* Makefile has local changes that will be overwritten
@ 2021-02-01 14:23 Programmingkid
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Programmingkid @ 2021-02-01 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Maydell, QEMU Developers, ddstreet

When trying to build QEMU I see this error:

error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by checkout:
	Makefile
Please commit your changes or stash them before you switch branches.
Aborting

What I do to see this error:
./configure --target-list=i386-softmmu

I did some bisecting and found out this is the patch that causes the problem:

commit 7d7dbf9dc15be6e1465c756c2c5ae7f1ab104fc8
Author: Dan Streetman <ddstreet@canonical.com>
Date:   Tue Jan 19 12:20:46 2021 -0500

    configure: replace --enable/disable-git-update with --with-git-submodules

    Replace the --enable-git-update and --disable-git-update configure params
    with the param --with-git-submodules=(update|validate|ignore) to
    allow 3 options for building from a git repo.

My Info:
Mac OS 11.1
Arm64 CPU