* usbmisc_imx: charger detection errors
@ 2020-05-15 21:11 Fabio Estevam
From: Fabio Estevam @ 2020-05-15 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Li Jun; +Cc: Peter Chen, USB list

Hi Li Jun,

Since commit 746f316b753a ("usb: chipidea: introduce imx7d USB charger
detection") in linux-next, the following error log is seen on a
imx7s-warp board:

[    4.919845] usbmisc_imx 30b10200.usbmisc: vbus is error
[    4.925173] usbmisc_imx 30b10200.usbmisc: Error occurs during detection: -22

What is the proper way to address this?

Thanks,

Fabio Estevam

* RE: usbmisc_imx: charger detection errors
@ 2020-05-16  6:33 ` Jun Li
From: Jun Li @ 2020-05-16  6:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabio Estevam; +Cc: Peter Chen, USB list

Hi Fabio,

This indicates the voltage of VBUS pad is below VBUS valid threshold(defaut
is 4.75v), how is vbus connected on your imx7s-warp board? is the vbus connected
from USB connector to vbus pad of imx7s SoC?

Li Jun

@ 2020-05-16 11:35   ` Fabio Estevam
From: Fabio Estevam @ 2020-05-16 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jun Li; +Cc: Peter Chen, USB list

Hi Li Jun,

On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 3:33 AM Jun Li <jun.li@nxp.com> wrote:

> This indicates the voltage of VBUS pad is below VBUS valid threshold(defaut
> is 4.75v), how is vbus connected on your imx7s-warp board? is the vbus connected
> from USB connector to vbus pad of imx7s SoC?

I have sent you the schematics off-list.

Thanks

* RE: usbmisc_imx: charger detection errors
@ 2020-05-18 12:09     ` Jun Li
From: Jun Li @ 2020-05-18 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabio Estevam; +Cc: Peter Chen, USB list

Hi Fabio

From the schematics, the vbus is connected from connector to
Vbus pad of imx7s.
This error can be seen when you connect your imx7s board to whatever
Power source?(Charger, PC host)?

Please dump the below registers after connect the otg port
to the power source for issue case:

Non-core:
0x30b10400 ~ 0x30b10440

Li Jun

@ 2020-05-18 22:28       ` Fabio Estevam
From: Fabio Estevam @ 2020-05-18 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jun Li; +Cc: Peter Chen, USB list

Hi Li Jun,

On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 9:09 AM Jun Li <jun.li@nxp.com> wrote:

> Please dump the below registers after connect the otg port
> to the power source for issue case:
>
> Non-core:
> 0x30b10400 ~ 0x30b10440

Today I was going to dump these registers, but I cannot see the
original error anymore.

If I ever see it again, I will dump these registers and will let you know.

Thanks