* Yocto and Qt embedded
@ 2012-06-27  8:14 Giovanni Foiani
From: Giovanni Foiani @ 2012-06-27  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

This is my first post on this mailing list and I'm quite new to Yocto.
I successfully built a distro using the latest release of hob, including Qt
embedded (without X11).
I wrote a Qt application and cross compiled for ARM on my host machine but
when I deploy it on the device (a Freescale iMX53) I get and error because
the application looks for libraries like libQtGui but on the distro all Qt
libraries are named like libQtGuiE (ending with E which I suppose it stands
for Embedded).
Is the problem due to a wrong distro configuration or a compile problem?
(I'm using a default ARM toolchain from Ubuntu repos)

Thanks

Giovanni
--

Dott. Ing. Giovanni Foiani

Cell:        +39-349-3577515
Phone:    +39-0532-97-4106
mail:        giovanni.foiani@unife.it
CenTec - Corso Guercino, 47 - 44042 Cento (FE)

* Re: Yocto and Qt embedded
@ 2012-06-28 18:12 ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2012-06-28 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Giovanni Foiani; +Cc: yocto

Dear Giovanni,

In message <CANsUPaP4h2OUz_4McKQ8jmfm_grv_cCGCMfxZQaGMs7ty8Bf1A@mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> This is my first post on this mailing list and I'm quite new to Yocto.
> I successfully built a distro using the latest release of hob, including Qt
> embedded (without X11).
> I wrote a Qt application and cross compiled for ARM on my host machine but
> when I deploy it on the device (a Freescale iMX53) I get and error because
> the application looks for libraries like libQtGui but on the distro all Qt
> libraries are named like libQtGuiE (ending with E which I suppose it stands
> for Embedded).

These names are OK for the Qt Embedded libraries, and they should
match what your cross development tools are using.  Which tool chain
did you use for compiling and linking your application - the one from
meta-toolchain-qte ?

When I build meta-toolchain-qte, this also includes, for example,

.../sysroots/armv6-vfp-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/libQtGuiE.so.4.8.2

so cross tool chain and native systems work together without problems.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd@denx.de
It's hard to make a program foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

* Re: Yocto and Qt embedded
@ 2012-06-28 18:20   ` Zhang, Jessica
From: Zhang, Jessica @ 2012-06-28 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wolfgang Denk, Giovanni Foiani; +Cc: yocto

Hi Giovanni,

You need to build a matching toolchain.  Either from command line do "bitbake meta-toolchain-qte or through hob, under Settings, please make sure check "Build Toolchain".

Thanks,
Jessica

@ 2012-07-12  6:45     ` Giovanni Foiani
From: Giovanni Foiani @ 2012-07-12  6:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zhang, Jessica; +Cc: yocto

Hi Jessica,

I built separately the qte toolchain running:

   - bitbake meta-toolchain-qte

and the qte demo image (without toolchain) using Hob.
Now I need to integrate Yocto SDK and Qt Creator IDE.
I'm trying to configure Qt Creator to recognize Poky toolchain and Qt
Creator asks for the compiler path inside Poky SDK.
Where is the compiler located inside Poky SDK built from meta-toolchain-qte?

Thanks

Giovanni

--

@ 2012-07-13 19:04       ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2012-07-13 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Giovanni Foiani; +Cc: yocto

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 11:45 PM, Giovanni Foiani <fnognn@unife.it> wrote:
> Where is the compiler located inside Poky SDK built from meta-toolchain-qte?

somewhere like below is mine for x86_64

/opt/poky/1.2+snapshot/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/x86_64-poky-linux/

* Re: Yocto and Qt embedded
@ 2012-07-14 10:15         ` Giovanni Foiani
From: Giovanni Foiani @ 2012-07-14 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: yocto

Hi Khem,

I have to use Yocto Denzil branch (not the latest snapshot) because I'm
developing for Freescale iMX53 QSB and fsl-arm branch is aligned with
Denzil.
From a fresh Denzil installation I edited local.conf and bblayer.conf files
and run "bitbake meta-toolchain-qte". The command ends successfully.

So I tried to find g++ compiler using "find" command, into:

/opt/poky/1.2.1/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/

with no success.

I found qmake command
(into /opt/poky/1.2.1/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin) but when I set
this Qt version in Qt creator the ABI detection fails, so I can't configure
the right toolchain inside Qt creator and I can't build my application.
Do I have to rerun the bitbake command? Am I missing any configuration?

Thanks

Giovanni

--

@ 2012-07-14 18:17           ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2012-07-14 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Giovanni Foiani; +Cc: yocto

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 3:15 AM, Giovanni Foiani <fnognn@unife.it> wrote:
> So I tried to find g++ compiler using "find" command, into:
>
> /opt/poky/1.2.1/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/
>
> with no success.

find "*g++"

* Re: Yocto and Qt embedded
@ 2012-07-16 11:56             ` Giovanni Foiani
From: Giovanni Foiani @ 2012-07-16 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: yocto

Thanks Khem,
I successfully found g++ compiler path which is:

/opt/poky/1.2.1/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/armv7a-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-g++

now I was able to configure the poky tool chain into Qt creator (using
default mkspec which is linux-g++); after that I tried to configure Qt
Version (4.7.4) in Qt creator using the following qmake file:

/opt/poky/1.2.1/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/qmake

Now Qt creator gives me a warning:

*"ABI detection failed: Make sure to use a matching tool chain when
building"*
*
*
ABI is automatically set to arm-linux-generic-elf and this warning prevents
me to select arm tool chain for building my application.
Am I using the wrong mkspec? (The other ones seems unsuitable for me..)

Thanks

Giovanni
--

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 8:17 PM, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 3:15 AM, Giovanni Foiani <fnognn@unife.it> wrote:
> > So I tried to find g++ compiler using "find" command, into:
> >
> > /opt/poky/1.2.1/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/
> >
> > with no success.
>
> find "*g++"

* Re: Yocto and Qt embedded
@ 2012-07-25 14:46               ` Giovanni Foiani
From: Giovanni Foiani @ 2012-07-25 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: yocto

I also tried to point to a qmake file under the Yocto build tree but it is
not correct..

Is there a way to compile the Qt application out of Qt creator?
For example sourcing the arm environment and running make into the
application folder?

Thanks

Giovanni
--

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 1:56 PM, Giovanni Foiani <fnognn@unife.it> wrote:

> Thanks Khem,
> I successfully found g++ compiler path which is:
>

> /opt/poky/1.2.1/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/armv7a-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-g++
>
> now I was able to configure the poky tool chain into Qt creator (using
> default mkspec which is linux-g++); after that I tried to configure Qt
> Version (4.7.4) in Qt creator using the following qmake file:
>
> /opt/poky/1.2.1/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/qmake
>
> Now Qt creator gives me a warning:
>
> *"ABI detection failed: Make sure to use a matching tool chain when
> building"*
> *
> *
> ABI is automatically set to arm-linux-generic-elf and this warning
> prevents me to select arm tool chain for building my application.
> Am I using the wrong mkspec? (The other ones seems unsuitable for me..)
>
> Thanks
>
> Giovanni
> --
>
> Dott. Ing. Giovanni Foiani
>
> Cell:        +39-349-3577515
> Phone:    +39-0532-97-4106
> mail:        giovanni.foiani@unife.it
> CenTec - Corso Guercino, 47 - 44042 Cento (FE)
>

> On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 8:17 PM, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 3:15 AM, Giovanni Foiani <fnognn@unife.it> wrote:
>> > So I tried to find g++ compiler using "find" command, into:
>> >
>> > /opt/poky/1.2.1/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/
>> >
>> > with no success.
>>
>> find "*g++"

* Re: Yocto and Qt embedded
@ 2012-07-26 14:48                 ` Giovanni Foiani
From: Giovanni Foiani @ 2012-07-26 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: yocto

I solved adding in my setup-environment script all enviroment variable
related to Qt (I used paths generated by meta-toolchain-qte).

Then sourcing this environment and running into my project directory:

   - qmake2
   - make

I can successfully build Qt applications..

I still can't configure the environment to run using qt creator...

Giovanni
--

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 4:46 PM, Giovanni Foiani <fnognn@unife.it> wrote:

> I also tried to point to a qmake file under the Yocto build tree but it is
> not correct..
>
> Is there a way to compile the Qt application out of Qt creator?
> For example sourcing the arm environment and running make into the
> application folder?
>
> Thanks
>
> Giovanni
> --
>
> Dott. Ing. Giovanni Foiani
>
> Cell:        +39-349-3577515
> Phone:    +39-0532-97-4106
> mail:        giovanni.foiani@unife.it
> CenTec - Corso Guercino, 47 - 44042 Cento (FE)
>

> On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 1:56 PM, Giovanni Foiani <fnognn@unife.it> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Khem,
>> I successfully found g++ compiler path which is:
>>

>> /opt/poky/1.2.1/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/armv7a-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-g++
>>
>> now I was able to configure the poky tool chain into Qt creator (using
>> default mkspec which is linux-g++); after that I tried to configure Qt
>> Version (4.7.4) in Qt creator using the following qmake file:
>>
>> /opt/poky/1.2.1/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/qmake
>>
>> Now Qt creator gives me a warning:
>>
>> *"ABI detection failed: Make sure to use a matching tool chain when
>> building"*
>> *
>> *
>> ABI is automatically set to arm-linux-generic-elf and this warning
>> prevents me to select arm tool chain for building my application.
>> Am I using the wrong mkspec? (The other ones seems unsuitable for me..)
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Giovanni
>> --
>>
>> Dott. Ing. Giovanni Foiani
>>
>> Cell:        +39-349-3577515
>> Phone:    +39-0532-97-4106
>> mail:        giovanni.foiani@unife.it
>> CenTec - Corso Guercino, 47 - 44042 Cento (FE)
>>

>> On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 8:17 PM, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> find "*g++"

* Re: Yocto and Qt embedded
@ 2012-07-26 14:54                   ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2012-07-26 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Giovanni Foiani; +Cc: yocto

Dear Giovanni,

In message <CANsUPaP8K__YAZngRW88ogh8Pk2xfNQfgkj_378oc+8cmFqhJQ@mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I solved adding in my setup-environment script all enviroment variable
> related to Qt (I used paths generated by meta-toolchain-qte).
> I still can't configure the environment to run using qt creator...

Did you read this:

http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/ELDK-5/FrequentlyAskedQuestionsAndAnswers#How_can_I_use_the_QtEmbedded_tar

Does it help?

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd@denx.de
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.
                                                   -- Albert Einstein