* [oe-core] gcc-runtime failure
@ 2012-04-19 10:54 Giuseppe Condorelli
From: Giuseppe Condorelli @ 2012-04-19 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Hi All,

a question about gcc-runtime package.
It fails building due to the lack of gmp/mpfr/mpc libraries/headers.
Indeed the native ones were correctly built and looking at the config.log
file I can see
the problem is due to libraries wrong format (in fact I'm building for sh
arch and the gmp/mpfr/mpc libs it
includes are the native ones).
The question is: should the package build the target libraries given that
there is the DEPENDS =+ "gmp mpfr libmpc" string in the
gcc_4.6.inc file?
I think yes, but actually this doesn't happen.
Moreover I can think gcc-runtime is not intended for target but for
something else. Isn't it?

Please clarify this to me... :)
Cheers,
Giuseppe

* Re: [oe-core] gcc-runtime failure
@ 2012-04-19 13:18 ` Giuseppe Condorelli
From: Giuseppe Condorelli @ 2012-04-19 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Well indeed I discovered why gmp and Co. are not included, because
INHIBIT_DEFAULT_DEPS = "1" is set in the gcc-configre-runtime.inc.
But if I hack this, or put gmp etc... in the below DEPENDS setting I fall in
a circular dependency that I'm not able to solve.
Please can you help me?

Thanks,
Giuseppe

@ 2012-04-19 16:39 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2012-04-19 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 3:54 AM, Giuseppe Condorelli
<giuseppe.condorelli@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please clarify this to me... :)

gcc-runtime does not need target libgmp or libmpfr or libmpc
infact its just the cross compiler which needs it.

* Re: [oe-core] gcc-runtime failure
@ 2012-04-20  7:04   ` Giuseppe Condorelli
From: Giuseppe Condorelli @ 2012-04-20  7:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Many thanks guys,

just yesterday evening I was able to build gcc-runtime fixing the
configuration.

Cheers,
Giuseppe