* [RFC][WIP]{honister] kernel-lab manual
@ 2022-05-12 18:10 Tim Orling
From: Tim Orling @ 2022-05-12 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yocto (yocto@lists.yoctoproject.org)

I have the restructured text conversion far enough along for the
'kernel-lab' to share it now. Because I was last working on this for Yocto
Project Summit 2021.11, the current qemux86 base is on 'honister' (although
I am upgrading it to honister-3.4.4 tag).

Please realize there is a lot of history to this material and some of it
was done by folks that have left this mortal coil and some respect for that
posterity is included in this work. We can change and morph in the future,
once it has been captured close to what it is here.

I also have a separate workflow going for the Yocto Project Summit 2022.05
which is in Google Slides and is qemuarm64 based ('kirkstone'). Eventually
I will find the time to update the kernel-lab manual to follow suit, but
our collective discussion may impact that.

You can take a look at YP Summit 2021.11 to see a preview of what is coming
for YP Summit 2022.05 (once I figure out the pesky printk/pr_info issue):
https://elinux.org/images/b/be/Yps2021.11-handson-kernel.pdf

Current working branch of kernel-lab manual:
https://github.com/moto-timo/yocto-docs/tree/timo/honister/kernel-lab

And the accompanying metadata training materials:
https://github.com/moto-timo/kernel-lab-layers/tree/wip-honister

The intent is that for a given release of the docs, we would have exercises
for  LTS, Stable and Mainline (really this means current-stable, not -dev).
Currently, LTS would be 5.10, Stable would be 5.15 and Mainline would be
5.17.

--Tim