* opkg git and download hosting
@ 2013-10-30 18:47 Paul Barker
From: Paul Barker @ 2013-10-30 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yocto discussion list

Hi all,

I'm looking at moving opkg away from Subversion hosted on Google Code
to Git hosted elsewhere. Google Code is also closing the downloads
service to new files after January so we'll need somewhere else to put
tarballs of opkg releases. It's previously been mentioned that The
Yocto Project may be able to help us with this. I've got a few
questions on how this would work if we can do it. Is there anyone in
particular I need to talk to or should we just discuss this on list?

Paul Barker

Email: paul@paulbarker.me.uk
http://www.paulbarker.me.uk

* Re: opkg git and download hosting
@ 2013-10-31 17:59 ` Trevor Woerner
From: Trevor Woerner @ 2013-10-31 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Barker; +Cc: Yocto discussion list

On 30 October 2013 11:47, Paul Barker <paul@paulbarker.me.uk> wrote:
> I'm looking at moving opkg away from Subversion hosted on Google Code
> to Git hosted elsewhere.

> It's previously been mentioned that The
> Yocto Project may be able to help us with this.

Does opkg (as a project) fall under the Yocto umbrella?

* Re: opkg git and download hosting
@ 2013-10-31 18:19   ` Saul Wold
From: Saul Wold @ 2013-10-31 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Barker; +Cc: Yocto discussion list

On 10/31/2013 10:59 AM, Trevor Woerner wrote:
> On 30 October 2013 11:47, Paul Barker <paul@paulbarker.me.uk> wrote:
>> I'm looking at moving opkg away from Subversion hosted on Google Code
>> to Git hosted elsewhere.
>
>> It's previously been mentioned that The
>> Yocto Project may be able to help us with this.
>
> Does opkg (as a project) fall under the Yocto umbrella?

I don't see why not.

Paul:  Please check with Michael Halstead, I think he might be able to
help answer your direct quesions, other issues can be discussed on the list.

Sau!

* Re: opkg git and download hosting
@ 2013-10-31 19:43     ` Philip Balister
From: Philip Balister @ 2013-10-31 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Saul Wold; +Cc: Yocto discussion list

On 10/31/2013 11:19 AM, Saul Wold wrote:
> On 10/31/2013 10:59 AM, Trevor Woerner wrote:
>> On 30 October 2013 11:47, Paul Barker <paul@paulbarker.me.uk> wrote:
>>> I'm looking at moving opkg away from Subversion hosted on Google Code
>>> to Git hosted elsewhere.
>>
>>> It's previously been mentioned that The
>>> Yocto Project may be able to help us with this.
>>
>> Does opkg (as a project) fall under the Yocto umbrella?

I like the use of the word "umbrella".

Philip