* riscv64 - SiFive Unmatched regression?
@ 2022-03-17 18:51 Alex
From: Alex @ 2022-03-17 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hello!

Running into a potential regression on the SiFive Unmatched.

These images function as expected:  (u-boot Nov 2021, OpenSPI 0.9)
https://github.com/haiku/firmware/tree/73e14d53b45a6b74/u-boot/riscv64/unmatched

UART output, no issues.

The latest master u-boot images no longer boot from the SD card in any testable configuration:

  * master as of today + OpenSPI 0.9
  * master as of today + OpenSPI 1.0

The symptom of "no longer boot" is the Unmatched showing a bit of gibberish on the UART.

All SD cards provisioned using identical known-good steps documented by u-boot.

 -- Alex

* Re: riscv64 - SiFive Unmatched regression?
@ 2022-03-17 19:15 ` Fabio Estevam
From: Fabio Estevam @ 2022-03-17 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex; +Cc: U-Boot-Denx, paul.walmsley, pragnesh.patel, green.wan

Adding the SiFive Unmatched maintainers on Cc.

@ 2022-03-17 19:51 ` Alexander von Gluck IV
From: Alexander von Gluck IV @ 2022-03-17 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

March 17, 2022 1:51 PM, "Alex" <kallisti5@unixzen.com> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Running into a potential regression on the SiFive Unmatched.
>
> All SD cards provisioned using identical known-good steps documented by u-boot.

Please ignore.  I was down to bisecting with multiple gcc toolchains building u-boot
when I realized one of my (seemingly good) MicroSD cards were refusing to boot in the
Unmatched.  I swapped cards and things started working as expected.

 -- Alex