* [RFC generichid 0/5]
@ 2012-07-20 16:29 Nathaniel Haggard
From: Nathaniel Haggard @ 2012-07-20 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Patch to add generichid so bluez can emulate a bluetooth keyboard.
Pairs with ubuntu, osx leopard and tiger.  The following commands set
it up for testing:

#!/bin/bash

./src/bluetoothd -P input -n &> log &
/usr/local/sbin/hciconfig hci0 class 0x02540
/usr/local/sbin/hciconfig hci0 piscan
python test/simple-agent

 Makefile.am         |   10 +
 Makefile.tools      |    1 +
 acinclude.m4        |    6 +
 bootstrap-configure |    1 +
 input/generichid.c  | 1220 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

* Re: [RFC generichid 0/5]
@ 2012-07-20 20:42 ` David Herrmann
From: David Herrmann @ 2012-07-20 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathaniel Haggard; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hi

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 6:29 PM, Nathaniel Haggard <natester@gmail.com> wrote:
> Patch to add generichid so bluez can emulate a bluetooth keyboard.
> Pairs with ubuntu, osx leopard and tiger.  The following commands set
> it up for testing:

Why calling it "generichid"? It took me quite some time to figure out
what you actually implement here. If the profile is called
"generichid" then this is fine, but please use more descriptive
commit-messages. I guess this implements the client-side of the BT-HID
specs?

Furthermore, I think the input modules got moved into profiles/input/
so it would be nice if you could rebuild against the current git
revision.

And as a last point, please use more review-friendly splits. You
currently introduce many functions in the first commit that aren't
really used there. This makes review very hard. And a separate
dbus-API description would be nice so we know what is actually
implemented.

Thanks
David