* Getting corrupted ESP packet
@ 2016-10-04 16:03 Pankaj Joshi
From: Pankaj Joshi @ 2016-10-04 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qat-linux, dev

Hello All,

I am using QAT library for data encryption ( for coletocreek card).
I am sending 98 byte ICMP data to the hardware, at successful time it is
returning 166 byte of data as ESP packet.
But sometimes it is returning through callback function 180 byte of data ,
which is corrupted one .
Can anyone tell, how I can resolve this issue and why it is happening when
I am sending same data to the hardware.

Regards,
Pankaj Joshi

* Re: Getting corrupted ESP packet
@ 2016-10-04 18:15 ` Trahe, Fiona
From: Trahe, Fiona @ 2016-10-04 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pankaj Joshi, qat-linux, dev; +Cc: Trahe, Fiona, Griffin, John

Hi Pankaj,

I can't think of any way the QAT PMD could return a larger packet than it's been sent, can you provide some more details of your use-case please, e.g. which cipher algorithm, which auth algorithm are you using?
Are you using out-of-place or in-place? i.e. are the m_src and m_dst mbuf pointers in the rte_crypto_sym_op the same or different?
Can you try doing the same operation using the AESNI_MB PMD?

Regards,
Fiona