* new repo request
@ 2019-03-04 18:12 Patrick Venture
From: Patrick Venture @ 2019-03-04 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenBMC Maillist, Kun Yi, Natarajan Gurumoorthy, Benjamin Fair

Brad,

Please create a repo: ipmi-blob-tool (or) phosphor-blob-tool (at your
discretion).

I'm going to write up the blob tool as a library and then a small
utility, and then use that in phosphor-ipmi-flash so that we can have
other blob tools more easily.  There are a few other use-cases we've
run into, and the core blob code for the tool currently lives in
phosphor-ipmi-flash, which is sub-ideal.

Patrick

* Re: new repo request
@ 2019-03-04 19:33 ` Patrick Venture
From: Patrick Venture @ 2019-03-04 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenBMC Maillist, Kun Yi, Natarajan Gurumoorthy, Benjamin Fair

On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 10:12 AM Patrick Venture <venture@google.com> wrote:

> Brad,
>
> Please create a repo: ipmi-blob-tool (or) phosphor-blob-tool (at your
> discretion).

This codebase is meant to run on the host and not the BMC, but will be
specifically used by other host-tools talking to OpenBMC.

> I'm going to write up the blob tool as a library and then a small
> utility, and then use that in phosphor-ipmi-flash so that we can have
> other blob tools more easily.  There are a few other use-cases we've
> run into, and the core blob code for the tool currently lives in
> phosphor-ipmi-flash, which is sub-ideal.
>
> Patrick

* Re: new repo request
@ 2019-03-05 21:23   ` Patrick Venture
From: Patrick Venture @ 2019-03-05 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenBMC Maillist, Kun Yi, Natarajan Gurumoorthy, Benjamin Fair

On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 11:33 AM Patrick Venture <venture@google.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 10:12 AM Patrick Venture <venture@google.com> wrote:
> >
> > Brad,
> >
> > Please create a repo: ipmi-blob-tool (or) phosphor-blob-tool (at your
> > discretion).
>
> This codebase is meant to run on the host and not the BMC, but will be
> specifically used by other host-tools talking to OpenBMC.
>

> > I'm going to write up the blob tool as a library and then a small
> > utility, and then use that in phosphor-ipmi-flash so that we can have
> > other blob tools more easily.  There are a few other use-cases we've
> > run into, and the core blob code for the tool currently lives in
> > phosphor-ipmi-flash, which is sub-ideal.
> >
> > Patrick

Thanks!

* Re: new repo request
@ 2019-03-05 21:55       ` Patrick Venture
From: Patrick Venture @ 2019-03-05 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brad Bishop
  Cc: OpenBMC Maillist, Kun Yi, Natarajan Gurumoorthy, Benjamin Fair

No problem, thanks!

On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 1:55 PM Brad Bishop <bradleyb@fuzziesquirrel.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 05, 2019 at 01:23:12PM -0800, Patrick Venture wrote:

> >> This codebase is meant to run on the host and not the BMC, but will be
> >> specifically used by other host-tools talking to OpenBMC.

> >Thanks!
>
> Np.  You asked for this some weeks back in a different thread and I
> forgot.  Sorry ABT.
>
> -brad

* Re: new repo request
@ 2019-03-05 21:56     ` Brad Bishop
From: Brad Bishop @ 2019-03-05 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Venture
  Cc: OpenBMC Maillist, Kun Yi, Natarajan Gurumoorthy, Benjamin Fair

On Tue, Mar 05, 2019 at 01:23:12PM -0800, Patrick Venture wrote:
>On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 11:33 AM Patrick Venture <venture@google.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 10:12 AM Patrick Venture <venture@google.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Brad,
>> >
>> > Please create a repo: ipmi-blob-tool (or) phosphor-blob-tool (at your
>> > discretion).
>>
>> This codebase is meant to run on the host and not the BMC, but will be
>> specifically used by other host-tools talking to OpenBMC.
>>

>> > I'm going to write up the blob tool as a library and then a small
>> > utility, and then use that in phosphor-ipmi-flash so that we can have
>> > other blob tools more easily.  There are a few other use-cases we've
>> > run into, and the core blob code for the tool currently lives in
>> > phosphor-ipmi-flash, which is sub-ideal.
>> >
>> > Patrick
>
>Thanks!

Np.  You asked for this some weeks back in a different thread and I
forgot.  Sorry ABT.

-brad

* New repo request
@ 2019-03-25  7:51 P. K. Lee (李柏寬)
From: P. K. Lee (李柏寬) @ 2019-03-25  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bradleyb; +Cc: openbmc

Dear Brad,

Could you please help us to create a new repo quanta-ipmi-oem for quanta OEM IPMI message handling.

Best,
PK

* Re: New repo request
@ 2019-02-11 20:19   ` Vijay Khemka
From: Vijay Khemka @ 2019-02-11 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brad Bishop; +Cc: openbmc

Thanks

On 2/11/19, 11:07 AM, "Brad Bishop" <bradleyb@fuzziesquirrel.com> wrote:

    On Thu, Feb 07, 2019 at 06:40:41PM +0000, Vijay Khemka wrote:
    >Hi Brad,
    >We need a new repo fb-ipmi-oem for facebook oem IPMI message handling. Please let me know what are basic steps I need to follow.
    >
    >Regards
    >-Vijay

    Hi Vijay

    I've created openbmc/fb-ipmi-oem.  Have fun.

    thx - brad

* Re: New repo request
@ 2019-02-11 19:07 ` Brad Bishop
From: Brad Bishop @ 2019-02-11 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)