* [tpm2] Re: Has the take_ownership tool been deprecated in the last release of tpm2-tools?
@ 2020-04-30  0:01 Steven Clark
From: Steven Clark @ 2020-04-30  0:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tpm2

Also some hardware TPMs come with randomized authorizations to prevent an
attacker from taking control of an unused TPM.  These can usually be
cleared from the BIOS menu, which uses the platform authorization, to prove
physical control/ownership of the machine.

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 2:06 PM Roberts, William C <
william.c.roberts(a)intel.com> wrote:

> The take ownership tool was a combination of tpm2_changeauth and
> tpm2_clear, so you can use those tools
> To do it.
>
> The old tools -c would call tpm2_clear using the lockout hierarchy, which
> is the default for the tool tpm2_clear.
> Tpm2_changeauth, you can just pick what hierarchy and the old and new
> passwords respectively.
>
> Bill

[-- Attachment #2: attachment.htm --]
[-- Type: text/html, Size: 2651 bytes --]

* [tpm2] Re: Has the take_ownership tool been deprecated in the last release of tpm2-tools?
@ 2020-04-29 21:06 Roberts, William C
From: Roberts, William C @ 2020-04-29 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tpm2

@ 2020-04-29 21:04 Steven Clark