* How to solve the make 3.82 issue at sanity check time?
@ 2013-07-24  7:33 Giuseppe Condorelli
From: Giuseppe Condorelli @ 2013-07-24  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

Hi All,

given that the make v. 3.82 is broken, as the sanity check highlights,
which is the best solution
to allow Fedora users (as I am) to go ahead with the build?
I don't like to avoid sanity checks or to use an older version of
sanity.bbclass.
Please let me know, currently this issue is blocking for me.

Cheers,
Giuseppe

* Re: How to solve the make 3.82 issue at sanity check time?
@ 2013-07-24  7:47 ` Stanacar, StefanX
From: Stanacar, StefanX @ 2013-07-24  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Giuseppe Condorelli; +Cc: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

On Wed, 2013-07-24 at 09:33 +0200, Giuseppe Condorelli wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> given that the make v. 3.82 is broken, as the sanity check highlights,
> which is the best solution
> to allow Fedora users (as I am) to go ahead with the build?
> I don't like to avoid sanity checks or to use an older version of
> sanity.bbclass.
> Please let me know, currently this issue is blocking for me.

Fedora pushed updates for make in F17 & 18 (19 wasn't broken afaik) so
you should just update your system. (yum update make should do the
trick).

Alternatively you can bitbake buildtools-tarball on an working system
(or disable the sanity check before, touch conf/sanity.conf) and install
that on your system (if you are on F16 which isn't updated anymore)

Cheers,
Stefan

@ 2013-07-24  8:47   ` Giuseppe Condorelli
From: Giuseppe Condorelli @ 2013-07-24  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stanacar, StefanX; +Cc: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

Many thanks for the quick reply Stefan,

For completion, I'm working on FC16.
Indeed (before sending the mail) I tried downloading the make rpm for FC17 (
rpmfind.net) and to use it
(accordingly unpackaged under my personal directory, updating the PATH)
with the same failure.
Can this sound strange for you?
As you know, which are the make versions Fedora has released for the
FC17/18?

I think at the moment the build of the buildtools-tarball will be the way
I'll follow, temporary disabling the sanity check.

Cheers,
Giuseppe

@ 2013-07-24  8:55     ` Paul Barker
From: Paul Barker @ 2013-07-24  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Giuseppe Condorelli; +Cc: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

On 24 July 2013 09:47, Giuseppe Condorelli
<giuseppe.condorelli@gmail.com> wrote:
> Many thanks for the quick reply Stefan,
>
> For completion, I'm working on FC16.
> Indeed (before sending the mail) I tried downloading the make rpm for FC17
> (rpmfind.net) and to use it
> (accordingly unpackaged under my personal directory, updating the PATH) with
> the same failure.
> Can this sound strange for you?
> As you know, which are the make versions Fedora has released for the
> FC17/18?
>
> I think at the moment the build of the buildtools-tarball will be the way
> I'll follow, temporary disabling the sanity check.
>
> Cheers,
> Giuseppe

As stated in a previous thread, there's a snapshot of the buildtools
at http://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/pub/nightly/CURRENT/buildtools/
which might work for you. It should install a known good set of tools
including make. This could be a good test for it.

--
Paul Barker

Email: paul@paulbarker.me.uk
http://www.paulbarker.me.uk

* Re: How to solve the make 3.82 issue at sanity check time?
@ 2013-07-24  9:43       ` Giuseppe Condorelli
From: Giuseppe Condorelli @ 2013-07-24  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Barker; +Cc: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

Hi Paul,

I saw it early this morning (reading the previous thread)
but I've not put it in the right attention I think.
Now I've installed the sdk using that script and a run is still ongoing.
I'll let you know.
I ask the same to you: are you sure the FC17 and ahead have solved the make
issue?

Many thanks,
Cheers.
Giuseppe

@ 2013-07-24 10:03         ` Stanacar, StefanX
From: Stanacar, StefanX @ 2013-07-24 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Giuseppe Condorelli; +Cc: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

On Wed, 2013-07-24 at 11:43 +0200, Giuseppe Condorelli wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> I saw it early this morning (reading the previous thread)
> but I've not put it in the right attention I think.
> Now I've installed the sdk using that script and a run is still
> ongoing.
> I'll let you know.
> I ask the same to you: are you sure the FC17 and ahead have solved the
> make issue?

I'm running F19 and didn't ran into any problems.

I also have an F18 machine that works which has
make-3.82-14.fc18.x86_64 (this was the update that fixed the problem,
pushed two weeks ago).

And according to
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2013-11295/make-3.82-14.fc17?_csrf_token=9e2949b0095b56c00b217d0b00e77e28df2bb7ba
and
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/make?_csrf_token=9e2949b0095b56c00b217d0b00e77e28df2bb7ba

the same patch was pushed for F17 make on the same day as F18, so that
should work too.

Cheers,
Stefan

@ 2013-07-25  7:40           ` Giuseppe Condorelli
From: Giuseppe Condorelli @ 2013-07-25  7:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stanacar, StefanX; +Cc: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

Well,
further information for Stefan and Paul.

1) installing the make-3.82-14.fc18.x86_64  the problem disappeared.
Previuosly I downloaded and installed the -9 release and it was not
enough...
2) trying with the script Paul suggested all was built right. I only
catched a warning at the end of the build due to a wrong path that
obviously doesn't exist in my machine.

======================
warning: templates not found
/srv/home/pokybuild/yocto-autobuilder-new/yocto-slave/buildtools/build/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/share/git-core/templates
======================

Thanks all for the support,

@ 2013-07-25  8:11             ` Guo Chunrong-B40290
From: Guo Chunrong-B40290 @ 2013-07-25  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Giuseppe Condorelli, Stanacar, StefanX
  Cc: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

Hello all
The issue also happens in opensuse-12.1.
Thanks,
chunrong

@ 2013-07-25 16:42             ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2013-07-25 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)