* Question about package prefix
@ 2011-12-16  9:36 Giuseppe Condorelli
From: Giuseppe Condorelli @ 2011-12-16  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Hi All,

I need to package against a different prefix using rpm. I mean, I don't
want to have to files located with
the absolute path (i.e. /usr/lib/ etc...) but I need to have them under a
specified path.
How can I obtain this? I saw conf/bitbake.conf contains many variable to be
accordingly set (prefix, exec_prefix, etc...)
but if I modify them the build will be broken. Also, looking at the
distro/<distros>.conf files I have not seen nothing similar.
Please can you suggest me something to solve my issue?

Thanks,
Giuseppe

* Re: Question about package prefix
@ 2011-12-16 22:01 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2011-12-16 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On (16/12/11 10:36), Giuseppe Condorelli wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I need to package against a different prefix using rpm. I mean, I don't
> want to have to files located with
> the absolute path (i.e. /usr/lib/ etc...) but I need to have them under a
> specified path.
> How can I obtain this? I saw conf/bitbake.conf contains many variable to be
> accordingly set (prefix, exec_prefix, etc...)
> but if I modify them the build will be broken. Also, looking at the
> distro/<distros>.conf files I have not seen nothing similar.
> Please can you suggest me something to solve my issue?

write do_install so they get installed in the new location.

> Thanks,
> Giuseppe

-Khem

* Re: Question about package prefix
@ 2011-12-16 22:12   ` Giuseppe Condorelli
From: Giuseppe Condorelli @ 2011-12-16 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Thanks so much!!!
Do you mean I have to write a unified (in distro/machine conf dir)
do_install to be propagated to all the built packages?

Regards,
Giuseppe

@ 2011-12-16 22:23     ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2011-12-16 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 2:12 PM, Giuseppe Condorelli
<giuseppe.condorelli@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks so much!!!
> Do you mean I have to write a unified (in distro/machine conf dir)
> do_install to be propagated to all the built packages?
>
> Regards,
> Giuseppe
>
> Il giorno 16/dic/2011, alle ore 23:01, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> ha scritto:
>
>> On (16/12/11 10:36), Giuseppe Condorelli wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I need to package against a different prefix using rpm. I mean, I don't
>>> want to have to files located with
>>> the absolute path (i.e. /usr/lib/ etc...) but I need to have them under a
>>> specified path.
>>> How can I obtain this? I saw conf/bitbake.conf contains many variable to be
>>> accordingly set (prefix, exec_prefix, etc...)
>>> but if I modify them the build will be broken. Also, looking at the
>>> distro/<distros>.conf files I have not seen nothing similar.
>>> Please can you suggest me something to solve my issue?

hmm I thought you wanted to do it just for one package.
do you want whole image to be relocated to this location.
the see how micro does it look at meta-micro

>> write do_install so they get installed in the new location.

>>> Thanks,
>>> Giuseppe

@ 2011-12-16 22:35       ` Giuseppe Condorelli
From: Giuseppe Condorelli @ 2011-12-16 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

I'm sorry but I'm not able to find the meta-micro file. I searched it
under meta directory without success (openembedded git repos).
Any suggestions?

@ 2011-12-16 22:40         ` Paul Eggleton
From: Paul Eggleton @ 2011-12-16 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Giuseppe Condorelli; +Cc: openembedded-devel

On Friday 16 December 2011 23:35:37 Giuseppe Condorelli wrote:
> I'm sorry but I'm not able to find the meta-micro file. I searched it
> under meta directory without success (openembedded git repos).
> Any suggestions?

FYI you can find a link to it on the layer index page:

http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/LayerIndex

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton
Intel Open Source Technology Centre

* Re: Question about package prefix
@ 2011-12-16 22:43           ` Giuseppe Condorelli
From: Giuseppe Condorelli @ 2011-12-16 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Eggleton; +Cc: openembedded-devel

Many thanks Paul, I'll at it soon and I'll let you know.

Cheers,
Giuseppe

@ 2011-12-20 13:42             ` Giuseppe Condorelli
From: Giuseppe Condorelli @ 2011-12-20 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Eggleton; +Cc: openembedded-devel

Hi All,

looking at the link Paul suggested me I cannot see anything that can be
address me to solve my problem.
The lone modification I can see here is the prefix, exec_prefix, etc...
setting inside micro.conf file, but this
is not good to help me.
I'm showing an example:

1) imagine we have a package rpm, for example zlib
2) rpm -qpli zlib.rpm (let me to call the package in this manner) will show
a list of the included files plus other info.
   All of those will have absolute path (/usr, etc...)
3) What I need is to change this to a prefixed one (for example
/opt/test/distro/usr, etc...)
4) I need this for all package in my distribution
5) Is there a solution for this?

Thanks for all people that will try to help me.
Best Regards,
Giuseppe

@ 2011-12-28  9:40               ` Giuseppe Condorelli
From: Giuseppe Condorelli @ 2011-12-28  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Eggleton; +Cc: openembedded-devel

Hi All,

any advices?
Thanks again,
Giuseppe

@ 2011-12-28 10:10                 ` Paul Eggleton
From: Paul Eggleton @ 2011-12-28 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Giuseppe Condorelli; +Cc: openembedded-devel

On Wednesday 28 December 2011 10:40:47 Giuseppe Condorelli wrote:
> any advices?
> Thanks again,
> Giuseppe
>
> 2011/12/20 Giuseppe Condorelli <giuseppe.condorelli@gmail.com>
> > looking at the link Paul suggested me I cannot see anything that can be
> > address me to solve my problem.
> > The lone modification I can see here is the prefix, exec_prefix, etc...
> > setting inside micro.conf file, but this
> > is not good to help me.
> > I'm showing an example:
> >
> > 1) imagine we have a package rpm, for example zlib
> > 2) rpm -qpli zlib.rpm (let me to call the package in this manner) will
> > show a list of the included files plus other info.
> >
> >    All of those will have absolute path (/usr, etc...)
> >
> > 3) What I need is to change this to a prefixed one (for example
> > /opt/test/distro/usr, etc...)
> > 4) I need this for all package in my distribution

So I'm not entirely sure I understand why this doesn't solve your problem. For
your purposes you should have your own distro config file
(conf/distro/distroname.conf) and set DISTRO = "distroname" in local.conf, and
AFAICT then you should just need to set the *_prefix variables in the distro
config as micro.conf does. You can look at classes/nativesdk.bbclass in OE-Core
for another example of setting these prefixes.

Cheers,
Paul

--

@ 2011-12-28 15:40                   ` Giuseppe Condorelli
From: Giuseppe Condorelli @ 2011-12-28 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Eggleton; +Cc: openembedded-devel

Hi Paul,

many thanks for your support (see below).

2011/12/28 Paul Eggleton <paul.eggleton@linux.intel.com>

> On Wednesday 28 December 2011 10:40:47 Giuseppe Condorelli wrote:
> > any advices?
> > Thanks again,
> > Giuseppe
> >
> > 2011/12/20 Giuseppe Condorelli <giuseppe.condorelli@gmail.com>
> > > looking at the link Paul suggested me I cannot see anything that can be
> > > address me to solve my problem.
> > > The lone modification I can see here is the prefix, exec_prefix, etc...
> > > setting inside micro.conf file, but this
> > > is not good to help me.
> > > I'm showing an example:
> > >
> > > 1) imagine we have a package rpm, for example zlib
> > > 2) rpm -qpli zlib.rpm (let me to call the package in this manner) will
> > > show a list of the included files plus other info.
> > >
> > >    All of those will have absolute path (/usr, etc...)
> > >
> > > 3) What I need is to change this to a prefixed one (for example
> > > /opt/test/distro/usr, etc...)
> > > 4) I need this for all package in my distribution
>
> So I'm not entirely sure I understand why this doesn't solve your problem.
> For
> your purposes you should have your own distro config file
> (conf/distro/distroname.conf) and set DISTRO = "distroname" in local.conf,
> and
> AFAICT then you should just need to set the *_prefix variables in the
> distro
> config as micro.conf does. You can look at classes/nativesdk.bbclass in
> OE-Core
> for another example of setting these prefixes.

What micro.conf does is to put all the *_prefix variables to "".
Also to create an sdk is not my scope, I need to build a base-image distro
and, running "bitbake base-image", this will not use nativesdk.bbclass
AFAIK.
I tried to modify *_prefix variables but, everytime, build failed at a
given point.
I repeat, what I need is to obtain the rpm packages with %files containing
relocated information (see above).

What's your idea?
Regards,
Giuseppe

@ 2011-12-28 15:51                     ` Paul Eggleton
From: Paul Eggleton @ 2011-12-28 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Giuseppe Condorelli; +Cc: openembedded-devel

On Wednesday 28 December 2011 16:40:55 Giuseppe Condorelli wrote:
> What micro.conf does is to put all the *_prefix variables to "".
> Also to create an sdk is not my scope, I need to build a base-image distro
> and, running "bitbake base-image", this will not use nativesdk.bbclass
> AFAIK.

I'm not suggesting you should use nativesdk.bbclass, I'm suggesting it as an
example you can look at where the *_prefix variables are being set.

> I tried to modify *_prefix variables but, everytime, build failed at a
> given point.

Where did it fail? Please provide the error output.

Cheers,
Paul