* Custom QA Checks
@ 2022-08-07 19:21 Paul Wicks
From: Paul Wicks @ 2022-08-07 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Is it possible to create additional QA checks such that they apply to all
recipes automatically? Or even just to all recipes in a given layer?

-Paul Wicks

* Re: [yocto] Custom QA Checks
@ 2022-08-08  6:18 ` Alexander Kanavin
From: Alexander Kanavin @ 2022-08-08  6:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

I don't have a ready example, but you can start by reading
meta/classes/insane.class - I think all of the things defined in it
are extensible from a different class.

Alex

On Sun, 7 Aug 2022 at 21:21, Paul Wicks <pwicks86@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to create additional QA checks such that they apply to all recipes automatically? Or even just to all recipes in a given layer?
>
> -Paul Wicks

* Re: [yocto] Custom QA Checks
@ 2022-08-17 13:53 ` Ross Burton
From: Ross Burton @ 2022-08-17 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pwicks86; +Cc: yocto

On 7 Aug 2022, at 20:21, Paul Wicks via lists.yoctoproject.org <pwicks86=gmail.com@lists.yoctoproject.org> wrote:

> Is it possible to create additional QA checks such that they apply to all recipes automatically? Or even just to all recipes in a given layer?

Yes, and yes.

For example, I have https://github.com/rossburton/meta-ross/blob/master/classes/insanitier.bbclass

This defines some new sanity checks, and adds them to WARN_QA so that they’re enabled and classified as warnings (use ERROR_QA if you want them to be errors).

Simply inheriting the class in your local or distro configuration with INHERIT += is enough to enable them for all recipes.

Ross

* Re: [yocto] Custom QA Checks
@ 2022-08-23 15:41   ` Paul Wicks
From: Paul Wicks @ 2022-08-23 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)