* ioreplay allows replaying fs traces from a strace log file
@ 2012-04-12 20:47 Tommi Virtanen
From: Tommi Virtanen @ 2012-04-12 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Just, Mark Nelson; +Cc: ceph-devel

This looks interesting: http://code.google.com/p/ioapps/

* Re: ioreplay allows replaying fs traces from a strace log file
@ 2012-04-12 21:53 ` Mark Nelson
From: Mark Nelson @ 2012-04-12 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tommi Virtanen; +Cc: Samuel Just, ceph-devel

I played around with this about a month back during a rados bench run,
but had some trouble getting it to work when strace was attached to an
already running process.  I didn't end up spending a lot of time on it
though.  Jeff Layton also wrote a strace analyzer tool specifically for
IO, but it needs a bit of work to support -f.  His stuff can be found here:

http://clusterbuffer.wetpaint.com/page/Strace+Analyzer

Mark

@ 2012-05-12  9:31   ` Jiri Horky
From: Jiri Horky @ 2012-05-12  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

Mark Nelson <mark.nelson <at> dreamhost.com> writes:

> I played around with this about a month back during a rados bench run,
> but had some trouble getting it to work when strace was attached to an
> already running process.  I didn't end up spending a lot of time on it
> though.  Jeff Layton also wrote a strace analyzer tool specifically for
> IO, but it needs a bit of work to support -f.  His stuff can be found here:
>
> http://clusterbuffer.wetpaint.com/page/Strace+Analyzer
>
> Mark

Hi Mark,

I am the developer of the ioreplay app (ioapps suite). I came across this post,
could you please provide more details on the problem with replaying of
"incomplete" strace files? It is certainly possible that there is a bug as this
functionality was not thoroughly  tested. I willing to fix it and help you with
that. Your sample strace file + ignore/map files + arguments would help.

Cheers
Jiri Horky