* udp guestfwd
@ 2023-10-28  6:43 Louai Al-Khanji
From: Louai Al-Khanji @ 2023-10-28  6:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

I'm interested in having the guestfwd option work for udp. My understanding
is that currently it's restricted to only tcp.

I'm not familiar with libslirp internals. What would need to be changed to
implement this? I'm potentially interested in doing the work.

I did a tiny amount of digging around libslirp and saw this comment in
`udp.c':

        /*
         * XXXXX Here, check if it's in udpexec_list,
         * and if it is, do the fork_exec() etc.
         */

I wonder whether that is related. In any case any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Louai Al-Khanji

* Re: udp guestfwd
@ 2023-12-08 17:33 ` Patrick Venture
From: Patrick Venture @ 2023-12-08 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Louai Al-Khanji, Felix Wu; +Cc: qemu-devel

On Fri, Oct 27, 2023 at 11:44 PM Louai Al-Khanji <louai.khanji@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm interested in having the guestfwd option work for udp. My
> understanding is that currently it's restricted to only tcp.
>
> I'm not familiar with libslirp internals. What would need to be changed to
> implement this? I'm potentially interested in doing the work.
>
> I did a tiny amount of digging around libslirp and saw this comment in
> `udp.c':
>
>         /*
>          * XXXXX Here, check if it's in udpexec_list,
>          * and if it is, do the fork_exec() etc.
>          */
>
> I wonder whether that is related. In any case any help is much appreciated.

Felix has been working in this space and it may take time to get the CLs
landed in libslirp and qemu.

Patrick

> Thanks,
> Louai Al-Khanji