* Re: drm/layerscape: Add Freescale DCU DRM driver
@ 2015-08-21 13:41 Andreas Ruprecht
From: Andreas Ruprecht @ 2015-08-21 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jianwei Wang
  Cc: linux-kernel, Daniel Vetter, Xiubo Li, Alison Wang,
	Valentin Rothberg, Stefan Hengelein

Hi Jianwei,

your commit 109eee2f2a18 ("drm/layerscape: Add Freescale DCU DRM
driver") showed up in linux-next today (i.e., next-20150821). I noticed
it because we are running a daily analysis on the newest linux-next tree
as part of our research.

In the source code of fsl_dcu_drm_drv.c, there is the following #ifdef:
 #ifdef CONFIG_COMPAT
        .compat_ioctl   = drm_compat_ioctl,
 #endif

The Kconfig option for the driver, however, states that the driver can
only be built with CONFIG_ARM enabled:

config DRM_FSL_DCU
       tristate "DRM Support for Freescale DCU"
       depends on DRM && OF && ARM
       [...]

Inside arch/arm/, however, there is no definition of CONFIG_COMPAT (note
that there is one in arch/arm64/, but the driver explicitely needs
CONFIG_ARM), so the #ifdef block above can never be compiled in the
current state. Is this intended?

Regards,

Andreas

* Re: drm/layerscape: Add Freescale DCU DRM driver
@ 2015-08-24  4:04 ` Jianwei Wang
From: Jianwei Wang @ 2015-08-24  4:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Ruprecht
  Cc: linux-kernel, Daniel Vetter, Xiubo Li, Alison Wang,
	Valentin Rothberg, Stefan Hengelein

On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 9:41 PM, Andreas Ruprecht
<andreas.ruprecht@fau.de> wrote:
> Hi Jianwei,
>
> your commit 109eee2f2a18 ("drm/layerscape: Add Freescale DCU DRM
> driver") showed up in linux-next today (i.e., next-20150821). I noticed
> it because we are running a daily analysis on the newest linux-next tree
> as part of our research.
>
> In the source code of fsl_dcu_drm_drv.c, there is the following #ifdef:
>  #ifdef CONFIG_COMPAT
>         .compat_ioctl   = drm_compat_ioctl,
>  #endif
>
> The Kconfig option for the driver, however, states that the driver can
> only be built with CONFIG_ARM enabled:
>
> config DRM_FSL_DCU
>        tristate "DRM Support for Freescale DCU"
>        depends on DRM && OF && ARM
>        [...]
>
> Inside arch/arm/, however, there is no definition of CONFIG_COMPAT (note
> that there is one in arch/arm64/, but the driver explicitely needs
> CONFIG_ARM), so the #ifdef block above can never be compiled in the
> current state. Is this intended?
>
> Regards,
>
> Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, this driver should also work on the
arm64 SOCs using DCU in the future. So I did some prepare for adapting
arm64 SOCs. But for now, It only support 32bit arm SOCs.

Regards,

Jianwei.

* Re: drm/layerscape: Add Freescale DCU DRM driver
@ 2015-08-24  4:10 ` Jianwei Wang
From: Jianwei Wang @ 2015-08-24  4:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Ruprecht
  Cc: linux-kernel, Daniel Vetter, Xiubo Li, Alison Wang,