* [cip-dev] Mailman2 to Groups.io reminder
@ 2020-04-02 20:56 Neal Caidin
From: Neal Caidin @ 2020-04-02 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-board, cip-members, cip-security, cip-dev

[cross posted]

Reminder.  Mailman2 to Groups.io email is scheduled to start on

Pacific - 2 pm , Monday, April 6
Eastern - 5 pm, Monday April 6
CET - 11 pm, Monday April 6
JST - 6 am, Tuesday, April 7

It is expected to take several hours, but could be as much as a full 24
hours.

When the migration is completed, I will send out the links so that you can
access email archives.

Best regards,
Neal

*Neal Caidin*
Program Manager, Program Management & Operations
The Linux Foundation
+1 (919) 238-9104 (w/h)
+1 (919) 949-1861 (m)
ncaidin@linuxfoundation.org

* Re: [cip-dev] Mailman2 to Groups.io reminder
@ 2020-04-06 19:34 ` Neal Caidin
From: Neal Caidin @ 2020-04-06 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-board, cip-members, cip-security, cip-dev

Reminder.  Mailman2 to Groups.io conversion about to kick off (about an 1
1/2 hours from now).

Please see schedule below.

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 4:56 PM Neal Caidin <ncaidin@linuxfoundation.org>
wrote:

> [cross posted]
>
> Reminder.  Mailman2 to Groups.io email is scheduled to start on
>
> Pacific - 2 pm , Monday, April 6
> Eastern - 5 pm, Monday April 6
> CET - 11 pm, Monday April 6
> JST - 6 am, Tuesday, April 7
>
> It is expected to take several hours, but could be as much as a full 24
> hours.
>
> When the migration is completed, I will send out the links so that you can
> access email archives.
>
> Best regards,
> Neal
>

> *Neal Caidin*
> Program Manager, Program Management & Operations
> The Linux Foundation
> +1 (919) 238-9104 (w/h)
> +1 (919) 949-1861 (m)
> ncaidin@linuxfoundation.org

* [cip-dev] Migration complete - Re: Mailman2 to Groups.io reminder
@ 2020-04-06 21:45   ` Neal Caidin
                       ` (4 more replies)
From: Neal Caidin @ 2020-04-06 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-board, cip-members, cip-security, cip-dev

Dear CIP Community,

The migration is complete.

You should receive an email shortly asking you to log in with your email
address and set a password.

One important note, please do NOT unsubscribe from the "main" list. This
would unsubscribe you from all of the CIP lists. "main" is an
administrative list used by Groups.io as a parent list to manage the other
lists. Please let me know if you have any questions or issues.

Lists

https://lists.cip-project.org/main

https://lists.cip-project.org/cip-board

https://lists.cip-project.org/cip-dev

https://lists.cip-project.org/cip-testing-results

https://lists.cip-project.org/cip-members

https://lists.cip-project.org/cip-security

Email addresses

cip-board@lists.cip-project.org

cip-dev@lists.cip-project.org

cip-testing-results@lists.cip-project.org

cip-members@lists.cip-project.org <cip-members@lists.cip-projec.org>

cip-security@lists.cip-project.org

On Mon, Apr 6, 2020 at 3:34 PM Neal Caidin <ncaidin@linuxfoundation.org>
wrote:

> Reminder.  Mailman2 to Groups.io conversion about to kick off (about an 1
> 1/2 hours from now).
>

> Please see schedule below.
>
> Best Regards,
> Neal
>

> *Neal Caidin*
> Program Manager, Program Management & Operations
> The Linux Foundation
> +1 (919) 238-9104 (w/h)
> +1 (919) 949-1861 (m)
> ncaidin@linuxfoundation.org
>

> On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 4:56 PM Neal Caidin <ncaidin@linuxfoundation.org>
> wrote:
>
>> [cross posted]
>>
>> Reminder.  Mailman2 to Groups.io email is scheduled to start on
>>
>> Pacific - 2 pm , Monday, April 6
>> Eastern - 5 pm, Monday April 6
>> CET - 11 pm, Monday April 6
>> JST - 6 am, Tuesday, April 7
>>
>> It is expected to take several hours, but could be as much as a full 24
>> hours.
>>
>> When the migration is completed, I will send out the links so that you
>> can access email archives.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Neal
>>

>> *Neal Caidin*
>> Program Manager, Program Management & Operations
>> The Linux Foundation
>> +1 (919) 238-9104 (w/h)
>> +1 (919) 949-1861 (m)
>> ncaidin@linuxfoundation.org

* Re: [cip-dev] Migration complete - Re: Mailman2 to Groups.io reminder
@ 2020-04-06 22:43     ` Pavel Machek
                       ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Pavel Machek @ 2020-04-06 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev; +Cc: cip-board, cip-members, cip-security

Hi!

> The migration is complete.
>
> You should receive an email shortly asking you to log in with your email
> address and set a password.
>
> One important note, please do NOT unsubscribe from the "main" list. This
> would unsubscribe you from all of the CIP lists. "main" is an
> administrative list used by Groups.io as a parent list to manage the other
> lists. Please let me know if you have any questions or issues.

And we have first problem.

They seem to add this kind of trailer to the messages, breaking GPG
signatures :-(.

(I won't quote full trailer as it seems to contain some secrets?)

						   		Pavel

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: [cip-dev] Migration complete - Re: Mailman2 to Groups.io reminder
@ 2020-04-07  1:44       ` punit1.agrawal
From: punit1.agrawal @ 2020-04-07  1:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pavel Machek; +Cc: cip-dev, cip-board, cip-members, cip-security

Pavel Machek <pavel@ucw.cz> writes:

> Hi!
>
>> The migration is complete.
>>
>> You should receive an email shortly asking you to log in with your email
>> address and set a password.
>>
>> One important note, please do NOT unsubscribe from the "main" list. This
>> would unsubscribe you from all of the CIP lists. "main" is an
>> administrative list used by Groups.io as a parent list to manage the other
>> lists. Please let me know if you have any questions or issues.
>
> And we have first problem.
>

> They seem to add this kind of trailer to the messages, breaking GPG
> signatures :-(.
>
> (I won't quote full trailer as it seems to contain some secrets?)

I wonder if it's possible to turn these off by the admin.

Also, another thing to test is the impact of the footer on applying
patches sent via email (git am / git apply).

* Re: [cip-members] [cip-dev] Migration complete - Re: Mailman2 to Groups.io reminder
@ 2020-04-07  6:58         ` Jan Kiszka
From: Jan Kiszka @ 2020-04-07  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-members, Pavel Machek, Konstantin Ryabitsev
  Cc: cip-dev, cip-board, cip-security, Neal Caidin

On 07.04.20 03:44, punit1.agrawal@toshiba.co.jp wrote:
> Pavel Machek <pavel@ucw.cz> writes:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>>> The migration is complete.
>>>
>>> You should receive an email shortly asking you to log in with your email
>>> address and set a password.
>>>
>>> One important note, please do NOT unsubscribe from the "main" list. This
>>> would unsubscribe you from all of the CIP lists. "main" is an
>>> administrative list used by Groups.io as a parent list to manage the other
>>> lists. Please let me know if you have any questions or issues.
>>
>> And we have first problem.
>>

>> They seem to add this kind of trailer to the messages, breaking GPG
>> signatures :-(.
>>
>> (I won't quote full trailer as it seems to contain some secrets?)
>
> I wonder if it's possible to turn these off by the admin.
>
> Also, another thing to test is the impact of the footer on applying
> patches sent via email (git am / git apply).

Konstantin, could you have a look or organize help? This is a blocker
for us, groups.io must not mess with messages.

But given that other projects are using this workflow as well, I
strongly suspect there is a way to fix it.

Thanks,
Jan

* Re: [cip-dev] Migration complete - Re: Mailman2 to Groups.io reminder
@ 2020-04-07  7:09         ` Pavel Machek
From: Pavel Machek @ 2020-04-07  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Punit Agrawal; +Cc: cip-dev, cip-board, cip-members, cip-security

Hi!

> > They seem to add this kind of trailer to the messages, breaking GPG
> > signatures :-(.
> >
> > (I won't quote full trailer as it seems to contain some secrets?)
>
> I wonder if it's possible to turn these off by the admin.
>
> Also, another thing to test is the impact of the footer on applying
> patches sent via email (git am / git apply).

I suspect footer won't cause problems with patches; there are many
lists that add such footers, and patches normally survive that okay.

But our project is quite security-focused, so it would be good to
preserve GPG signatures...

Best regards,
									Pavel

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: [cip-dev] [cip-members] Migration complete - Re: Mailman2 to Groups.io reminder
@ 2020-04-07  7:18     ` Chris Paterson
                       ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Chris Paterson @ 2020-04-07  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-members, cip-board, cip-security, cip-dev

Hello Neil,

>You should receive an email shortly asking you to log in with your email address and set a password.
It doesn’t look like I’ve received this email.

>Lists

>https://lists.cip-project.org/main

>https://lists.cip-project.org/cip-board

>https://lists.cip-project.org/cip-dev

>https://lists.cip-project.org/cip-testing-results

>https://lists.cip-project.org/cip-members

>https://lists.cip-project.org/cip-security

None of these links work. It looks like they should be https://lists.cip-project.org/g/main etc.

Kind regards, Chris

cip-board@lists.cip-project.org<mailto:cip-board@lists.cip-project.org>

cip-dev@lists.cip-project.org<mailto:cip-dev@lists.cip-project.org>

cip-testing-results@lists.cip-project.org<mailto:cip-testing-results@lists.cip-project.org>

cip-members@lists.cip-project.org<mailto:cip-members@lists.cip-projec.org>

cip-security@lists.cip-project.org<mailto:cip-security@lists.cip-project.org>

ncaidin@linuxfoundation.org<mailto:ncaidin@linuxfoundation.org>

@ 2020-04-07 10:26     ` Urs Gleim
From: Urs Gleim @ 2020-04-07 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-members; +Cc: cip-board, cip-security, cip-dev

Hi Neal,

Thanks. However I was not requested to set a password.

Best regards,
Urs

--
Urs Gleim | Siemens AG | Corporate Technology

Am 06.04.2020 um 23:45 schrieb Neal Caidin <ncaidin@linuxfoundation.org>:

[...]

* Password reset - Re: [cip-dev] [cip-members] Migration complete - Re: Mailman2 to Groups.io reminder
@ 2020-04-07 11:39       ` Neal Caidin
From: Neal Caidin @ 2020-04-07 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev; +Cc: cip-members, cip-board, cip-security

For anybody who did not get a password reset email, you can go to
https://lists.cip-project.org/ , choose Login , and click the Forgot
Password link.

Best,

@ 2020-04-07 15:12           ` Konstantin Ryabitsev
From: Konstantin Ryabitsev @ 2020-04-07 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Kiszka
  Cc: cip-members, Pavel Machek, cip-dev, cip-board, cip-security, Neal Caidin

On Tue, Apr 07, 2020 at 08:58:31AM +0200, Jan Kiszka wrote:

> Konstantin, could you have a look or organize help? This is a blocker for
> us, groups.io must not mess with messages.
>
> But given that other projects are using this workflow as well, I strongly
> suspect there is a way to fix it.

On each list's "Settings" page there is an option called:

Separate Message Footers
(Place message footers in a separate MIME part)

That's the one you want enabled.

-K

* Re: [cip-members] [cip-dev] Migration complete - Re: Mailman2 to Groups.io reminder
@ 2020-04-07 15:17             ` Jan Kiszka
From: Jan Kiszka @ 2020-04-07 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Konstantin Ryabitsev, Neal Caidin
  Cc: cip-members, Pavel Machek, cip-dev, cip-board, cip-security

On 07.04.20 17:12, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 07, 2020 at 08:58:31AM +0200, Jan Kiszka wrote:
>>
>> Konstantin, could you have a look or organize help? This is a blocker for
>> us, groups.io must not mess with messages.
>>
>> But given that other projects are using this workflow as well, I strongly
>> suspect there is a way to fix it.
>
> On each list's "Settings" page there is an option called:
>
> Separate Message Footers
> (Place message footers in a separate MIME part)
>
> That's the one you want enabled.

Perfect! Neal, you are admin? Can you change that?

Thanks,
Jan

* Re: [cip-members] [cip-dev] Migration complete - Re: Mailman2 to Groups.io reminder
@ 2020-04-07 15:40               ` Neal Caidin
From: Neal Caidin @ 2020-04-07 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Kiszka
  Cc: Konstantin Ryabitsev, cip-members, Pavel Machek, cip-dev,
	cip-board, cip-security

Sure!

I just set it for cip-dev . See if that is working now?

Happy to do it for other lists if needed.

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 11:17 AM Jan Kiszka <jan.kiszka@siemens.com> wrote:

> On 07.04.20 17:12, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 07, 2020 at 08:58:31AM +0200, Jan Kiszka wrote:
> >>
> >> Konstantin, could you have a look or organize help? This is a blocker
> for
> >> us, groups.io must not mess with messages.
> >>
> >> But given that other projects are using this workflow as well, I
> strongly
> >> suspect there is a way to fix it.
> >
> > On each list's "Settings" page there is an option called:
> >
> > Separate Message Footers
> > (Place message footers in a separate MIME part)
> >
> > That's the one you want enabled.
>
> Perfect! Neal, you are admin? Can you change that?
>
> Thanks,
> Jan
>
> --
> Siemens AG, Corporate Technology, CT RDA IOT SES-DE

* Re: [cip-dev] [cip-members] Migration complete - Re: Mailman2 to Groups.io reminder
                       ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2020-04-09 15:26     ` Chris Paterson
From: Chris Paterson @ 2020-04-09 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-members, cip-board, cip-security, cip-dev

Hello all,

Is anyone still receiving emails from cip-testing-results@lists.cip-project.org<mailto:cip-testing-results@lists.cip-project.org> since the migration?
I don’t seem to be.

Thanks, Chris

[...]

* Re: [cip-dev] [cip-board] [cip-members] Migration complete - Re: Mailman2 to Groups.io reminder
@ 2020-04-09 17:17       ` Neal Caidin
From: Neal Caidin @ 2020-04-09 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-board; +Cc: cip-members, cip-security, cip-dev

Hi Chris,

Anything I can do to help?

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 11:26 AM Chris Paterson <chris.paterson2@renesas.com>
wrote:

> Hello all,
>

> Is anyone still receiving emails from
> cip-testing-results@lists.cip-project.org since the migration?
>
> I don’t seem to be.
>

> Thanks, Chris

                       ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2020-04-20 13:50     ` Neal Caidin
From: Neal Caidin @ 2020-04-20 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-board, cip-members, cip-security, cip-dev

In the original email (below), the links were incorrect, as I think someone
in the community had pointed out. For the sake of clarity and completeness,
I am reposting with the correct links. Thank you for your patience and
understanding.

Please do NOT unsubscribe from the "main" list. This would unsubscribe you
from all of the CIP lists. "main" is an administrative list used by
Groups.io as a parent list to manage the other lists. Please let me know if
you have any questions or issues.

Lists

https://lists.cip-project.org/g/main

https://lists.cip-project.org/g/cip-board