nicolas Dufresne, Benjamin Gaignard,
	Hidenori Kobayashi, Paul Kocialkowski, Jacopo Mondi,
	Laurent Pinchart, Ricardo Ribalda, Maxime Ripard, Daniel Scally,
	Jernej Škrabec, Dave Stevenson, Philipp Zabel

Hi Hans,

On Tue, Aug 23, 2022 at 12:53:44PM +0200, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> 16:45-18:00 Anything else?

I think it'd be great to have a GPG key signing party at the end of the
meeting.

Sakari Ailus

* Re: [ANN] Media Summit at ELCE Dublin, September 12: Draft Agenda V2
@ 2022-09-05 14:44   ` Laurent Pinchart
                       ` (7 more replies)
From: Laurent Pinchart @ 2022-09-05 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sakari Ailus
  Cc: Hans Verkuil, linux-media, Kieran Bingham, Nicolas Dufresne,
	Benjamin Gaignard, Hidenori Kobayashi, Paul Kocialkowski,
	Jacopo Mondi, Ricardo Ribalda, Maxime Ripard, Daniel Scally,

On Mon, Sep 05, 2022 at 01:41:11PM +0000, Sakari Ailus wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2022 at 12:53:44PM +0200, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> > 16:45-18:00 Anything else?
>
> I think it'd be great to have a GPG key signing party at the end of the
> meeting.

It's a good idea. Could everybody please send their GPG key fingerprint
in an e-mail reply to prepare for that ? It can easily be retrieved with
'gpg -K' (make sure to pick the right key if you have multiple of them).
I'll start:

sec   rsa4096/0xF045C2B96991256E 2014-10-09 [C]
      94231B980100EC619AC10E10F045C2B96991256E
uid                   [ultimate] Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>

If you're generating a key for the occasion, create a primary key with
the Certify (C) capability only, and create separate sub-keys for
Signature (S) and Encryption (E). There's little reason these days to
use less than 4096 bits for the primary key if you opt for RSA. The
subkeys should have an expiration date.

The primary key can then be moved to safe storage, you will only need
the subkeys for daily usage.  The primary key will be used only to
create new subkeys and to sign other people's keys.

Laurent Pinchart

* Re: [ANN] Media Summit at ELCE Dublin, September 12: Draft Agenda V2
@ 2022-09-05 14:56     ` Ricardo Ribalda
                       ` (6 subsequent siblings)
From: Ricardo Ribalda @ 2022-09-05 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurent Pinchart
  Cc: Sakari Ailus, Hans Verkuil, linux-media, Kieran Bingham,
	Nicolas Dufresne, Benjamin Gaignard, Hidenori Kobayashi,
	Paul Kocialkowski, Jacopo Mondi, Maxime Ripard, Daniel Scally,
	Jernej Škrabec, Dave Stevenson, Philipp Zabel

Good initiative! Thanks for organizing

On Mon, 5 Sept 2022 at 16:44, Laurent Pinchart
<laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 05, 2022 at 01:41:11PM +0000, Sakari Ailus wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 23, 2022 at 12:53:44PM +0200, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> > > 16:45-18:00 Anything else?
> >
> > I think it'd be great to have a GPG key signing party at the end of the
> > meeting.
>
> It's a good idea. Could everybody please send their GPG key fingerprint
> in an e-mail reply to prepare for that ? It can easily be retrieved with
> 'gpg -K' (make sure to pick the right key if you have multiple of them).
> I'll start:
>
> sec   rsa4096/0xF045C2B96991256E 2014-10-09 [C]
>       94231B980100EC619AC10E10F045C2B96991256E
> uid                   [ultimate] Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>

sec#  rsa4096 2018-10-19 [SC] [expires: 2026-05-20]
      9EC3BB66E2FC129A6F90B39556A0D81F9F782DA9
uid           [ultimate] Ricardo Ribalda Delgado <ricardo@ribalda.com>
uid           [ultimate] Ricardo Ribalda Delgado <ricardo.ribalda@gmail.com>
uid           [ultimate] Ricardo Ribalda Delgado <ribalda@kernel.org>

--
Ricardo Ribalda

* Re: Re: [ANN] Media Summit at ELCE Dublin, September 12: Draft Agenda V2
@ 2022-09-05 15:08       ` Jernej Škrabec
From: Jernej Škrabec @ 2022-09-05 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurent Pinchart, Ricardo Ribalda
  Cc: Sakari Ailus, Hans Verkuil, linux-media, Kieran Bingham,
	Nicolas Dufresne, Benjamin Gaignard, Hidenori Kobayashi,
	Paul Kocialkowski, Jacopo Mondi, Maxime Ripard, Daniel Scally,
	Dave Stevenson, Philipp Zabel

Dne ponedeljek, 05. september 2022 ob 16:56:23 CEST je Ricardo Ribalda
napisal(a):
> Good initiative! Thanks for organizing
>
> On Mon, 5 Sept 2022 at 16:44, Laurent Pinchart
>
> <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I think it'd be great to have a GPG key signing party at the end of the
> > > meeting.
> >
> > It's a good idea. Could everybody please send their GPG key fingerprint
> > in an e-mail reply to prepare for that ? It can easily be retrieved with
> > 'gpg -K' (make sure to pick the right key if you have multiple of them).
> > I'll start:
> >
> > sec   rsa4096/0xF045C2B96991256E 2014-10-09 [C]
> >
> >       94231B980100EC619AC10E10F045C2B96991256E
> >
> > uid                   [ultimate] Laurent Pinchart
> > <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
> sec#  rsa4096 2018-10-19 [SC] [expires: 2026-05-20]
>       9EC3BB66E2FC129A6F90B39556A0D81F9F782DA9
> uid           [ultimate] Ricardo Ribalda Delgado <ricardo@ribalda.com>
> uid           [ultimate] Ricardo Ribalda Delgado <ricardo.ribalda@gmail.com>
> uid           [ultimate] Ricardo Ribalda Delgado <ribalda@kernel.org>

sec#  rsa4096 2022-02-11 [C] [expires: 2072-01-30]
      A8BBA340E0940BC408AA839A76691E98F228D396
uid           [ultimate] Jernej Skrabec <jernej.skrabec@gmail.com>
uid           [ultimate] Jernej Skrabec <jernej@kernel.org>

> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Laurent Pinchart
>
> --
> Ricardo Ribalda

* Re: [ANN] Media Summit at ELCE Dublin, September 12: Draft Agenda V2
@ 2022-09-06  6:58     ` Hans Verkuil
                       ` (5 subsequent siblings)
From: Hans Verkuil @ 2022-09-06  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurent Pinchart, Sakari Ailus
  Cc: linux-media, Kieran Bingham, Nicolas Dufresne, Benjamin Gaignard,

On 05/09/2022 16:44, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 05, 2022 at 01:41:11PM +0000, Sakari Ailus wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 23, 2022 at 12:53:44PM +0200, Hans Verkuil wrote:
>>> 16:45-18:00 Anything else?
>>
>> I think it'd be great to have a GPG key signing party at the end of the
>> meeting.
>
> It's a good idea. Could everybody please send their GPG key fingerprint
> in an e-mail reply to prepare for that ? It can easily be retrieved with
> 'gpg -K' (make sure to pick the right key if you have multiple of them).
> I'll start:
>
> sec   rsa4096/0xF045C2B96991256E 2014-10-09 [C]
>       94231B980100EC619AC10E10F045C2B96991256E
> uid                   [ultimate] Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
>
> If you're generating a key for the occasion, create a primary key with
> the Certify (C) capability only, and create separate sub-keys for
> Signature (S) and Encryption (E). There's little reason these days to
> use less than 4096 bits for the primary key if you opt for RSA. The
> subkeys should have an expiration date.
>
> The primary key can then be moved to safe storage, you will only need
> the subkeys for daily usage.  The primary key will be used only to
> create new subkeys and to sign other people's keys.

sec#  rsa4096 2014-10-14 [SC] [expires: 2024-10-11]
      052CDE7BC215053B689F1BCABD2D614866143B4C
uid           [ultimate] Hans Verkuil <hverkuil-cisco@xs4all.nl>
uid           [ultimate] Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl>

* Re: [ANN] Media Summit at ELCE Dublin, September 12: Draft Agenda V2
@ 2022-09-07  6:51     ` Hans Verkuil
                       ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Hans Verkuil @ 2022-09-07  6:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurent Pinchart, Sakari Ailus
  Cc: linux-media, Kieran Bingham, Nicolas Dufresne, Benjamin Gaignard,
	Hidenori Kobayashi, Paul Kocialkowski, Jacopo Mondi,
	Ricardo Ribalda, Maxime Ripard, Daniel Scally,
	Jernej Škrabec, Dave Stevenson, Philipp Zabel

Hi Laurent,

On 05/09/2022 16:44, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 05, 2022 at 01:41:11PM +0000, Sakari Ailus wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 23, 2022 at 12:53:44PM +0200, Hans Verkuil wrote:
>>> 16:45-18:00 Anything else?
>>
>> I think it'd be great to have a GPG key signing party at the end of the
>> meeting.
>
> It's a good idea. Could everybody please send their GPG key fingerprint
> in an e-mail reply to prepare for that ? It can easily be retrieved with
> 'gpg -K' (make sure to pick the right key if you have multiple of them).
> I'll start:
>
> sec   rsa4096/0xF045C2B96991256E 2014-10-09 [C]
>       94231B980100EC619AC10E10F045C2B96991256E
> uid                   [ultimate] Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
>
> If you're generating a key for the occasion, create a primary key with
> the Certify (C) capability only, and create separate sub-keys for
> Signature (S) and Encryption (E). There's little reason these days to
> use less than 4096 bits for the primary key if you opt for RSA. The
> subkeys should have an expiration date.
>
> The primary key can then be moved to safe storage, you will only need
> the subkeys for daily usage.  The primary key will be used only to
> create new subkeys and to sign other people's keys.

Can you also give instructions on what to do at the key signing party?

I do this so rarely that I always forget what magic gpg commands I need
to make to sign keys.

If everyone has this information at hand, then we can quickly proceed with
this on Monday.

Regards,

	Hans

* Re: [ANN] Media Summit at ELCE Dublin, September 12: Draft Agenda V2
                       ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2022-09-07  7:36     ` Sakari Ailus
                       ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Sakari Ailus @ 2022-09-07  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurent Pinchart
  Cc: Hans Verkuil, linux-media, Kieran Bingham, Nicolas Dufresne,

On Mon, Sep 05, 2022 at 05:44:26PM +0300, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 05, 2022 at 01:41:11PM +0000, Sakari Ailus wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 23, 2022 at 12:53:44PM +0200, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> > > 16:45-18:00 Anything else?
> >
> > I think it'd be great to have a GPG key signing party at the end of the
> > meeting.
>
> It's a good idea. Could everybody please send their GPG key fingerprint
> in an e-mail reply to prepare for that ? It can easily be retrieved with
> 'gpg -K' (make sure to pick the right key if you have multiple of them).
> I'll start:
>
> sec   rsa4096/0xF045C2B96991256E 2014-10-09 [C]
>       94231B980100EC619AC10E10F045C2B96991256E
> uid                   [ultimate] Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>

Maybe we could put the keys here for easier access?

<URL:https://pilvi.retiisi.eu/s/CYZp6Bz4yj4Ak2e>

--
Sakari Ailus

* Re: [ANN] Media Summit at ELCE Dublin, September 12: Draft Agenda V2
@ 2022-09-07  7:44       ` Sakari Ailus
From: Sakari Ailus @ 2022-09-07  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Verkuil
  Cc: Laurent Pinchart, linux-media, Kieran Bingham, Nicolas Dufresne,

On Wed, Sep 07, 2022 at 08:51:48AM +0200, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> Hi Laurent,
>
> On 05/09/2022 16:44, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> >>
> >> I think it'd be great to have a GPG key signing party at the end of the
> >> meeting.
> >
> > It's a good idea. Could everybody please send their GPG key fingerprint
> > in an e-mail reply to prepare for that ? It can easily be retrieved with
> > 'gpg -K' (make sure to pick the right key if you have multiple of them).
> > I'll start:
> >
> > sec   rsa4096/0xF045C2B96991256E 2014-10-09 [C]
> >       94231B980100EC619AC10E10F045C2B96991256E
> > uid                   [ultimate] Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
> >
> > If you're generating a key for the occasion, create a primary key with
> > the Certify (C) capability only, and create separate sub-keys for
> > Signature (S) and Encryption (E). There's little reason these days to
> > use less than 4096 bits for the primary key if you opt for RSA. The
> > subkeys should have an expiration date.
> >
> > The primary key can then be moved to safe storage, you will only need
> > the subkeys for daily usage.  The primary key will be used only to
> > create new subkeys and to sign other people's keys.
> >

> Can you also give instructions on what to do at the key signing party?
>
> I do this so rarely that I always forget what magic gpg commands I need
> to make to sign keys.
>
> If everyone has this information at hand, then we can quickly proceed with
> this on Monday.

There's one here (directly linking to the signing section albeit the rest
is important, too):

<URL:https://www.cryptnet.net/fdp/crypto/keysigning_party/en/keysigning_party.html#id2557964>

I also wrote a small script that assumes there will be no errors of any
sort at any point of time, in conjunction with the e-mail on the key list.

--
Sakari Ailus

* Re: [ANN] Media Summit at ELCE Dublin, September 12: Draft Agenda V2
@ 2022-09-07  7:44       ` Laurent Pinchart
From: Laurent Pinchart @ 2022-09-07  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sakari Ailus
  Cc: Hans Verkuil, linux-media, Kieran Bingham, Nicolas Dufresne,

On Wed, Sep 07, 2022 at 07:36:42AM +0000, Sakari Ailus wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 05, 2022 at 05:44:26PM +0300, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> > >
> > > I think it'd be great to have a GPG key signing party at the end of the
> > > meeting.
> >
> > It's a good idea. Could everybody please send their GPG key fingerprint
> > in an e-mail reply to prepare for that ? It can easily be retrieved with
> > 'gpg -K' (make sure to pick the right key if you have multiple of them).
> > I'll start:
> >
> > sec   rsa4096/0xF045C2B96991256E 2014-10-09 [C]
> >       94231B980100EC619AC10E10F045C2B96991256E
> > uid                   [ultimate] Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
>
> Maybe we could put the keys here for easier access?

I was planning to consolidate the list and send it to all attendees
before the workshop.

@ 2022-09-07  9:51       ` Laurent Pinchart
From: Laurent Pinchart @ 2022-09-07  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Verkuil
  Cc: Sakari Ailus, linux-media, Kieran Bingham, Nicolas Dufresne,
	Benjamin Gaignard, Hidenori Kobayashi, Paul Kocialkowski,
	Jacopo Mondi, Ricardo Ribalda, Maxime Ripard, Daniel Scally,
	Jernej Škrabec, Dave Stevenson, Philipp Zabel

Hi Hans,

On Wed, Sep 07, 2022 at 08:51:48AM +0200, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> On 05/09/2022 16:44, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> >>
> >> I think it'd be great to have a GPG key signing party at the end of the
> >> meeting.
> >
> > It's a good idea. Could everybody please send their GPG key fingerprint
> > in an e-mail reply to prepare for that ? It can easily be retrieved with
> > 'gpg -K' (make sure to pick the right key if you have multiple of them).
> > I'll start:
> >
> > sec   rsa4096/0xF045C2B96991256E 2014-10-09 [C]
> >       94231B980100EC619AC10E10F045C2B96991256E
> > uid                   [ultimate] Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
> >
> > If you're generating a key for the occasion, create a primary key with
> > the Certify (C) capability only, and create separate sub-keys for
> > Signature (S) and Encryption (E). There's little reason these days to
> > use less than 4096 bits for the primary key if you opt for RSA. The
> > subkeys should have an expiration date.
> >
> > The primary key can then be moved to safe storage, you will only need
> > the subkeys for daily usage.  The primary key will be used only to
> > create new subkeys and to sign other people's keys.
> >

> Can you also give instructions on what to do at the key signing party?
>
> I do this so rarely that I always forget what magic gpg commands I need
> to make to sign keys.
>
> If everyone has this information at hand, then we can quickly proceed with
> this on Monday.

Good point.

First of all, everybody should make sure that their key is published on
key servers.

I will gather al the keys and print a list that I will hand out to
everybody on Monday. This will be the authoritative source of
information, as anything stored in digital form could theoritically be
tampered with.

We will go around the table, and everybody will check that their key ID
matches the printed documented (to make sure I haven't tampered with the
printed version they have received), and read it out loud for everybody
to compare with their own printed version (to make sure I've distributed
the same version to everybody). If any mismatch is noticed, people are
expected to shout out loud.

Then we will verify identities. If we have a laptop with a webcam that
can be hooked up to a projector, we can simply take turns and show a
government-issues ID that clearly displays our name, for people in the
room to compare that with the keys. Once the fingerprints and the
identities are checked, the corresponding keys should be marked as
verified on the paper version.

The next step is to sign keys. This is something that will happen after
the media summit, and if you have your master key on offline storage,
will happen after you get back home. You will need to download keys from
key servers, verify that the fingerprints match the paper version and
sign the keys.

The final step is to publish signatures. I'll try to check what the
latest best practices are. One option is to simply publish the
signatures to key servers, but we can also mail them to the key owner,
in an encrypted e-mail to make sure the recipient is the intended
person.

Laurent Pinchart

* Re: [ANN] Media Summit at ELCE Dublin, September 12: Draft Agenda V2
@ 2022-09-07  9:58         ` Hans Verkuil
From: Hans Verkuil @ 2022-09-07  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurent Pinchart
  Cc: Sakari Ailus, linux-media, Kieran Bingham, Nicolas Dufresne,

On 07/09/2022 11:51, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> On Wed, Sep 07, 2022 at 08:51:48AM +0200, Hans Verkuil wrote:

>>> It's a good idea. Could everybody please send their GPG key fingerprint
>>> in an e-mail reply to prepare for that ? It can easily be retrieved with
>>> 'gpg -K' (make sure to pick the right key if you have multiple of them).
>>> I'll start:
>>>
>>> sec   rsa4096/0xF045C2B96991256E 2014-10-09 [C]
>>>       94231B980100EC619AC10E10F045C2B96991256E
>>> uid                   [ultimate] Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
>>>
>>> If you're generating a key for the occasion, create a primary key with
>>> the Certify (C) capability only, and create separate sub-keys for
>>> Signature (S) and Encryption (E). There's little reason these days to
>>> use less than 4096 bits for the primary key if you opt for RSA. The
>>> subkeys should have an expiration date.
>>>
>>> The primary key can then be moved to safe storage, you will only need
>>> the subkeys for daily usage.  The primary key will be used only to
>>> create new subkeys and to sign other people's keys.
>>>

>> Can you also give instructions on what to do at the key signing party?
>>
>> I do this so rarely that I always forget what magic gpg commands I need
>> to make to sign keys.
>>
>> If everyone has this information at hand, then we can quickly proceed with
>> this on Monday.
>
> Good point.
>
> First of all, everybody should make sure that their key is published on
> key servers.

Which key servers? That's never been clear to me: which key server(s) are
you supposed to use?

Regards,

	Hans

@ 2022-09-07 10:06           ` Laurent Pinchart
From: Laurent Pinchart @ 2022-09-07 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Verkuil
  Cc: Sakari Ailus, linux-media, Kieran Bingham, Nicolas Dufresne,

On Wed, Sep 07, 2022 at 11:58:29AM +0200, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> On 07/09/2022 11:51, Laurent Pinchart wrote:

> >> Can you also give instructions on what to do at the key signing party?
> >>
> >> I do this so rarely that I always forget what magic gpg commands I need
> >> to make to sign keys.
> >>
> >> If everyone has this information at hand, then we can quickly proceed with
> >> this on Monday.
> >
> > Good point.
> >
> > First of all, everybody should make sure that their key is published on
> > key servers.
>
> Which key servers? That's never been clear to me: which key server(s) are
> you supposed to use?

They are supposed to mirror each other, so any of the main ones should
do. hkp://keys.gnupg.net, hkp://pgp.mit.edu, hkps://keys.openpgp.org,
hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com, ...

> > I will gather al the keys and print a list that I will hand out to
> > everybody on Monday. This will be the authoritative source of
> > information, as anything stored in digital form could theoritically be
> > tampered with.
> >
> > We will go around the table, and everybody will check that their key ID
> > matches the printed documented (to make sure I haven't tampered with the
> > printed version they have received), and read it out loud for everybody
> > to compare with their own printed version (to make sure I've distributed
> > the same version to everybody). If any mismatch is noticed, people are
> > expected to shout out loud.
> >
> > Then we will verify identities. If we have a laptop with a webcam that
> > can be hooked up to a projector, we can simply take turns and show a
> > government-issues ID that clearly displays our name, for people in the
> > room to compare that with the keys. Once the fingerprints and the
> > identities are checked, the corresponding keys should be marked as
> > verified on the paper version.
> >
> > The next step is to sign keys. This is something that will happen after
> > the media summit, and if you have your master key on offline storage,
> > will happen after you get back home. You will need to download keys from
> > key servers, verify that the fingerprints match the paper version and
> > sign the keys.
> >
> > The final step is to publish signatures. I'll try to check what the
> > latest best practices are. One option is to simply publish the
> > signatures to key servers, but we can also mail them to the key owner,
> > in an encrypted e-mail to make sure the recipient is the intended
> > person.

Laurent Pinchart

* Re: [ANN] Media Summit at ELCE Dublin, September 12: Draft Agenda V2
@ 2022-09-07 10:30             ` Hans Verkuil
From: Hans Verkuil @ 2022-09-07 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurent Pinchart
  Cc: Sakari Ailus, linux-media, Kieran Bingham, Nicolas Dufresne,

On 07/09/2022 12:06, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 07, 2022 at 11:58:29AM +0200, Hans Verkuil wrote:

>>> Good point.
>>>
>>> First of all, everybody should make sure that their key is published on
>>> key servers.
>>
>> Which key servers? That's never been clear to me: which key server(s) are
>> you supposed to use?
>
> They are supposed to mirror each other, so any of the main ones should
> do. hkp://keys.gnupg.net, hkp://pgp.mit.edu, hkps://keys.openpgp.org,
> hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com, ...

Well, hkp://keys.gnupg.net for one is dead, it no longer exists. The other
three are still alive.

keys.openpgp.org and keyserver.ubuntu.com do find my keys, but pgp.mit.edu
doesn't appear to have it. In fact, I can't find your key there either. That
suggests that that one doesn't mirror from others.

So the only two that appear to be reliable are hkps://keys.openpgp.org
and hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com.

Regards,

	Hans

@ 2022-09-07 11:53               ` Maxime Ripard
From: Maxime Ripard @ 2022-09-07 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Verkuil
  Cc: Laurent Pinchart, Sakari Ailus, linux-media, Kieran Bingham,
	Nicolas Dufresne, Benjamin Gaignard, Hidenori Kobayashi,
	Paul Kocialkowski, Jacopo Mondi, Ricardo Ribalda, Daniel Scally,

On Wed, Sep 07, 2022 at 12:30:36PM +0200, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> keys.openpgp.org and keyserver.ubuntu.com do find my keys, but pgp.mit.edu
> doesn't appear to have it. In fact, I can't find your key there either. That
> suggests that that one doesn't mirror from others.
>
> So the only two that appear to be reliable are hkps://keys.openpgp.org
> and hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com.

The kernel.org doc mentions openpgp.org:
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/pgpkeys.html#submitting-keys-to-the-keyring

They also seem fairly active in developing their infrastructure:
https://gitlab.com/hagrid-keyserver/hagrid

Maxime

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: [ANN] Media Summit at ELCE Dublin, September 12: Draft Agenda V2
                       ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2022-09-07 11:53     ` Maxime Ripard
                       ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Maxime Ripard @ 2022-09-07 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurent Pinchart
  Cc: Sakari Ailus, Hans Verkuil, linux-media, Kieran Bingham,
	Nicolas Dufresne, Benjamin Gaignard, Hidenori Kobayashi,
	Paul Kocialkowski, Jacopo Mondi, Ricardo Ribalda, Daniel Scally,
	Jernej Škrabec, Dave Stevenson, Philipp Zabel

On Mon, Sep 05, 2022 at 05:44:26PM +0300, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 05, 2022 at 01:41:11PM +0000, Sakari Ailus wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 23, 2022 at 12:53:44PM +0200, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> > > 16:45-18:00 Anything else?
> >
> > I think it'd be great to have a GPG key signing party at the end of the
> > meeting.
>
> It's a good idea. Could everybody please send their GPG key fingerprint
> in an e-mail reply to prepare for that ? It can easily be retrieved with
> 'gpg -K' (make sure to pick the right key if you have multiple of them).
> I'll start:
>
> sec   rsa4096/0xF045C2B96991256E 2014-10-09 [C]
>       94231B980100EC619AC10E10F045C2B96991256E
> uid                   [ultimate] Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
>
> If you're generating a key for the occasion, create a primary key with
> the Certify (C) capability only, and create separate sub-keys for
> Signature (S) and Encryption (E). There's little reason these days to
> use less than 4096 bits for the primary key if you opt for RSA. The
> subkeys should have an expiration date.
>
> The primary key can then be moved to safe storage, you will only need
> the subkeys for daily usage.  The primary key will be used only to
> create new subkeys and to sign other people's keys.

sec#  ed25519 2018-09-15 [C] [expires: 2023-03-17]
      BE5675C37E818C8B5764241C254BCFC56BF6CE8D
uid           [ultimate] Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard@anandra.org>
uid           [ultimate] Maxime Ripard <mripard@kernel.org>
uid           [ultimate] Maxime Ripard (Work Address) <maxime@cerno.tech>
ssb>  cv25519 2018-09-15 [E] [expires: 2023-03-17]
ssb>  ed25519 2018-09-15 [S] [expires: 2023-03-17]
ssb>  ed25519 2018-09-15 [A] [expires: 2023-03-17]

Thanks!
Maxime

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: [ANN] Media Summit at ELCE Dublin, September 12: Draft Agenda V2
@ 2022-09-07 12:01         ` Sakari Ailus
From: Sakari Ailus @ 2022-09-07 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurent Pinchart
  Cc: Hans Verkuil, linux-media, Kieran Bingham, Nicolas Dufresne,

On Wed, Sep 07, 2022 at 10:44:15AM +0300, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 07, 2022 at 07:36:42AM +0000, Sakari Ailus wrote:

> > > It's a good idea. Could everybody please send their GPG key fingerprint
> > > in an e-mail reply to prepare for that ? It can easily be retrieved with
> > > 'gpg -K' (make sure to pick the right key if you have multiple of them).
> > > I'll start:
> > >
> > > sec   rsa4096/0xF045C2B96991256E 2014-10-09 [C]
> > >       94231B980100EC619AC10E10F045C2B96991256E
> > > uid                   [ultimate] Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
> >
> > Maybe we could put the keys here for easier access?
>
> I was planning to consolidate the list and send it to all attendees
> before the workshop.

That would work, too. It's probably still about as easy to put them on that
page.

> > <URL:https://pilvi.retiisi.eu/s/CYZp6Bz4yj4Ak2e>

--
Sakari Ailus

* Re: [ANN] Media Summit at ELCE Dublin, September 12: Draft Agenda V2
                       ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2022-09-07 12:46     ` Kieran Bingham
From: Kieran Bingham @ 2022-09-07 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurent Pinchart, Sakari Ailus
  Cc: Hans Verkuil, linux-media, Nicolas Dufresne, Benjamin Gaignard,
	Hidenori Kobayashi, Paul Kocialkowski, Jacopo Mondi,
	Ricardo Ribalda, Maxime Ripard, Daniel Scally,
	Jernej Škrabec, Dave Stevenson, Philipp Zabel

Quoting Laurent Pinchart (2022-09-05 15:44:26)
> On Mon, Sep 05, 2022 at 01:41:11PM +0000, Sakari Ailus wrote:
> > I think it'd be great to have a GPG key signing party at the end of the
> > meeting.
>
> It's a good idea. Could everybody please send their GPG key fingerprint
> in an e-mail reply to prepare for that ? It can easily be retrieved with
> 'gpg -K' (make sure to pick the right key if you have multiple of them).

sec   rsa4096 2015-09-25 [SC] [expires: 2024-09-01]
      902DD7983FBD28FDE372D47AA11E467210A461FD
uid           [ultimate] Kieran Bingham <kieran.bingham@ideasonboard.com>
uid           [ultimate] Kieran Bingham (Work Encryption Key) <kieran@linuxembedded.co.uk>
uid           [ultimate] Kieran Bingham (Alias) <kieran@linuxembedded.uk>
uid           [ultimate] Kieran Bingham <kbingham@kernel.org>

--
Kieran

* Re: [ANN] Media Summit at ELCE Dublin, September 12: Draft Agenda V2
@ 2022-09-08  8:47       ` Jacopo Mondi
From: Jacopo Mondi @ 2022-09-08  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kieran Bingham
  Cc: Laurent Pinchart, Sakari Ailus, Hans Verkuil, linux-media,
	Nicolas Dufresne, Benjamin Gaignard, Hidenori Kobayashi,
	Paul Kocialkowski, Ricardo Ribalda, Maxime Ripard, Daniel Scally,

On Wed, Sep 07, 2022 at 01:46:19PM +0100, Kieran Bingham wrote:
> Quoting Laurent Pinchart (2022-09-05 15:44:26)
> > On Mon, Sep 05, 2022 at 01:41:11PM +0000, Sakari Ailus wrote:
> > > I think it'd be great to have a GPG key signing party at the end of the
> > > meeting.
> >
> > It's a good idea. Could everybody please send their GPG key fingerprint
> > in an e-mail reply to prepare for that ? It can easily be retrieved with
> > 'gpg -K' (make sure to pick the right key if you have multiple of them).

sec#  rsa4096 2016-10-19 [SC]
      72392EDC88144A65C701EA9BA5826A2587AD026B
uid           [ultimate] Jacopo Mondi <jacopo@jmondi.org>
ssb   rsa4096 2016-10-19 [E]
ssb   rsa4096 2016-10-20 [S]

* Re: [ANN] Media Summit at ELCE Dublin, September 12: Draft Agenda V2
                       ` (5 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2022-09-10  4:23     ` Chen-Yu Tsai
From: Chen-Yu Tsai @ 2022-09-10  4:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurent Pinchart
  Cc: Sakari Ailus, Hans Verkuil, linux-media, Kieran Bingham,
	Nicolas Dufresne, Benjamin Gaignard, Hidenori Kobayashi,
	Paul Kocialkowski, Jacopo Mondi, Ricardo Ribalda, Maxime Ripard,
	Daniel Scally, Jernej Škrabec, Dave Stevenson,
	Philipp Zabel

On Mon, Sep 5, 2022 at 10:46 PM Laurent Pinchart
<laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 05, 2022 at 01:41:11PM +0000, Sakari Ailus wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 23, 2022 at 12:53:44PM +0200, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> > > 16:45-18:00 Anything else?
> >
> > I think it'd be great to have a GPG key signing party at the end of the
> > meeting.
>
> It's a good idea. Could everybody please send their GPG key fingerprint
> in an e-mail reply to prepare for that ? It can easily be retrieved with
> 'gpg -K' (make sure to pick the right key if you have multiple of them).
> I'll start:
>
> sec   rsa4096/0xF045C2B96991256E 2014-10-09 [C]
>       94231B980100EC619AC10E10F045C2B96991256E
> uid                   [ultimate] Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>

sec   rsa4096/0xC94035C21B4F2AEB 2017-03-14 [SC] [expires: 2023-02-11]
      B3F2469D78D78BD09D366F37C94035C21B4F2AEB
uid                   [ultimate] Chen-Yu Tsai <wens@csie.org>
uid                   [ultimate] Chen-Yu Tsai <wens@freedesktop.org>
uid                   [ultimate] Chen-Yu Tsai <wens@kernel.org>
uid                   [ultimate] Chen-Yu Tsai <wenst@chromium.org>
ssb   rsa4096/0x871A74AAB8E0BE8E 2017-03-14 [E] [expires: 2023-02-11]
ssb   rsa4096/0x389A54219C0F2430 2017-03-15 [S] [expires: 2023-02-11]

Thanks!

* Re: [ANN] Media Summit at ELCE Dublin, September 12: Draft Agenda V2
                       ` (6 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2022-09-10 11:18     ` Laurent Pinchart
From: Laurent Pinchart @ 2022-09-10 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sakari Ailus
  Cc: Hans Verkuil, linux-media, Kieran Bingham, Nicolas Dufresne,

On Mon, Sep 05, 2022 at 05:44:27PM +0300, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 05, 2022 at 01:41:11PM +0000, Sakari Ailus wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 23, 2022 at 12:53:44PM +0200, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> > > 16:45-18:00 Anything else?
> >
> > I think it'd be great to have a GPG key signing party at the end of the
> > meeting.
>
> It's a good idea. Could everybody please send their GPG key fingerprint
> in an e-mail reply to prepare for that ? It can easily be retrieved with
> 'gpg -K' (make sure to pick the right key if you have multiple of them).
> I'll start:
>
> sec   rsa4096/0xF045C2B96991256E 2014-10-09 [C]
>       94231B980100EC619AC10E10F045C2B96991256E
> uid                   [ultimate] Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
>
> If you're generating a key for the occasion, create a primary key with
> the Certify (C) capability only, and create separate sub-keys for
> Signature (S) and Encryption (E). There's little reason these days to
> use less than 4096 bits for the primary key if you opt for RSA. The
> subkeys should have an expiration date.
>
> The primary key can then be moved to safe storage, you will only need
> the subkeys for daily usage.  The primary key will be used only to
> create new subkeys and to sign other people's keys.

I have received keys for half of the attendees. If you are in the list
below, have a GPG key, and would like to participate in the key signing,
please send your public key by e-mail today.

Benjamin Gaignard
Daniel Scally
Dave Stevenson
Hugues Fruchet
Michael Olbrich
Michael Tretter
Nicolas Dufresne
Niklas Söderlund
Philipp Zabel

Laurent Pinchart

* Re: [ANN] Media Summit at ELCE Dublin, September 12: Draft Agenda V2
@ 2022-09-22 22:05   ` Sakari Ailus
From: Sakari Ailus @ 2022-09-22 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Verkuil
  Cc: linux-media, Kieran Bingham, Nicolas Dufresne, Benjamin Gaignard,
	Hidenori Kobayashi, Paul Kocialkowski, Jacopo Mondi,
	Laurent Pinchart, Ricardo Ribalda, Maxime Ripard, Daniel Scally,
	Jernej Škrabec, Dave Stevenson, Philipp Zabel

Hello everyone,

On Mon, Sep 05, 2022 at 01:41:11PM +0000, Sakari Ailus wrote:
> I think it'd be great to have a GPG key signing party at the end of the
> meeting.

Thanks to everyone who participated!

I recently learned my @iki.fi key
(270CDCD35B9D7E26C2D72097BF53AD52308AD4EC) was not up-to-date in
<URL:hkps://keyserver.ubuntu.com/> keyserver. I've now updated it.

It also seems keyservers no longer regularly synchronise keys with each
other. Some of the keys I obtained from the Debian default keyserver
<URL:hkps://keys.openpgp.org> whereas the rest I got from the other one
(mentioned earlier).

--
Kind regards,

Sakari Ailus

* Re: [ANN] Media Summit at ELCE Dublin, September 12: Draft Agenda V2
@ 2022-09-30 20:46       ` Maxime Ripard
From: Maxime Ripard @ 2022-09-30 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurent Pinchart
  Cc: Sakari Ailus, Hans Verkuil, linux-media, Kieran Bingham,

On Wed, Sep 07, 2022 at 01:53:51PM +0200, Maxime Ripard wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 05, 2022 at 05:44:26PM +0300, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> > >
> > > I think it'd be great to have a GPG key signing party at the end of the
> > > meeting.
> >
> > It's a good idea. Could everybody please send their GPG key fingerprint
> > in an e-mail reply to prepare for that ? It can easily be retrieved with
> > 'gpg -K' (make sure to pick the right key if you have multiple of them).
> > I'll start:
> >
> > sec   rsa4096/0xF045C2B96991256E 2014-10-09 [C]
> >       94231B980100EC619AC10E10F045C2B96991256E
> > uid                   [ultimate] Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
> >
> > If you're generating a key for the occasion, create a primary key with
> > the Certify (C) capability only, and create separate sub-keys for
> > Signature (S) and Encryption (E). There's little reason these days to
> > use less than 4096 bits for the primary key if you opt for RSA. The
> > subkeys should have an expiration date.
> >
> > The primary key can then be moved to safe storage, you will only need
> > the subkeys for daily usage.  The primary key will be used only to
> > create new subkeys and to sign other people's keys.
>
> sec#  ed25519 2018-09-15 [C] [expires: 2023-03-17]
>       BE5675C37E818C8B5764241C254BCFC56BF6CE8D
> uid           [ultimate] Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard@anandra.org>
> uid           [ultimate] Maxime Ripard <mripard@kernel.org>
> uid           [ultimate] Maxime Ripard (Work Address) <maxime@cerno.tech>

I'm not entirely sure what happened, but it looks like all the
signatures I received so far (Laurent, Jernej, Ricardo, Kieran, Jacopo
and Chen-Yu) have been missing that UID

Could you make sure that it's signed?

Thanks!
Maxime

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: [ANN] Media Summit at ELCE Dublin, September 12: Draft Agenda V2
@ 2022-09-30 20:52         ` Laurent Pinchart
From: Laurent Pinchart @ 2022-09-30 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maxime Ripard
  Cc: Sakari Ailus, Hans Verkuil, linux-media, Kieran Bingham,
	Nicolas Dufresne, Benjamin Gaignard, Hidenori Kobayashi,
	Paul Kocialkowski, Jacopo Mondi, Ricardo Ribalda, Daniel Scally,
	Jernej Škrabec, Dave Stevenson, Philipp Zabel

Hi Maxime,

On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 10:46:42PM +0200, Maxime Ripard wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 07, 2022 at 01:53:51PM +0200, Maxime Ripard wrote:

> > > It's a good idea. Could everybody please send their GPG key fingerprint
> > > in an e-mail reply to prepare for that ? It can easily be retrieved with
> > > 'gpg -K' (make sure to pick the right key if you have multiple of them).
> > > I'll start:
> > >
> > > sec   rsa4096/0xF045C2B96991256E 2014-10-09 [C]
> > >       94231B980100EC619AC10E10F045C2B96991256E
> > > uid                   [ultimate] Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
> > >
> > > If you're generating a key for the occasion, create a primary key with
> > > the Certify (C) capability only, and create separate sub-keys for
> > > Signature (S) and Encryption (E). There's little reason these days to
> > > use less than 4096 bits for the primary key if you opt for RSA. The
> > > subkeys should have an expiration date.
> > >
> > > The primary key can then be moved to safe storage, you will only need
> > > the subkeys for daily usage.  The primary key will be used only to
> > > create new subkeys and to sign other people's keys.
> >
> > sec#  ed25519 2018-09-15 [C] [expires: 2023-03-17]
> >       BE5675C37E818C8B5764241C254BCFC56BF6CE8D
> > uid           [ultimate] Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard@anandra.org>
> > uid           [ultimate] Maxime Ripard <mripard@kernel.org>
> > uid           [ultimate] Maxime Ripard (Work Address) <maxime@cerno.tech>
>
> I'm not entirely sure what happened, but it looks like all the
> signatures I received so far (Laurent, Jernej, Ricardo, Kieran, Jacopo
> and Chen-Yu) have been missing that UID
>
> Could you make sure that it's signed?

The key I have here doesn't have that UID. To what key server have you
pushed it ?

Laurent Pinchart

* Re: [ANN] Media Summit at ELCE Dublin, September 12: Draft Agenda V2
@ 2022-10-01 10:07           ` Maxime Ripard
From: Maxime Ripard @ 2022-10-01 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurent Pinchart
  Cc: Sakari Ailus, Hans Verkuil, linux-media, Kieran Bingham,

On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 11:52:30PM +0300, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> Hi Maxime,
>
> On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 10:46:42PM +0200, Maxime Ripard wrote:

> > > sec#  ed25519 2018-09-15 [C] [expires: 2023-03-17]
> > >       BE5675C37E818C8B5764241C254BCFC56BF6CE8D
> > > uid           [ultimate] Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard@anandra.org>
> > > uid           [ultimate] Maxime Ripard <mripard@kernel.org>
> > > uid           [ultimate] Maxime Ripard (Work Address) <maxime@cerno.tech>
> >
> > I'm not entirely sure what happened, but it looks like all the
> > signatures I received so far (Laurent, Jernej, Ricardo, Kieran, Jacopo
> > and Chen-Yu) have been missing that UID
> >
> > Could you make sure that it's signed?
>
> The key I have here doesn't have that UID. To what key server have you
> pushed it ?

It is published on keys.openpgp.org and I sent it yesterday to
keyserver.ubuntu.com.

Maxime

* Re: [ANN] Media Summit at ELCE Dublin, September 12: Draft Agenda V2
@ 2022-10-03  0:20             ` Laurent Pinchart
From: Laurent Pinchart @ 2022-10-03  0:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maxime Ripard
  Cc: Sakari Ailus, Hans Verkuil, linux-media, Kieran Bingham,

On Sat, Oct 01, 2022 at 12:07:41PM +0200, Maxime Ripard wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 11:52:30PM +0300, Laurent Pinchart wrote:

> > > I'm not entirely sure what happened, but it looks like all the
> > > signatures I received so far (Laurent, Jernej, Ricardo, Kieran, Jacopo
> > > and Chen-Yu) have been missing that UID
> > >
> > > Could you make sure that it's signed?
> >
> > The key I have here doesn't have that UID. To what key server have you
> > pushed it ?
>
> It is published on keys.openpgp.org and I sent it yesterday to
> keyserver.ubuntu.com.

The latter gave me your third UID, the former didn't.

Laurent Pinchart

* Re: [ANN] Media Summit at ELCE Dublin, September 12: Draft Agenda V2
@ 2022-10-10  8:26               ` Maxime Ripard
From: Maxime Ripard @ 2022-10-10  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurent Pinchart
  Cc: Sakari Ailus, Hans Verkuil, linux-media, Kieran Bingham,