* how to firing device event when SD card inserting usb card reader
@ 2014-06-26 14:47 loody
From: loody @ 2014-06-26 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-scsi, linux-usb

hi all:
I try below flow:
1. plug in usb card reader
2. wait 2 seconds
3. plug in SD card

on ubuntu PC system, the udev can get SD plug in event
but on my embedded system, there is no udev plug event when SD plug in.

Is this issue related to media change command?
if so, should I enable kernel config or do anything in user mode program?

thanks for your help in advance,

* Re: how to firing device event when SD card inserting usb card reader
@ 2014-06-26 15:57 ` Alan Stern
From: Alan Stern @ 2014-06-26 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: loody; +Cc: SCSI development list, USB list

On Thu, 26 Jun 2014, loody wrote:

> hi all:
> I try below flow:
> 1. plug in usb card reader
> 2. wait 2 seconds
> 3. plug in SD card
>
> on ubuntu PC system, the udev can get SD plug in event
> but on my embedded system, there is no udev plug event when SD plug in.
>
> Is this issue related to media change command?
> if so, should I enable kernel config or do anything in user mode program?
>
> thanks for your help in advance,

What does usbmon show?

Alan Stern

* Re: how to firing device event when SD card inserting usb card reader
@ 2014-07-04 11:23   ` loody
From: loody @ 2014-07-04 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Stern; +Cc: SCSI development list, USB list

hi Alan:

> On Thu, 26 Jun 2014, loody wrote:
>
>> hi all:
>> I try below flow:
>> 1. plug in usb card reader
>> 2. wait 2 seconds
>> 3. plug in SD card
>>
>> on ubuntu PC system, the udev can get SD plug in event
>> but on my embedded system, there is no udev plug event when SD plug in.
>>
>> Is this issue related to media change command?
>> if so, should I enable kernel config or do anything in user mode program?
>>
>> thanks for your help in advance,
>
> What does usbmon show?
after we enable CONFIG_SCSI_MULTI_LUN, we can udevent when SD plug in
card reader.

appreciate your kind help,