* Recompile the recipe everytime
       [not found] <mailman.11.1371063601.16784.yocto@yoctoproject.org>
@ 2013-06-13 15:24 ` Rohit2 Jindal
From: Rohit2 Jindal @ 2013-06-13 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto, yocto-owner

Gentle reminder!!!

Hi ,

Please help me out I am stuck in some issue, actually I want my recipe to do compilation everytime on every run of

Bitbake linux-yocto

ie can I remove stamping or sstate-cache that it allows me to run compilation everytime on every run of bitbake linux-yocto.

I tried do_compile[nostamp] ="1" but it did not work but same thing worked for do_install[nostamp]="1"

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Rohit Jindal

Please refer to http://www.aricent.com/legal/email_disclaimer.html
for important disclosures regarding this electronic communication.

* Re: Recompile the recipe everytime
@ 2013-06-14 12:30   ` Paul Eggleton
From: Paul Eggleton @ 2013-06-14 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rohit2 Jindal; +Cc: yocto

Hi Rohit,

On Thursday 13 June 2013 20:54:08 Rohit2 Jindal wrote:
> Please help me out I am stuck in some issue, actually I want my recipe to do
> compilation everytime on every run of
>
> Bitbake linux-yocto
>
> ie can I remove stamping or sstate-cache that it allows me to run
> compilation everytime on every run of bitbake linux-yocto.
>

> I tried do_compile[nostamp] ="1" but it did not work but same thing worked
> for do_install[nostamp]="1"

If you really want to do this, I think you'll need to mark all tasks in the
normal flow from do_compile onwards as nostamp i.e.:

do_compile
do_compile_kernelmodules
do_kernel_link_vmlinux
do_install
do_package
do_packagedata
do_package_write
do_package_write_rpm
do_populate_sysroot
do_strip
do_deploy
do_uboot_mkimage
do_sizecheck

I have to say I don't recommend doing this. I would strongly suggest you use
"bitbake -c compile -f linux-yocto" or "bitbake -C compile linux-yocto" (the
latter will force compile and then automatically run all the needed tasks up
to the default task).

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton
Intel Open Source Technology Centre

* Re: Recompile the recipe everytime
@ 2013-06-14 12:35     ` Paul Eggleton
From: Paul Eggleton @ 2013-06-14 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rohit2 Jindal; +Cc: yocto

On Friday 14 June 2013 13:30:20 Paul Eggleton wrote:
> > I tried do_compile[nostamp] ="1" but it did not work but same thing worked
> > for do_install[nostamp]="1"
>
> If you really want to do this, I think you'll need to mark all tasks in the
> normal flow from do_compile onwards as nostamp i.e.:
>
> do_compile
> do_compile_kernelmodules
> do_kernel_link_vmlinux
> do_install
> do_package
> do_packagedata
> do_package_write
> do_package_write_rpm
> do_populate_sysroot
> do_strip
> do_deploy
> do_uboot_mkimage
> do_sizecheck

(BTW - there's no guarantee this list is correct, I just grabbed what I
thought looked appropriate from the -c listtasks list.)

Cheers,
Paul

--

@ 2013-06-14 16:38   ` Richard Purdie
From: Richard Purdie @ 2013-06-14 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rohit2 Jindal; +Cc: yocto, yocto-owner

On Thu, 2013-06-13 at 20:54 +0530, Rohit2 Jindal wrote:
> Please help me out I am stuck in some issue, actually I want my recipe to do compilation everytime on every run of
>
> Bitbake linux-yocto
>
> ie can I remove stamping or sstate-cache that it allows me to run compilation everytime on every run of bitbake linux-yocto.
>

> I tried do_compile[nostamp] ="1" but it did not work but same thing worked for do_install[nostamp]="1"

If you just want to rerun the compilation:

do_compile[nostamp] = "1"

should do what you want, not sure why that wouldn't work.

bitbake linux-yocto -c compile -f

or

bitbake linux-yocto -C compile -f

are also commands which might help.

Cheers,

Richard

* Yocto root permission issue
@ 2013-06-19  9:51     ` Rohit2 Jindal
From: Rohit2 Jindal @ 2013-06-19  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Purdie, yocto, yocto-owner

Hi,

I am facing issue in building sysconfig. Actually i want to compile everything with root permissions in yocto. Is there anything that supports it.

Eg say i have binary called build-ucore with root permission but i am not able to execute this binary using default yocto permissions in do_compile or do_configure
Can i change yocto default permission or run yocto with SU permissions .

Please help me out!

On Thu, 2013-06-13 at 20:54 +0530, Rohit2 Jindal wrote:
> Please help me out I am stuck in some issue, actually I want my recipe to do compilation everytime on every run of
>
> Bitbake linux-yocto
>
> ie can I remove stamping or sstate-cache that it allows me to run compilation everytime on every run of bitbake linux-yocto.
>

> I tried do_compile[nostamp] ="1" but it did not work but same thing worked for do_install[nostamp]="1"

If you just want to rerun the compilation:

do_compile[nostamp] = "1"

should do what you want, not sure why that wouldn't work.

bitbake linux-yocto -c compile -f

or

bitbake linux-yocto -C compile -f

are also commands which might help.

Cheers,

Richard

Please refer to http://www.aricent.com/legal/email_disclaimer.html
for important disclosures regarding this electronic communication.

* Re: Yocto root permission issue
@ 2013-06-19 10:05       ` Paul Barker
From: Paul Barker @ 2013-06-19 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rohit2 Jindal; +Cc: yocto

On 19 June 2013 10:51, Rohit2 Jindal <rohit2.jindal@aricent.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am facing issue in building sysconfig. Actually i want to compile everything with root permissions in yocto. Is there anything that supports it.
>
> Eg say i have binary called build-ucore with root permission but i am not able to execute this binary using default yocto permissions in do_compile or do_configure
> Can i change yocto default permission or run yocto with SU permissions .

What does your binary need root permissions for? The yocto build steps
are executed under pseudo which basically means they're pretending to
be root. Are you sure you need root permissions on the host (not the
target filesystem) to run your binary?

> Please refer to http://www.aricent.com/legal/email_disclaimer.html
> for important disclosures regarding this electronic communication.

May be worth noting that yocto@yoctoproject.org is a public mailing
list with a public archive.

--
Paul Barker