* [alsa-devel] Headset button mapping in the kernel
@ 2019-11-25 19:25 Curtis Malainey
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Curtis Malainey @ 2019-11-25 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ALSA development; +Cc: Dylan Reid, Jimmy Cheng-Yi Chiang

Hello ALSA Devs,

I am looking to get some feedback/ideas on a possible change to
headset button mapping. Locally we are carrying patches that implement
the mappings in the machine driver (which we understand you do not
want upstream.) We are looking to see if we can add a new API
(something like a sysfs path potentially) to have userspace pass in
the mapping, if it chooses to, so the mapping can still be done in the
kernel. That way we can carry just the config locally and remove some
of the kernel patches we are carrying locally. Thanks.

Curtis