* Beginner's guide to ceph development
@ 2017-06-01 18:05 Oleg Kolosov
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Oleg Kolosov @ 2017-06-01 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

Hi
I'm interested in writing an original erasure code in Ceph for my
research purposes. I was wondering if there is any guide for the tools
available for quick compilation and debugging of ceph source code.

Thanks

* Re: Beginner's guide to ceph development
@ 2017-06-01 18:10 ` Mohamad Gebai
From: Mohamad Gebai @ 2017-06-01 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oleg Kolosov, ceph-devel

Hi,

The README at the root directory of the source code is a good place to
start, along with the -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug option to cmake for
debugging. Ceph also supports tracing to get insights on run-time behavior.

Mohamad

@ 2017-06-01 18:21 ` Sage Weil
From: Sage Weil @ 2017-06-01 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oleg Kolosov; +Cc: ceph-devel

On Thu, 1 Jun 2017, Oleg Kolosov wrote:
> Hi
> I'm interested in writing an original erasure code in Ceph for my
> research purposes. I was wondering if there is any guide for the tools
> available for quick compilation and debugging of ceph source code.

This might be helpful!

	https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5UIehZ1oLs

sage

* Re: Beginner's guide to ceph development
@ 2017-06-02  2:46 ` Nathan Cutler
From: Nathan Cutler @ 2017-06-02  2:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oleg Kolosov; +Cc: ceph-devel

On 06/01/2017 08:05 PM, Oleg Kolosov wrote:
> Hi
> I'm interested in writing an original erasure code in Ceph for my
> research purposes. I was wondering if there is any guide for the tools
> available for quick compilation and debugging of ceph source code.

There is also this (Ceph Developer Guide):
http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/dev/

Suggestions for improvement are welcome!

Nathan

* Re: Beginner's guide to ceph development
@ 2017-06-02  6:44   ` Oleg Kolosov
From: Oleg Kolosov @ 2017-06-02  6:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan Cutler; +Cc: ceph-devel

Great tips!