* Re: [SPDK] Running bdevio without a conf file
@ 2018-09-03 20:31 Andrey Kuzmin
From: Andrey Kuzmin @ 2018-09-03 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

On a similar occasion, I had found it very helpful (with testing standalone
bdevs) to start RPC server right in the bdevperf. The same should be
certainly possible with bdevio; I can push a patch if need be.

HTH,
Andrey

On Mon, Sep 3, 2018, 18:40 Luse, Paul E <paul.e.luse(a)intel.com> wrote:

> Yeah, I'm not getting it.  What I was trying is just:
>
> Window 1:
> sudo ./bdevio --wait-for-rpc
>
> Window 2:
> sudo scripts/rpc.py start_subsystem_init
> Error while connecting to /var/tmp/spdk.sock
> Error details: [Errno 111] Connection refused
>
> And obviously if that had worked I'd have slipped in my bdev contract RPCs
> before using the start RPC.
>
> Thanks
> Paul

Andrey

* Re: [SPDK] Running bdevio without a conf file
@ 2018-09-04 12:37 Andrey Kuzmin
From: Andrey Kuzmin @ 2018-09-04 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

You're welcome.

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018, 15:24 Luse, Paul E <paul.e.luse(a)intel.com> wrote:

> Nice, thanks!  Yeah, this is basically what I did and spent the rest of
> the day trying to get my json config stuff correct so I could load/save
> correctly.  Almost there, thanks again!! I'll review and test for fully
> later, still have something strange on my end
>
> -Paul

Andrey

* Re: [SPDK] Running bdevio without a conf file
@ 2018-09-04 12:23 Luse, Paul E
From: Luse, Paul E @ 2018-09-04 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

@ 2018-09-04  7:29 Andrey Kuzmin
From: Andrey Kuzmin @ 2018-09-04  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

@ 2018-09-03 22:23 Luse, Paul E
From: Luse, Paul E @ 2018-09-03 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

Our corp email must be stripping it...

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018, 01:19 Luse, Paul E <paul.e.luse(a)intel.com> wrote:

> Just got back, see "attached" but nothing attached.

You should recheck that email, it has a patch attached.

Regards,
Andrey

I got the RPC server to start in bdevio by adding the default address to
> the opts structure however construction of a bdev doesn't seem to be
> allowed in this state.  If you meant to attach something please fire
> it over again, otherwise no big deal I'll figure it out....
>
> Thanks!
> Paul

Andrey

* Re: [SPDK] Running bdevio without a conf file
@ 2018-09-03 22:21 Andrey Kuzmin
From: Andrey Kuzmin @ 2018-09-03 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018, 01:19 Luse, Paul E <paul.e.luse(a)intel.com> wrote:

> Just got back, see "attached" but nothing attached.

You should recheck that email, it has a patch attached.

Regards,
Andrey

I got the RPC server to start in bdevio by adding the default address to
> the opts structure however construction of a bdev doesn't seem to be
> allowed in this state.  If you meant to attach something please fire it
> over again, otherwise no big deal I'll figure it out....
>
> Thanks!
> Paul

Andrey

* Re: [SPDK] Running bdevio without a conf file
@ 2018-09-03 22:19 Luse, Paul E
From: Luse, Paul E @ 2018-09-03 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

Just got back, see "attached" but nothing attached.  I got the RPC server to start in bdevio by adding the default address to the opts structure however construction of a bdev doesn't seem to be allowed in this state.  If you meant to attach something please fire it over again, otherwise no big deal I'll figure it out....

Thanks!
Paul

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 12:09 AM Luse, Paul E <paul.e.luse(a)intel.com> wrote:

> Thanks!! Yup, that's what I was working on when I took a gym break
> just now :) I thought it would have done with the -w option but had
> never paid attention before.  If you already have something sure push
> a patch or feel free to share in email, I'll be back on it again in 30 min or so....
>
> Attached.

Regards,
Andrey

@ 2018-09-03 21:41 Andrey Kuzmin
From: Andrey Kuzmin @ 2018-09-03 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 12:09 AM Luse, Paul E <paul.e.luse(a)intel.com> wrote:

> Thanks!! Yup, that's what I was working on when I took a gym break just
> now :) I thought it would have done with the -w option but had never paid
> attention before.  If you already have something sure push a patch or feel
> free to share in email, I'll be back on it again in 30 min or so....
>
> Attached.

Regards,
Andrey

@ 2018-09-03 21:09 Luse, Paul E
From: Luse, Paul E @ 2018-09-03 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

Thanks!! Yup, that's what I was working on when I took a gym break just now :) I thought it would have done with the -w option but had never paid attention before.  If you already have something sure push a patch or feel free to share in email, I'll be back on it again in 30 min or so....

Thx
Paul

On a similar occasion, I had found it very helpful (with testing standalone
bdevs) to start RPC server right in the bdevperf. The same should be certainly possible with bdevio; I can push a patch if need be.

HTH,
Andrey

On Mon, Sep 3, 2018, 18:40 Luse, Paul E <paul.e.luse(a)intel.com> wrote:

> Yeah, I'm not getting it.  What I was trying is just:
>
> Window 1:
> sudo ./bdevio --wait-for-rpc
>
> Window 2:
> sudo scripts/rpc.py start_subsystem_init Error while connecting to
> /var/tmp/spdk.sock Error details: [Errno 111] Connection refused
>
> And obviously if that had worked I'd have slipped in my bdev contract
> RPCs before using the start RPC.
>
> Thanks
> Paul

Andrey

* Re: [SPDK] Running bdevio without a conf file
@ 2018-09-03 15:40 Luse, Paul E

@ 2018-09-03 15:36 Luse, Paul E
From: Luse, Paul E @ 2018-09-03 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

@ 2018-09-03 15:34 Harris, James R
From: Harris, James R @ 2018-09-03 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

@ 2018-09-03 15:29 Luse, Paul E
From: Luse, Paul E @ 2018-09-03 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

OK, wait.  I think I see what I'm doing wrong.  Will follow up in a few....

@ 2018-09-03 15:22 Luse, Paul E
From: Luse, Paul E @ 2018-09-03 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk