* Get j5 WebCam JVCU100 supported by Linux UVC driver
@ 2022-01-26  2:47 Mohammad
From: Mohammad @ 2022-01-26  2:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

Greetings,

I have been trying to use the j5 WebCam JVCU100 on Linux and it doesn't
function properly.  Cheese cannot seem to find it, and I did not see it
listed on your list of supported devices, so I thought I would bring it
to your attention.  Here is what I see from running lsusb:

Bus 001 Device 006: ID 0711:3108 Magic Control Technology Corp. j5
WebCam JVCU100

Also, running lsusb -d 0711:3108 -v | grep "14 Video" returns

Couldn't open device, some information will be missing
      bFunctionClass         14 Video
      bInterfaceClass        14 Video
      bInterfaceClass        14 Video
      bInterfaceClass        14 Video
      bInterfaceClass        14 Video

So, looks like the Linux UVC driver at least recognizes the webcam.
Please let me know if you can help with this, thanks!

Regards,

Mohammad