* QSPI mode on imx6ull evk
@ 2020-07-22 11:44 Matthias Weißer
From: Matthias Weißer @ 2020-07-22 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi

I currently try to get the QSPI flash on the imx6ull evk working in quad mode.
This attempt fails as when spi_child_post_bind is called there seems to be no
spi child in the udevice (spi at 21e0000) which then leads to
spi_slave_ofdata_to_platdata not called and the according definitions in the
device tree (like spi-rx-bus-width) are not parsed. I am using plain v2020.07
without any modifications on the MCIMX6ULL-EVK.

mx6ull_14x14_evk_defconfig was the config I used.

I tried to CC some of the people involved in the development of the affected
parts of u-boot. Please correct me if I am wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Matthias

* QSPI mode on imx6ull evk
@ 2020-07-22 12:39 ` Peng Fan
From: Peng Fan @ 2020-07-22 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

> Subject: QSPI mode on imx6ull evk
>
> Hi
>
> I currently try to get the QSPI flash on the imx6ull evk working in quad mode.
> This attempt fails as when spi_child_post_bind is called there seems to be no
> spi child in the udevice (spi at 21e0000) which then leads to
> spi_slave_ofdata_to_platdata not called and the according definitions in the
> device tree (like spi-rx-bus-width) are not parsed. I am using plain v2020.07
> without any modifications on the MCIMX6ULL-EVK.

Any device tree changes to make it work?

Regards,
Peng.

> mx6ull_14x14_evk_defconfig was the config I used.
>
> I tried to CC some of the people involved in the development of the affected
> parts of u-boot. Please correct me if I am wrong. Any help would be
> appreciated.
>

> Regards
>
> Matthias

* QSPI mode on imx6ull evk
@ 2020-07-22 13:30   ` Matthias Weißer
From: Matthias Weißer @ 2020-07-22 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Am Mi., 22. Juli 2020 um 14:39 Uhr schrieb Peng Fan <peng.fan@nxp.com>:

> > Subject: QSPI mode on imx6ull evk
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I currently try to get the QSPI flash on the imx6ull evk working in quad mode.
> > This attempt fails as when spi_child_post_bind is called there seems to be no
> > spi child in the udevice (spi at 21e0000) which then leads to
> > spi_slave_ofdata_to_platdata not called and the according definitions in the
> > device tree (like spi-rx-bus-width) are not parsed. I am using plain v2020.07
> > without any modifications on the MCIMX6ULL-EVK.
>
> Any device tree changes to make it work?

I have no idea what to change in the DT to make it work. I found some hints to
create an alias in the DT but everything i tried didn't help.

The qspi node in arch/arm/dts/imx6ul-14x14-evk.dtsi contains an entry for the
flash but it doesn't show up as child in spi_child_post_bind. Maybe its just
the wrong compatible string but I am clueless.

Regards

Matthias