* Re: DM365 McBSP as Master
       [not found]           ` <4E9BF5A0.5090203@mentor.com>
@ 2011-10-17 12:27             ` Appalayagari Sreedhar
From: Appalayagari Sreedhar @ 2011-10-17 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vladimir Barinov; +Cc: alsa-devel, Mark Brown, Liam Girdwood

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you very much. i will do the same.
on further probing and testing.

i found that if i open the device O_WRONLY and O_RDONLY mode it works.
if i try to open the device using the O_RDWR mode it fails.

is there any configuration settings i need to check.

-Sreedhar.

* Re: DM365 McBSP as Master
@ 2011-10-17 12:29               ` Appalayagari Sreedhar
From: Appalayagari Sreedhar @ 2011-10-17 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vladimir Barinov; +Cc: alsa-devel, Mark Brown, Liam Girdwood

Hi Vladimir,

error log is as shown below.

root@dm368-evm:/# ./myoss
Audio Driver failed to open, oss_fd = -1 errno = 22

-Sreedhar.

* Re: DM365 McBSP as Master
@ 2011-10-17 12:47                 ` Clemens Ladisch
From: Clemens Ladisch @ 2011-10-17 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Appalayagari Sreedhar
  Cc: alsa-devel, Mark Brown, Liam Girdwood, Vladimir Barinov

Clemens
Regards,

implementations; you should open the device twice.
the device in full duplex mode.  This is not supported by most OSS
O_RDWR indicates that you want to use the same file handle to use

@ 2011-10-17 13:26                   ` Appalayagari Sreedhar
From: Appalayagari Sreedhar @ 2011-10-17 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Clemens Ladisch; +Cc: alsa-devel, Mark Brown, Liam Girdwood, Vladimir Barinov

Hi Clemens,

Thank you very much. but for the tlv320aic3x codec it works.
tlv320aic3x device is also duplex device. and also after aplay
calling, i can succesfully open the device for my codec driver.
could you please tell me what i am missing  and also why it is working
for the tlv320aic3x device.

Thank you,
Sreedhar.

@ 2011-10-24 18:40                     ` Clemens Ladisch
From: Clemens Ladisch @ 2011-10-24 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Appalayagari Sreedhar
  Cc: alsa-devel, Mark Brown, Liam Girdwood, Vladimir Barinov

Appalayagari Sreedhar wrote:
> Thank you very much. but for the tlv320aic3x codec it works.
> tlv320aic3x device is also duplex device. and also after aplay
> calling, i can succesfully open the device for my codec driver.
> could you please tell me what i am missing  and also why it is working
> for the tlv320aic3x device.

There's probably some difference in the behaviour of the two drivers
regarding multiple opens.  Which drivers are you using (the codecs
don't matter)?

Regards,
Clemens

* Re: DM365 McBSP as Master
@ 2011-11-30 10:39                       ` Appalayagari Sreedhar
From: Appalayagari Sreedhar @ 2011-11-30 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Clemens Ladisch; +Cc: alsa-devel, Mark Brown, Liam Girdwood, Vladimir Barinov

Hi Clemens, Vladimir and All,

I found the problem. in my audio driver.

In snd_soc_dai structure i have commented the

//.symmetric_rates = 1
then this issue not coming.

I verified this structure in tlv320aic3x.c file there is no such
parameter, so i commented this and resolved this problem.

Could you please tell me what for this parameter is required.

Thank you all,
Sreedhar.

On 10/25/11, Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de> wrote:
> Appalayagari Sreedhar wrote:
>> Thank you very much. but for the tlv320aic3x codec it works.
>> tlv320aic3x device is also duplex device. and also after aplay
>> calling, i can succesfully open the device for my codec driver.
>> could you please tell me what i am missing  and also why it is working
>> for the tlv320aic3x device.
>
> There's probably some difference in the behaviour of the two drivers
> regarding multiple opens.  Which drivers are you using (the codecs
> don't matter)?
>

> Regards,
> Clemens

* Re: DM365 McBSP as Master
@ 2011-11-30 13:47                         ` Mark Brown
From: Mark Brown @ 2011-11-30 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Appalayagari Sreedhar
  Cc: alsa-devel, Clemens Ladisch, Liam Girdwood, Vladimir Barinov

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 04:09:20PM +0530, Appalayagari Sreedhar wrote:

> //.symmetric_rates = 1

> Could you please tell me what for this parameter is required.

The name for the flag seems pretty clear as to what it's doing...