* [Yocto]Using FreeRadius project on Yocto
@ 2021-12-14 19:33 Rakesh Kumar
From: Rakesh Kumar @ 2021-12-14 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi Team,

I am trying to build radius server with the use of Yocto project and looks
like freeradius recipe is already included in
meta-openembedded/meta-networking/recipes-connectivity/freeradius

I have included meta-openembedded layer in my conf/bblayers.conf file and
built core-image-base image.

But I couldn't see anything related to radius server in my <workspace>/tmp
directory

"tmp/work/ccimx6ul/core-image-base/1.0-r0/rootfs/etc/init.d"

Could you please let me know do I need to add anything specific to build
radius server apart from using meta-openembedded recipe? I apologize if
this is the wrong mailing list.

Thanks much!

Best Regards

Rakesh kumar

* Re: [Yocto]Using FreeRadius project on Yocto
@ 2021-12-14 22:12 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2021-12-14 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Dec 14, 2021 at 11:34 AM Rakesh Kumar <rakeshkumar0815@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Team,
>

> I am trying to build radius server with the use of Yocto project and looks like freeradius recipe is already included in meta-openembedded/meta-networking/recipes-connectivity/freeradius
>

> I have included meta-openembedded layer in my conf/bblayers.conf file and built core-image-base image.
>

> But I couldn't see anything related to radius server in my <workspace>/tmp directory
>

> "tmp/work/ccimx6ul/core-image-base/1.0-r0/rootfs/etc/init.d"
>

> Could you please let me know do I need to add anything specific to build radius server apart from using meta-openembedded recipe? I apologize if this is the wrong mailing list.

just adding layer is not enough, you have to add it to your image as well via
IMAGE_INSTALL or some other way as indirect dependency