* dosemu
@ 2015-01-26 14:42 Амосов Алексей
       [not found] ` <CAO8i5OKBejgKvgaDoRtvYNZ3Sv5ZDSWqX-dq6zDx8m6v2+Rggg@mail.gmail.com>
From: Амосов Алексей @ 2015-01-26 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

Hello! Please prompt, whether it is possible to start the emulator in the background that it didn't show a window. It strongly slows down performance of a task. Thanks!

--š
Amosov Aleksey

* Re: dosemu
@ 2015-01-27  6:05 ` solarflow99
       [not found] ` <CAO8i5OKBejgKvgaDoRtvYNZ3Sv5ZDSWqX-dq6zDx8m6v2+Rggg@mail.gmail.com>
From: solarflow99 @ 2015-01-27  6:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Амосов
	Алексей
  Cc: FreeDOS

you mean like having dosemu listed in the xwindows menu?  I never
heard that opening a xterm and running dosemu that way would slow it
down at all.

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 6:42 AM, Амосов Алексей <aleamosov@yandex.ru> wrote:
> Hello! Please prompt, whether it is possible to start the emulator in the background that it didn't show a window. It strongly slows down performance of a task. Thanks!
>
> --
> Amosov Aleksey

* Re: dosemu
@ 2015-01-27  7:44   ` KEA
From: KEA @ 2015-01-27  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

Or do you want to use dosemu for batch processing of dos commands?

> you mean like having dosemu listed in the xwindows menu?  I never
> heard that opening a xterm and running dosemu that way would slow it
> down at all.
>
>> Hello! Please prompt, whether it is possible to start the emulator
>> in the background that it didn't show a window. It strongly slows
>> down performance of a task. Thanks!

--

Üdvrivalgással:
KEA.

* Re: dosemu
       [not found] ` <CAO8i5OKBejgKvgaDoRtvYNZ3Sv5ZDSWqX-dq6zDx8m6v2+Rggg@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2015-01-27 10:56   ` Амосов Алексей
From: Амосов Алексей @ 2015-01-27 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: solarflow99; +Cc: FreeDOS

it is required to launch the dos -program some tens times. And that time when appears the dosemu window it turns out is very great.

27.01.2015, 09:04, "solarflow99" <solarflow99@gmail.com>:
> you mean like having dosemu listed in the xwindows menu?  I never heard that opening a xterm and running dosemu that way would slow it down at all.
>
> On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 6:42 AM, Амосов Алексей <aleamosov@yandex.ru> wrote:
>> Hello! Please prompt, whether it is possible to start the emulator in the background that it didn't show a window. It strongly slows down performance of a task. Thanks!
>>
>> --
>> Amosov Aleksey
>> --

С уважением,
 Амосов Алексей

* Re: dosemu
@ 2015-01-29  8:29     ` solarflow99
From: solarflow99 @ 2015-01-29  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Амосов
	Алексей
  Cc: FreeDOS

well, I have it listed under system tools, that way no need to open a
xterm to run it.  I'm sure you could create a script that starts
dosemu 20 times in the background.  Just put dosemu -s & in a for
loop.

hope that helps..

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 2:56 AM, Амосов Алексей <aleamosov@yandex.ru> wrote:
> it is required to launch the dos -program some tens times. And that time when appears the dosemu window it turns out is very great.
>
> 27.01.2015, 09:04, "solarflow99" <solarflow99@gmail.com>:
>> you mean like having dosemu listed in the xwindows menu?  I never heard that opening a xterm and running dosemu that way would slow it down at all.
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 6:42 AM, Амосов Алексей <aleamosov@yandex.ru> wrote:
>>> Hello! Please prompt, whether it is possible to start the emulator in the background that it didn't show a window. It strongly slows down performance of a task. Thanks!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Amosov Aleksey
>>> --

> С уважением,
>  Амосов Алексей

* Re: dosemu
@ 2016-01-31  2:17 ` Stas Sergeev
From: Stas Sergeev @ 2016-01-31  2:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luca Rossi, linux-msdos

31.01.2016 03:16, Luca Rossi пишет:
> hi, i'm Alex from sicily
> i've found this interesting program for linux and apparently it's
> capable of running my beloved videogame (carmageddon 1) on native HW,
> i'd like to ask you if there is a simple solution for having an USB
> drive with linux and dosemu, the actual question is... what linux
> distro is best just for this pourpose?
dosemu needs a recent enough kernel (something like >= 4.1),
SDL2, not-so-recent fluidsynth (not from git) and ladspa (optional).
With these it will provide quite good sound/video capabilities.
See dosemu2.spec.in for a more complete list of dependencies.
Then you can check those with any distro you have.

>   i've tried dosbox on windows
> and it goes slow even on my "rig", with knoppix 7.4.2 it works, but no
> sound (not with 7.6.1), even on a 2003 (A.C.) machine :)
dosbox has a good sound support too.
It is likely your fault that it doesn't work for you.
dosemu2 has the slightly more advanced sound stack (with microphone
support) but dosbox emulates more sound cards (dosemu2 is limited
to sb16).

* dosemu
@ 2016-01-31  0:16 Luca Rossi
From: Luca Rossi @ 2016-01-31  0:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

hi, i'm Alex from sicily
i've found this interesting program for linux and apparently it's
capable of running my beloved videogame (carmageddon 1) on native HW,
i'd like to ask you if there is a simple solution for having an USB
drive with linux and dosemu, the actual question is... what linux
distro is best just for this pourpose? i've tried dosbox on windows
and it goes slow even on my "rig", with knoppix 7.4.2 it works, but no
sound (not with 7.6.1), even on a 2003 (A.C.) machine :)

i know nothing about linux... (but i know DOS) a super slim\quick
tutorial will be greatly appreciated

humongous thanks in advance... Alex

* dosemu
@ 2011-11-05 14:27 Walter Carrozzi Carriquiry
From: Walter Carrozzi Carriquiry @ 2011-11-05 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

Thanks for such a beautiful emulator, friends. I'm starting using
Ubuntu Studio and delighted with its implementation. Best regards
from the central mountains of Chile.

* Dosemu
@ 2011-03-31  3:33 Adriano Silva
From: Adriano Silva @ 2011-03-31  3:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

Dosemu,

 Will you be able to look at your own life, when you're old and retired. and say "Damn, I lived a good life"? Cut to the chase, you're slacking. Let me help you succeed. I can get you there by next tuesday All success took me was two weeks of hard work, I can make it shorter than that for you. Diamonds start off as coal. But even coal has its uses. Use yours. http://x.co/UG8z Start being addicted to this universal feeling called life. be successful. Be everything imaginable.

* Re: Dosemu
@ 2011-03-10 13:57         ` Florian Xaver
From: Florian Xaver @ 2011-03-10 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ing. Eric Ch. Day Doucette; +Cc: Frank Cox, linux-msdos, Alejandro Mery

I have the same problem...

On Wed Mar  9 16:09:07 2011, Ing. Eric Ch. Day Doucette wrote:
> mmm....feeling like a rookie here...how do I do this on Mac OS 10.6?
>
> Can't find or tell ...
>
> Ing. Eric Ch. Day Doucette
> eric-day@sandibooks.com
> Sandi SA
> RFC SAN-700627-KY5
> +52 (33) 3121-0863
> Cel. (33) 3809-3287
> Tepeyac 718 Col Chapalita
> Zapopan, Jalisco
> Mexico
> www.sandibooks.com
>
> On Mar 9, 2011, at 8:51 AM, Alejandro Mery wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 15:49, Ing. Eric Ch. Day Doucette
>> <eric-day@sandibooks.com>  wrote:
>>> Frank,
>>>
>>> Probably a stupid question: How do I find out what version of glibc is in my machine?
>>
>> Ask your package manager.

* Re: Dosemu
@ 2011-03-09 15:09       ` Ing. Eric Ch. Day Doucette
From: Ing. Eric Ch. Day Doucette @ 2011-03-09 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alejandro Mery; +Cc: Frank Cox, linux-msdos

mmm....feeling like a rookie here...how do I do this on Mac OS 10.6?

Can't find or tell ...

Ing. Eric Ch. Day Doucette
eric-day@sandibooks.com
Sandi SA
RFC SAN-700627-KY5
+52 (33) 3121-0863
Cel. (33) 3809-3287
Tepeyac 718 Col Chapalita
Zapopan, Jalisco
Mexico
www.sandibooks.com

On Mar 9, 2011, at 8:51 AM, Alejandro Mery wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 15:49, Ing. Eric Ch. Day Doucette
> <eric-day@sandibooks.com> wrote:
>> Frank,
>>
>> Probably a stupid question: How do I find out what version of glibc is in my machine?
>
> Ask your package manager.

* Re: Dosemu
@ 2011-03-09 14:51     ` Alejandro Mery
From: Alejandro Mery @ 2011-03-09 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ing. Eric Ch. Day Doucette; +Cc: Frank Cox, linux-msdos

@ 2011-03-09 14:49   ` Ing. Eric Ch. Day Doucette
From: Ing. Eric Ch. Day Doucette @ 2011-03-09 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Cox; +Cc: linux-msdos

On Mar 8, 2011, at 10:56 PM, Frank Cox wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Mar 2011 18:19:10 -0600
> Ing. Eric Ch. Day Doucette wrote:
>
>> configure: error: Sorry, you need glibc-2.1.3 or newer.
>
> What version of glibc do you have installed?
>
> --
> MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Melville Sask ~ www.melvilletheatre.com
> www.creekfm.com - FIFTY THOUSAND WATTS of POW WOW POWER!

* Re: Dosemu
@ 2011-03-09  4:56 ` Frank Cox
From: Frank Cox @ 2011-03-09  4:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ing. Eric Ch. Day Doucette; +Cc: linux-msdos

On Tue, 8 Mar 2011 18:19:10 -0600

@ 2011-03-09  0:19 Ing. Eric Ch. Day Doucette
From: Ing. Eric Ch. Day Doucette @ 2011-03-09  0:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

Dear Bart Oldeman,

You may have already received this type of request, so I hope I'm not bothering you.

Can you help me install dosemu on a Mac OS X 10.6?
i've downloaded the last version 1.4.0 and this is what I get when I try to install it (doing make):
(just copying the last lines)

	checking for gcc-2.95 or newer ...... yes, using -fno-strict-aliasing to work around bugs
	checking for glibc...... <stdin>:1:22: error: features.h: No such file or directory
	configure: error: Sorry, you need glibc-2.1.3 or newer.
	make: *** No rule to make target `config.status', needed by `default'.  Stop.

Any ideas? Thanks for you help.

By the way, we have used dosemu for almost 10 years now.
First under Linux Mandrake, then Madriva, then Ubuntu, and hopefully now in Mac OS !!

Best Regards,
Eric Day

Ing. Eric Ch. Day Doucette
eric-day@sandibooks.com
Sandi SA
RFC SAN-700627-KY5
+52 (33) 3121-0863
Cel. (33) 3809-3287
Tepeyac 718 Col Chapalita
Zapopan, Jalisco
Mexico
www.sandibooks.com

* dosemu
@ 2010-07-20  8:26 ellanios82
From: ellanios82 @ 2010-07-20  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

 Dear dosemu

 - first, thank you for a VERY useful program, which i use every day for running
Metastock charts {for blood-pressure and blood-glucose records}.

openSuSE Linux has released version 11.3 : the rpm with this release, is called :

 dosemu-1.4.0.1-67.2.i586

 just so you know : under openSuSE 11.3 Dosemu with Metastock charts omits a 'beep'
sound with every keyboard stroke.

best regards
 Ellan
 [ in Greece]

* Re: DOSEMU
@ 2008-09-01 12:48   ` Ken Heard
From: Ken Heard @ 2008-09-01 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

Two other options:

1. Put a symbolic link in /usr/sbin/dosemu/bin/dosemu to wherever
dosemu.bin is located.

2. Start dosemu directly by invoking dosemu.bin, wherever it is located,
and bypass completely the dosemu shell file.

I am using the latter, which is much simpler; as by way of setup only
requires two symbolic links in $HOME/.dosemu/drives, named c and d. C
links to where all dos and dos application files are located, in my
case, /usr/local/dosemu. For that directory and everything in it the
group owner is set to the default user group, and the user owner is set
to one member of that group.  All permissions for that directory and
everything inside it are set to rwx for user and group.  D is set to the
location of the document files of the user, for my system set for each
user to $HOME/docs.  By the way, I am using the binary version of dosemu
 1.4.0.

Ken Heard

Ivan Baldo wrote:
>  Hello.
> You execute ./dosemu from what directory?
> That DOSEmu was downloaded from the DOSEmu site or came with the
> distribution?
> As it says, it cant find the dosemu.bin binary executable file, it tries
> to find it in /usr/sbin/dosemu/bin/dosemu.bin which is a weird location
> for it.
> If you want to put dosemu on the path, then please create a simple shell
> script in /usr/sbin/dosemu that cd's to the dosemu directory and calls
> the dosemu script there.
> Hope this helps.
> Bye.
>

> El 28/08/08 06:28, Bart Otten escribió:
>> Hello,
>>
>> First i want to say, i like the program, But is have a problem.
>>
>> When im running dosemu on my slackware machine, there are no problems.
>> But when im trying it to run it of a floppybased linux, i get the this
>> error:
>>
>>  ./dosemu: exec: line 405: /usr/sbin/dosemu/freedos/ ../bin/dosemu.bin
>> not found.
>>
>> Could u please help me.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Bart
>> --

* Re: DOSEMU
@ 2008-08-28 13:46 ` Ivan Baldo
From: Ivan Baldo @ 2008-08-28 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Otten; +Cc: linux-msdos

  Hello.
You execute ./dosemu from what directory?
That DOSEmu was downloaded from the DOSEmu site or came with the
distribution?
As it says, it cant find the dosemu.bin binary executable file, it tries
to find it in /usr/sbin/dosemu/bin/dosemu.bin which is a weird location
for it.
If you want to put dosemu on the path, then please create a simple shell
script in /usr/sbin/dosemu that cd's to the dosemu directory and calls
the dosemu script there.
Hope this helps.
Bye.

El 28/08/08 06:28, Bart Otten escribió:
> Hello,
>
> First i want to say, i like the program,
> But is have a problem.
>
> When im running dosemu on my slackware machine, there are no problems.
> But when im trying it to run it of a floppybased linux, i get the this error:
>
>  ./dosemu: exec: line 405: /usr/sbin/dosemu/freedos/ ../bin/dosemu.bin not
> found.
>
> Could u please help me.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Bart

Ivan Baldo - ibaldo@adinet.com.uy - http://ibaldo.codigolibre.net/
From Montevideo, Uruguay, at the south of South America.
Freelance programmer and GNU/Linux system administrator, hire me!
Alternatives: ibaldo@codigolibre.net - http://go.to/ibaldo

* DOSEMU
@ 2008-08-28  9:28 Bart Otten
From: Bart Otten @ 2008-08-28  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

@ 2008-04-28 10:27 Serge
From: Serge @ 2008-04-28 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

Hello,

The last version of Dosemu d'not work with the last OS 8.04 from Ubuntu,
but very well on the previous version 7.10 ???

What is the problem ? and hoe to resolve this mistake

Thank's for your help

Best regards

Serge Mayné

* DosEmu
@ 2007-05-13 23:37 prg04
From: prg04 @ 2007-05-13 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

Good Day!
I use FreeBSD 6.2 and I want use DOSEMU. Can I do this? If its possible,
how do it?
Thanks!

* Re: dosemu
@ 2006-07-24  8:32   ` Clarence Dang
From: Clarence Dang @ 2006-07-24  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Clarence Dang, jacob salama; +Cc: linux-msdos

--- Clarence Dang <clarencedang@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- jacob salama <asalama@netvision.net.il> wrote:
>
> > I need to install X development libraries and I do not know which packages
>
> xorg-x11-devel for Fedora

I forgot to mention that the system-config-packages program is hopeless.
Instead, find that RPM on a CD and install it using "rpm -ivh xorg-x11-devel-<version>.rpm".

* Re: dosemu
       [not found] <44C3639F.10504@netvision.net.il>
@ 2006-07-24  8:31 ` Clarence Dang
From: Clarence Dang @ 2006-07-24  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jacob salama; +Cc: linux-msdos

@ 2006-07-23  8:23 ` Clarence Dang
From: Clarence Dang @ 2006-07-23  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jacob; +Cc: linux-msdos

On Sunday 23 July 2006 03:47, jacob wrote:
> I have on my machine an up to date fedora core5 running and been trying
> to install dosemu 1.2.2 or 1.3.3 but I get error message in
> compilation ./configure phase saying "no acceptable cc found in $PATH"
> in 1.2.2 version and "no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH" in 1.3.3
> version.
> Any idea why?

What does the command "which gcc" report?

Are you using a 64-bit system?

You can also look at config.log to get some clues.

* dosemu
@ 2006-07-22 17:47 jacob
From: jacob @ 2006-07-22 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

Hello

I have on my machine an up to date fedora core5 running and been trying
to install dosemu 1.2.2 or 1.3.3 but I get error message in
compilation ./configure phase saying "no acceptable cc found in $PATH"
in 1.2.2 version and "no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH" in 1.3.3
version.
Any idea why?

Jacob Salama

* Re: dosemu
@ 2005-12-31 21:43 ` Keir Fraser
From: Keir Fraser @ 2005-12-31 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Harper; +Cc: xen-devel

On 31 Dec 2005, at 21:28, James Harper wrote:

> Dosemu crashes when I try to run it in a xen domain... is this to be
> expected?

I'm not sure if anyone's tried that before. It could be that vm86
support is broken.

  -- Keir

* RE: dosemu
@ 2005-12-31 21:40 Ian Pratt
From: Ian Pratt @ 2005-12-31 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Harper, xen-devel

> Dosemu crashes when I try to run it in a xen domain... is
> this to be expected?

Depends how it works, but I'd imagine it uses vm86 mode, which is
supposed to work OK (at least it works well enough to get X working in
VESA mode).

Perhaps strace it and see where it blows up. Any messages from xen (with
a debug=y build) or on the domain console?

Ian

* dosemu
@ 2005-12-31 21:28 James Harper
From: James Harper @ 2005-12-31 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel

Dosemu crashes when I try to run it in a xen domain... is this to be
expected?

James

* DOSEMU
@ 2005-11-12  8:09 Ralf Feldhoff
From: Ralf Feldhoff @ 2005-11-12  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

Sorry, my T-Online provider suspects a virus because of a HTML subpart.

So I must define my question NOW from GMX to get your answer.

Hello experts,

-------------
RFBASE-QL 4.1
A Key-Database for DOS / WIN98. No Stress No Books No Data-waste.
Easy Search (Intro-Key or/and/not second description)
Group-Analyzer and 3D-graphics optional.
(8 Files = only 400 KB unpacked)
-------------

Only one example of my systems

   BUT this example I want to run under DOSEMU and I
   don't know the attributes of it
   and if there is network-support
   and which LINUX includes DOSEMU
   and ... ?

   who can help me ?

Thanks
Ralf Feldhoff

FREEWARE from Germany via eMail
eMail : chieffeld@t-online.de

--
Highspeed-Freiheit. Bei GMX supergünstig, z.B. GMX DSL_Cityflat,
DSL-Flatrate für nur 4,99 Euro/Monat*  http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

* Re: dosemu
@ 2005-09-11 13:42 Stas Sergeev
From: Stas Sergeev @ 2005-09-11 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

Hello.

Clarence Dang wrote:
>> exitemu, so a linux process could evaluate succes or failure of the
>> dos program execution.
> Difficult.
Well, but it is not like checking the
presence of the binary by the DOS path
which we considered difficult. Checking
the exit status might be possible by,
for example, calling the int21/ah=4dh
in bios.S. The hook is being installed in
load_and_run_DOS_program(). Right now it
uses the 0f000h:0fff0h, which just terminates,
but it can easily be changed. The question
is only: do we really need that? Since you
are at it right now, you can include that
in your patch as well (ok ok, I'll look
into your patch finally right now or soon:)

* Re: dosemu
@ 2005-09-05  4:52 ` Justin Zygmont
From: Justin Zygmont @ 2005-09-05  4:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edward Jones; +Cc: linux-msdos

Just try the newest version of doesmu, if it still doesn;t work then post
the last part of the error message with your system information.

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005, Edward Jones wrote:

> When I do make install of dosemu 1.2.2 , I get errors.
>
> Please tell me how to install dosemu.
>
> Edward Jones.
>
> -
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-msdos" in

* dosemu
@ 2005-09-05  2:55 Edward Jones
From: Edward Jones @ 2005-09-05  2:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

@ 2005-09-04  2:51   ` Clarence Dang
From: Clarence Dang @ 2005-09-04  2:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrzej Kaczmarczyk; +Cc: linux-msdos

On Friday 02 September 2005 20:51, Andrzej Kaczmarczyk wrote:
> try this:
> dosemu -E "programname.bat"
>
> mind that you must have that file accessible so either put into your root
> directory on "c:"
> or add a valid path into the autoexec.bat
>
> secondary add into your bat the exitemu line like this:
> cd programdir
> programname.exe
> exitemu
>
> that way you'll exite dosemu rightafter execution and you won't have to
> kill it

Alternatively, put "unix -e" at the end of your autoexec.bat  Then you can
just type:

  dosemu "programdir\programname.exe"

It even handles Linux paths.  "dosemu -E" is the same but doesn't exit
afterwards.

> what WOULD be nice (Stas do you hear me?) would be to add parameters to
> exitemu, so a linux process could evaluate succes or failure of the dos
> program execution.

Difficult.

* Re: dosemu
@ 2005-09-02 10:51 ` Andrzej Kaczmarczyk
From: Andrzej Kaczmarczyk @ 2005-09-02 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

Hi,
i'd like to start a dos programm made by myself under suse linux 8.0.
how can i start this programm by a cron job? like: dosemu -run
/.../programname.exe ?
it doesn't work! or is dosemu run permanently. i like to start different
programms at different times. the programms runs under dosemu ...i tested
it.
----
try this:
dosemu -E "programname.bat"

mind that you must have that file accessible so either put into your root
directory on "c:"
or add a valid path into the autoexec.bat

secondary add into your bat the exitemu line like this:
cd programdir
programname.exe
exitemu

that way you'll exite dosemu rightafter execution and you won't have to kill
it

what WOULD be nice (Stas do you hear me?) would be to add parameters to
exitemu, so a linux process could evaluate succes or failure of the dos
program execution.

----
thanks for you help!
----
np

----
Karsten Barrein
----

CUIN Kaczy

* Re: dosemu
@ 2005-08-31 22:17 ` Bart Oldeman
From: Bart Oldeman @ 2005-08-31 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Barrein, Karsten (Autostadt); +Cc: linux-msdos

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005, Barrein, Karsten (Autostadt) wrote:

> i'd like to start a dos programm made by myself under suse linux 8.0.
> how can i start this programm by a cron job? like: dosemu -run
> /.../programname.exe ?

You'll have to use '-dumb' to force a dumb terminal, and perhaps also set
TERM=none. It's a bit like the "dosemu -dumb dir > listing" example in the
manual page.

Bart

* Re: dosemu
@ 2005-08-31 22:14 ` Justin Zygmont
From: Justin Zygmont @ 2005-08-31 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Barrein, Karsten (Autostadt); +Cc: linux-msdos

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005, Barrein, Karsten (Autostadt) wrote:

> Hi,
> i'd like to start a dos programm made by myself under suse linux 8.0.
> how can i start this programm by a cron job? like: dosemu -run
> /.../programname.exe ?
> it doesn't work! or is dosemu run permanently. i like to start different
> programms at different times. the programms runs under dosemu ...i tested
> it.

to start dosemu, you could just setup the proper commands in the
autoexec.bat so it starts the program when it runs.

* dosemu
@ 2005-08-31 11:49 Barrein, Karsten (Autostadt)
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Barrein, Karsten (Autostadt) @ 2005-08-31 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

Hi,
i'd like to start a dos programm made by myself under suse linux 8.0.
how can i start this programm by a cron job? like: dosemu -run
/.../programname.exe ?
it doesn't work! or is dosemu run permanently. i like to start different
programms at different times. the programms runs under dosemu ...i tested
it.

thanks for you help!

Karsten Barrein
Systemorganisation
IS / ITK Konvergenzmanagement
Business- und Besuchersysteme

Autostadt GmbH
Stadtbrücke
38440 Wolfsburg

Tel.: +49 (0)5361 40- 1716
Fax: +49 (0)5361 40- 1309
Mobil: 01752618374
Karsten.Barrein@autostadt.de
www.autostadt.de

-

* dosemu
@ 2004-12-24  7:13 Handoko
From: Handoko @ 2004-12-24  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

hello

i am using dosemu version 1.2.1, really god stuff
one question, is it possible that dosemu running
clipper program ?

cause i using dosemu but it give error " no DC.SDF "
i already mount my novell

please your help

sorry, my english not to good

Handoko

http://my.yahoo.com

* Re: Dosemu
@ 2004-03-18 23:47 ` Bart Oldeman
From: Bart Oldeman @ 2004-03-18 23:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Fordham; +Cc: linux-msdos

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, John Fordham wrote:

> I'm hoping that you can provide me with a little advice.
>
> I have installed DOSEMU on my Linux PC. What I would like to do is run
>
> djgpp
>
> within the Dosemu environment. The djgpp website implies that there are no
> problems associated. I have downloaded and installed djgpp. However, it
> appears that I need a c:\dos directory in Dosemu for it to run but I do
> not have this. Can you suggest a way for installing ?

it should just run without a c:\dos directory.

You can unzip32 the zipfiles under c:\ (copy them and
unzip32.exe to $HOME/dosemu/freedos), then don't forget
set DJGPP=c:\djgpp\djgpp.env
(in autoexec.bat would be convenient)

Using Linux unzip to unzip the DJGPP zipfiles might give you problems with
LFNs (#include <strstream.h> in particular for C++ can be problematic
then). Best to "unzip32" them inside dosemu.

Bart

* Dosemu
@ 2004-03-18 15:03 John Fordham
From: John Fordham @ 2004-03-18 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

Hi,
I'm hoping that you can provide me with a little advice.

I have installed DOSEMU on my Linux PC. What I would like to do is run

djgpp

within the Dosemu environment. The djgpp website implies that there are no
problems associated. I have downloaded and installed djgpp. However, it
appears that I need a c:\dos directory in Dosemu for it to run but I do
not have this. Can you suggest a way for installing ?

Many thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

Regards
John Fordham

John Fordham                                 Phone: +44 (0)20 7679 3433
Principal Research Fellow                    FAX:   +44 (0)20 7679 7145
Dept. of Physics & Astronomy
University College London
Gower Street
London WC1E 6BT

* DOSEMU
@ 2003-07-15  8:06 Eko Budiharto
From: Eko Budiharto @ 2003-07-15  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

Hi,
I am trying to print using dosemu, but there is no respond at all. Do I
need to do something in order to print under Dosemu?
I am looking forward to a favorable reply from you. Thank you.

Regards,
Eko

* Dosemu
@ 2003-05-15 19:24 THOMSEN,ROD (HP-Boise,ex1)
From: THOMSEN,ROD (HP-Boise,ex1) @ 2003-05-15 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'linux-msdos@vger.kernel.org'

Hi,
  I'm trying to run a DOS program with a security key attached to the
parallel port.  Dosemu apparently needs to be setup differently to allow the
program to access the port. Does anybody out there know how to do this?

These are the packages I've installed on top of Red Hat 9.0

dosemu-1.0.2.tgz
dosemu-freedos-b8p-bin.tgz

Thanks Rod Thomsen

* Re: Dosemu
@ 2003-02-27 13:34 ` Ryan Underwood
From: Ryan Underwood @ 2003-02-27 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: PeDj; +Cc: linux-msdos

hi,

>     I have problem while running clipper apps in dosemu 1.0.2. When a
> program tries to accsess database, which is alredy running with another
> program, I get Dos error 5.

I would download and compile the 1.1.4 testing release and see if it solves
your problems.  Many things about sharing have been changed since the 1.0.2
release, which doesn't really work well in a lot of programs that need proper
locking support.  Also some changes were made in recent patches, so you might
also patch up to 1.1.4.13 if 1.1.4 still does not work.

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis at icequake.net>, icq=10317253

* Re: Dosemu
@ 2003-02-27 13:32 ` Ryan Underwood
From: Ryan Underwood @ 2003-02-27 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: PeDj@; +Cc: linux-msdos

@ 2003-02-27  9:42 PeDj@
From: PeDj@ @ 2003-02-27  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dosemu

Hi,
    I have problem while running clipper apps in dosemu 1.0.2. When a
program tries to accsess database, which is alredy running with another
program, I get Dos error 5.
Question: How could I implement file-sharing (share.exe) in dosemu so both
programs could work with the same database in the same time.

I downloaded dosemi in bin format.
Is there another way to solve this problem?

Sincerely,
Predrag Mirkovic

* Re: dosemu
@ 2002-10-02 10:09 ` Reinhard Karcher
From: Reinhard Karcher @ 2002-10-02 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 01:47:05PM +0400, ??????? ?????? wrote
> 1. Where I can find additional MS-DOS modules such as share.exe etc.

In that place where you found your DOS

> 2. Is it possible to view cyrillic characters in the text screen. I use special cyrillic drivers (keyrus) which work well in native MS-DOS. But in dosemu I use cyrillic characters only in graphical mode.

If your graphic card is supported by dosemu then on a linux console where
1. dosemu is suid root (beware of security risks!)
2. $_console = (1)  and $_graphics = (1) in dosemu.conf
3. use display.sys in config.sys (dosn't work in freedos)
4. use mode con codepage prepare in autoexec.bat

3 + 4 is exactly the same you have to do in native dos for the display of
cyrillic characters.

I can use the IBM APL-characterset with this settings.

Reinhard

* dosemu
@ 2002-10-02  9:47 Дмитрий Зайцев
From: Дмитрий Зайцев @ 2002-10-02  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

@ 2002-09-14  0:14 ` Oscar A. Valdez
From: Oscar A. Valdez @ 2002-09-14  0:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pliss, Jim; +Cc: 'linux-msdos@vger.kernel.org'

Jim:

Which version did you download? Was it in the form of two tar'd
binaries?

--
Oscar A. Valdez
Gerente de Finanzas y Administración

-

* dosemu
@ 2002-09-13 20:51 Pliss, Jim
From: Pliss, Jim @ 2002-09-13 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'linux-msdos@vger.kernel.org'

Hello,
	I am new to linux so will have to excuse me if this sounds like a
dumb issue. I have redhat 7.3 and am using the KDE in xwindow. I am trying
to install the dosemu but keep getting an unknown host. What am I doing
wrong. I downloaded and extracted but so far cannot get it to run.

	Thank You

	Jim Pliss
	IT Manager
	PerkinElmer Life Sciences (Akron)
	3985 Eastern Road
	Norton, OH  44203
	330-825-4525 x183
	Fax # 330-825-8520
	jim.pliss@perkinelmer.com
	www.perkinelmer.com/lifesciences

 <<Pliss, Jim.vcf>>

[-- Attachment #2: Pliss, Jim.vcf --]

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Pliss;Jim
FN:Pliss, Jim
ORG:PerkinElmer Life Sciences;Information Technology
TITLE:IT Manager
NOTE:
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(330) 825-4525 x183
TEL;WORK;VOICE:
TEL;HOME;VOICE:
TEL;CELL;VOICE:330 256-5565
TEL;PAGER;VOICE:
TEL;HOME:
ADR;WORK:; ;3985 Eastern Rd;Akron;OH;44203;USA
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE: =0D=0A3985 Eastern Rd=0D=0AAkron, OH 44203=0D=0AUSA
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:Jim.Pliss@perkinelmer.com
REV:20011010T132118Z
END:VCARD

* dosemu
@ 2002-08-09  5:55 gex - Gregor HOLZER
From: gex - Gregor HOLZER @ 2002-08-09  5:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

Hi!

I would like to use dosemu and the F9 and F10 key. But I get only a
BEEP.

Im running Redhat 7.3 and dosemu-1.0.1-10.i386.rpm in a console.
everything works fine but only the F9 and F10 what I relay need don't
work.

Please Help me.

Bye

gex

* Re: Dosemu
@ 2002-08-05 12:31   ` J.Strohschnitter
From: J.Strohschnitter @ 2002-08-05 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: J.Strohschnitter

Hi there,

> > ERROR: gettype: no disk 0
> > Running unpriviledged in low feature mode
>
> The 1st one 1 don't know, but it doesn't harm.

Allright. Thanxxx ...

--

SET THE CONTROLS
	FOR THE HEART OF THE SUN

Jens

* Dosemu
@ 2002-08-05 12:16 ` Reinhard Karcher
From: Reinhard Karcher @ 2002-08-05 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: J.Strohschnitter

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 01:45:47PM +0200, J.Strohschnitter wrote
> I've got two errors while running the dosemu as other user than ROOT.
> My dosemu.users is set to easy security.
>
> So what does these messages mean ?
>
> ERROR: gettype: no disk 0
> Running unpriviledged in low feature mode

The 1st one 1 don't know, but it doesn't harm.
The 2nd one is not an error, just an information. DOSEMU is not root,
and there are some operations, which can't be performed (IPX e.g.).

Reinhard

* Dosemu
@ 2002-08-05 11:45 J.Strohschnitter
From: J.Strohschnitter @ 2002-08-05 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

Hi there,

I've got two errors while running the dosemu as other user than ROOT.
My dosemu.users is set to easy security.

So what does these messages mean ?

ERROR: gettype: no disk 0
Running unpriviledged in low feature mode

Thanxx for a reply ...

--

SET THE CONTROLS
	FOR THE HEART OF THE SUN

Jens

* DOSEMU
@ 2002-06-03 18:29 Harald Gregor
From: Harald Gregor @ 2002-06-03 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

Hallo, I wish a good day.

A problem I have. The figure "/" by linux mean an other directory. For
DOS this is a switch. Now, I have the problem, that I not can running a
DOS-program that need this switch. I need to start the mikrosoft-program
BASIC-PDS with the options /qbx.qlb - but not go.
The next questions what I have. How I can see only directories?. Running
DOS that is DIR/W *., and than I see ohnly Files without suffix. The
linux order ls have this not. For big directories this is importen,
becours I can't stopp the output for the konsole.
If You answer me, please write a simple english. I have not learnt
 verry much english.

A many thanks and all the best

Yamatut (Harald Gregor)