* [LTP] LTP filesystem related tests
@ 2012-06-01 15:39 Romu
From: Romu @ 2012-06-01 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp-list

Hi,

1) What option should I use with runltp to test different filesystems?
 -d TMPDIR and with TMPDIR on different filesystems?

2) Which tests should I use to test if filesystem is working fine?
I'm using the following:

filecaps
fs
fs_bind
fs_perms_simple
fs_readonly
fsx

Are the above tests a good test suite for filesystem test?  Any other
tests (e.g. aio, dio)?

Thanks
Romu

* Re: [LTP] LTP filesystem related tests
@ 2012-06-01 17:01 ` tadimarri sarath
From: tadimarri sarath @ 2012-06-01 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Romu; +Cc: ltp-list

Hi Romu,
you can use "syscalls" test in addition to that.

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 9:09 PM, Romu <huruomu@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 1) What option should I use with runltp to test different filesystems?
>  -d TMPDIR and with TMPDIR on different filesystems?
>
> 2) Which tests should I use to test if filesystem is working fine?
> I'm using the following:
>
> filecaps
> fs
> fs_bind
> fs_perms_simple
> fs_readonly
> fsx
>
> Are the above tests a good test suite for filesystem test?  Any other
> tests (e.g. aio, dio)?
>
> Thanks
> Romu

Live Security Virtual Conference

* Re: [LTP] LTP filesystem related tests
@ 2012-06-06 14:41 ` Cyril Hrubis
From: Cyril Hrubis @ 2012-06-06 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Romu; +Cc: ltp-list

Hi!
> 1) What option should I use with runltp to test different filesystems?
>  -d TMPDIR and with TMPDIR on different filesystems?

Yes, that is pretty much how to do it.

I do remeber that some of the tests weren't utilizing TMPDIR and used
/tmp/ directly but that should be hopefully fixed now.

> 2) Which tests should I use to test if filesystem is working fine?
> I'm using the following:
>
> filecaps
> fs
> fs_bind
> fs_perms_simple
> fs_readonly
> fsx
>
> Are the above tests a good test suite for filesystem test?  Any other
> tests (e.g. aio, dio)?

Are you looking for stress tests or functionality tests or both?

As allready said, quite a lot of the tests in the syscalls runtest file
do something filesystem related.

Then there are some stress tests as growfiles and dio_* and aiodio_*
etc.

--
Cyril Hrubis
chrubis@suse.cz