* check if a kernel page is read-only
@ 2016-09-05 10:59 Oscar Salvador
From: Oscar Salvador @ 2016-09-05 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi all,

I'm writing a module to read/write kernel memory, and for this I'd like to
check if a page is marked as read-only, so we don't have the right to write
there (kernel code for instance).

I though about the flags field from "struct page {}", but from the name I
can't see any useful flag to check this.

The only flag I saw is different between kernel code and module code is
that kernel code has the flag "reserved" enabled, so it's not swapped.

Could someone provide me a hint about that?

Thank you very much