* Different scan code behavior in X and console
@ 2012-01-15  0:52 郭晓峰
From: 郭晓峰 @ 2012-01-15  0:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-console

Hi there,

Sorry to bother. Not sure whether it is correct to post this question
to the mail list, but can't find a suitable linux console user mail
list for discussing this. If you have good mail list to suggest,
please help me to forward. Thanks!

The question is: I tried to make my emacs have the same key response
on both X and console (ssh pts). However, I can't find scan code for
"Ctrl-PageDown" in console mode. I attached the code for testing the
scan code, and below is different behavior in X and console:

============= X ===========
Press a Key 338   // Just type <PageDown>
Press a Key 27
Press a Key 91
Press a Key 54
Press a Key 59
Press a Key 53
Press a Key 126  // 6-chars for <Ctrl-PageDown>
============ Console =========
Press a Key 338  // Same for <PageDown>
Press a Key         // No response for <Ctrl-PageDown>

Any idea on this? Greatly appreciate your replies, your suggested
readings, and so on!

Best Regards,
Lamu Guo

=============Below is text of the code, for easily reading to skip
attachment=================

#include <stdlib.h>
#include <ctype.h>
#include <curses.h>

int main(void)
{
  WINDOW *_window = initscr();
  int _rows;
  int _cols;

  cbreak();

  /* Accept all keys */
  keypad(_window, true);

  /* Don't echo things that are typed */
  noecho();

  /* Get the screen dimensions */
  getmaxyx(_window, _rows, _cols);

  /* Don't display cursor */
  curs_set(0);

  for (;;)
  {
    printw("Press a Key ");
    refresh();
    int key = wgetch(_window);
    printw("%d \n", key);
  }

  endwin();

  return 0;
}

[-- Attachment #2: curin2.c --]
[-- Type: text/x-csrc, Size: 514 bytes --]

#include <stdlib.h>
#include <ctype.h>
#include <curses.h>

int main(void)
{
  WINDOW *_window = initscr();
  int _rows;
  int _cols;

  cbreak();

  /* Accept all keys */
  keypad(_window, true);

  /* Don't echo things that are typed */
  noecho();

  /* Get the screen dimensions */
  getmaxyx(_window, _rows, _cols);

  /* Don't display cursor */
  curs_set(0);

  for (;;)
  {
    printw("Press a Key ");
    refresh();
    int key = wgetch(_window);
    printw("%d \n", key);
  }

  endwin();

  return 0;
}

* Re: Different scan code behavior in X and console
@ 2012-01-15  7:49 ` 郭晓峰
From: 郭晓峰 @ 2012-01-15  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-console

OK, I got it. Ctrl-PageDown is remapped by Mac and Windows, it works in Linux.

Please skip this problem, it doesn't related to Linux.