* Re: I2C issues with u-boot from fsl-community-bsp
@ 2013-02-13 16:35 Sumedha Widyadharma
From: Sumedha Widyadharma @ 2013-02-13 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Otavio Salvador; +Cc: meta-freescale

​

On February 13, 2013 at 4:16 PM Otavio Salvador <otavio@ossystems.com.br> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 12:22 PM, Sumedha Widyadharma <
> Sumedha.Widyadharma@basyskom.com> wrote:
>
> > On February 13, 2013 at 1:53 PM Otavio Salvador <otavio@ossystems.com.br>
> > wrote:

> > (danny

> > rootfs
> > works.

> > > You can use the u-boot-imx together with the Yocto; but in any case
> > > can you provide a test we can do so we fix it in U-Boot mainline?
> >
> > I'm building a new image with u-boot-imx right now.
> > The u-boot-imx recipe had an error which I worked around with a
> > do_compile_append rename from u-boot.bin to u-boot.imx, probably not the
> > right
> > fix.
> >
> > What can I do to help fix this? Our most basic test is to run "i2cdetect
> > 2".
> > With the BSP u-boot we see the devices, with the yocto u-boot we see only
> > UU
> > where drivers have claimed addresses, but no actual devices.
>

> This won't work. I will send a patch updating the u-boot-imx with proper
> fix.
>

> > I'll report back once the image is done.
> >

> I think it won't boot.

...and it didn't.

To sum up the results so far:

Adding UBOOT_SUFFIX/UBOOT_PADDING/PREFERRED_PROVIDER as per the u-boot-imx
recipe leads to a booting sdcard image
with working I2C.

Additionally i found out that u-boot-imx does not know if/then/else :)

I've booted both images and here are the i2cdump outputs:
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/4945858

> --
> Otavio Salvador                             O.S. Systems
> E-mail: otavio@ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br
> Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854              http://projetos.ossystems.com.br--
Sumedha Widyadharma
System Integrator

basysKom GmbH
Robert-Bosch-Str. 7 | 64293 Darmstadt | Germany
Tel   : +49 6151 870 589 128  | Fax: +49 6151 - 39 69 736
sumedha.widyadharma@basyskom.com | www.basyskom.com

Handelsregister: Darmstadt HRB 9352
Geschäftsführung: Eva Brucherseifer, Heike Ziegler

* Re: I2C issues with u-boot from fsl-community-bsp
@ 2013-02-13 16:58 ` Otavio Salvador
From: Otavio Salvador @ 2013-02-13 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sumedha Widyadharma, Fabio Estevam; +Cc: meta-freescale

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 2:35 PM, Sumedha Widyadharma <
Sumedha.Widyadharma@basyskom.com> wrote:

> On February 13, 2013 at 4:16 PM Otavio Salvador <otavio@ossystems.com.br>
> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 12:22 PM, Sumedha Widyadharma <
> > Sumedha.Widyadharma@basyskom.com> wrote:
> >
> > > On February 13, 2013 at 1:53 PM Otavio Salvador <
> otavio@ossystems.com.br>

> > > (danny

> and
> > > rootfs
> > > works.

> > > I'm building a new image with u-boot-imx right now.
> > > The u-boot-imx recipe had an error which I worked around with a
> > > do_compile_append rename from u-boot.bin to u-boot.imx, probably not
> the
> > > right
> > > fix.
> > >
> > > What can I do to help fix this? Our most basic test is to run
> "i2cdetect
> > > 2".
> > > With the BSP u-boot we see the devices, with the yocto u-boot we see
> only
> > > UU
> > > where drivers have claimed addresses, but no actual devices.
> >

> > This won't work. I will send a patch updating the u-boot-imx with proper
> > fix.
> >

> > > I'll report back once the image is done.
> > >

> > I think it won't boot.
>
> ...and it didn't.
>
> To sum up the results so far:
>
> Adding UBOOT_SUFFIX/UBOOT_PADDING/PREFERRED_PROVIDER as per the u-boot-imx
> recipe leads to a booting sdcard image
> with working I2C.
>
> Additionally i found out that u-boot-imx does not know if/then/else :)
>
> I've booted both images and here are the i2cdump outputs:
> https://gist.github.com/anonymous/4945858

I don't have sabreauto here to test this.  Any clue?

@ 2013-02-13 17:26   ` Sumedha Widyadharma
From: Sumedha Widyadharma @ 2013-02-13 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabio Estevam, Otavio Salvador; +Cc: meta-freescale

On February 13, 2013 at 5:58 PM Otavio Salvador <otavio@ossystems.com.br> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 2:35 PM, Sumedha Widyadharma <
> Sumedha.Widyadharma@basyskom.com> wrote:
>

> > On February 13, 2013 at 4:16 PM Otavio Salvador <otavio@ossystems.com.br>
> > wrote:

> > otavio@ossystems.com.br>

> > and

> > the

> > "i2cdetect
> > only
> > >

> > > This won't work. I will send a patch updating the u-boot-imx with proper
> > > fix.

> > > I think it won't boot.
> >
> > ...and it didn't.
> >
> > To sum up the results so far:
> >
> > Adding UBOOT_SUFFIX/UBOOT_PADDING/PREFERRED_PROVIDER as per the u-boot-imx
> > recipe leads to a booting sdcard image
> > with working I2C.
> >
> > Additionally i found out that u-boot-imx does not know if/then/else :)
> >
> > I've booted both images and here are the i2cdump outputs:
> > https://gist.github.com/anonymous/4945858
>

> I don't have sabreauto here to test this.  Any clue?

Unfortunately not. I don't know u-boot. Does it set up the clocks for the I2C
bus?

* Re: I2C issues with u-boot from fsl-community-bsp
@ 2013-02-13 21:30     ` Otavio Salvador
From: Otavio Salvador @ 2013-02-13 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sumedha Widyadharma; +Cc: meta-freescale

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 3:26 PM, Sumedha Widyadharma
<Sumedha.Widyadharma@basyskom.com> wrote:

> On February 13, 2013 at 5:58 PM Otavio Salvador <otavio@ossystems.com.br> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 2:35 PM, Sumedha Widyadharma <
>> Sumedha.Widyadharma@basyskom.com> wrote:

>> > otavio@ossystems.com.br>

>> > and

>> > the

>> > "i2cdetect
>> > only

>> > ...and it didn't.
>> >
>> > To sum up the results so far:
>> >
>> > Adding UBOOT_SUFFIX/UBOOT_PADDING/PREFERRED_PROVIDER as per the u-boot-imx
>> > recipe leads to a booting sdcard image
>> > with working I2C.
>> >
>> > Additionally i found out that u-boot-imx does not know if/then/else :)
>> >
>> > I've booted both images and here are the i2cdump outputs:
>> > https://gist.github.com/anonymous/4945858
>>

>> I don't have sabreauto here to test this.  Any clue?
>
> Unfortunately not. I don't know u-boot. Does it set up the clocks for the I2C
> bus?

Fabio, can you take a look?

@ 2013-02-13 22:34       ` Fabio Estevam
From: Fabio Estevam @ 2013-02-13 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Otavio Salvador; +Cc: meta-freescale

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 7:30 PM, Otavio Salvador
<otavio@ossystems.com.br> wrote:

> Fabio, can you take a look?

Yes, I will check it, but maybe only next week.

* Re: I2C issues with u-boot from fsl-community-bsp
@ 2013-02-13 15:16     ` Otavio Salvador
From: Otavio Salvador @ 2013-02-13 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sumedha Widyadharma; +Cc: meta-freescale

@ 2013-02-13 14:57     ` Sumedha Widyadharma
From: Sumedha Widyadharma @ 2013-02-13 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Otavio Salvador; +Cc: meta-freescale

On February 13, 2013 at 3:22 PM Sumedha Widyadharma
<Sumedha.Widyadharma@basyskom.com> wrote:
[...]
> I'm building a new image with u-boot-imx right now.
> The u-boot-imx recipe had an error which I worked around with a
> do_compile_append rename from u-boot.bin to u-boot.imx, probably not the right
> fix.

...and I just read the comments in the recipe

--

sumedha.widyadharma@basyskom.de | www.basyskom.de

@ 2013-02-13 14:48     ` Sumedha Widyadharma
From: Sumedha Widyadharma @ 2013-02-13 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Otavio Salvador; +Cc: meta-freescale

On February 13, 2013 at 3:22 PM Sumedha Widyadharma
<Sumedha.Widyadharma@basyskom.com> wrote:

[...]
> > You can use the u-boot-imx together with the Yocto; but in any case
> > can you provide a test we can do so we fix it in U-Boot mainline?
>
> I'm building a new image with u-boot-imx right now.

The image doesn't boot at all, I get no output from u-boot on the serial line.
I'll try a clean build. That will take a while.

Regards,
Sumedha Widyadharma

--
Sumedha Widyadharma
System Integrator

basysKom GmbH
Robert-Bosch-Str. 7 | 64293 Darmstadt | Germany
Tel   : +49 6151 870 589 128  | Fax: +49 6151 - 39 69 736
sumedha.widyadharma@basyskom.de | www.basyskom.de

Handelsregister: Darmstadt HRB 9352
Geschäftsführung: Eva Brucherseifer

* Re: I2C issues with u-boot from fsl-community-bsp
@ 2013-02-13 14:22   ` Sumedha Widyadharma
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: Sumedha Widyadharma @ 2013-02-13 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Otavio Salvador; +Cc: meta-freescale