* [Buildroot] Buildroot Touchscreen goes to coordinates 0 0
@ 2021-01-20  2:56 Sebastián Conti
From: Sebastián Conti @ 2021-01-20  2:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

I think is a usb touchscreen that is plug and play and have speakers, but
when I am trying to run a example from qt that you can draw, it draws a
line from coordinates 0 0 to where my finger is.
After installing evtest and building buildroot, the final coordinates of
every touch are 0x 0y.

If I test evest on other linux distro it works perfectly.

Thanks

Init screen: https://i.stack.imgur.com/1NqWY.jpg

Qt example: https://i.stack.imgur.com/xcnq4.jpg

Evtest: https://i.stack.imgur.com/Hqzce.jpg
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [Buildroot] Buildroot Touchscreen goes to coordinates 0 0
@ 2021-01-21 21:22 ` Peter Seiderer
From: Peter Seiderer @ 2021-01-21 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello Sebasti?n,

On Tue, 19 Jan 2021 23:56:12 -0300, Sebasti?n Conti <sebaconti19@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think is a usb touchscreen that is plug and play and have speakers, but
> when I am trying to run a example from qt that you can draw, it draws a
> line from coordinates 0 0 to where my finger is.
> After installing evtest and building buildroot, the final coordinates of
> every touch are 0x 0y.
>
> If I test evest on other linux distro it works perfectly.
>
> Thanks
>
> Init screen: https://i.stack.imgur.com/1NqWY.jpg
>

> Qt example: https://i.stack.imgur.com/xcnq4.jpg

Looks strange...

> Evtest: https://i.stack.imgur.com/Hqzce.jpg

As evtest (more or less) only shows the decoded events coming from
the kernel/driver, I would suspect some hardware/driver defect
(maybe kernel version dependent)..., did you test the exact same
touchscreen hardware on the same board with an different distro
(which kernel versions)?

As a second check your can try out as an alternative the libinput
debug events feature (see [1])...

Regards,
Peter

[1] https://wayland.freedesktop.org/libinput/doc/latest/tools.html#libinput-debug-events

* [Buildroot] Buildroot Touchscreen goes to coordinates 0 0
@ 2021-02-09 18:57   ` Sebastián Conti
From: Sebastián Conti @ 2021-02-09 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Peter Seiderer wrote
>  did you test the exact same
> touchscreen hardware on the same board with an different distro
> (which kernel versions)?

Yes, I tested with ubuntu raspberry pi, because I am running on a rpi4b, and
the touchscreen worked.

I tried using a different kernel version, 5.4-raspi, but it didn't work.

Also I'm building with linux mint but when I was building with ubuntu it
worked fine except for the 3000 errors that give me on building qt and qt
did not worked fine.

I do not know what else I could change...

--
Sent from: http://buildroot-busybox.2317881.n4.nabble.com/

* [Buildroot] Buildroot Touchscreen goes to coordinates 0 0
@ 2021-02-09 19:47   ` Sebastián Conti
From: Sebastián Conti @ 2021-02-09 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

I was wrong, I tried libinput and it worked,

thanks

--

@ 2021-02-13 15:44     ` Peter Seiderer
From: Peter Seiderer @ 2021-02-13 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello Sebasti?n,

On Tue, 9 Feb 2021 13:47:44 -0600 (CST), Sebasti?n Conti <sebaconti1911@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was wrong, I tried libinput and it worked,
>
> thanks

Thanks for the feedback...., seems the extra libinput layer/handling
is doing the right thing...

Regards,
Peter