* Temporary fbdev maintainership for 3.8 merge window
@ 2012-11-22 14:21 Tomi Valkeinen
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: Tomi Valkeinen @ 2012-11-22 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-fbdev

Hi Florian, all,

Florian told me he's very busy for the time being, and this probably
last at least until sometime early December. The merge window is coming
near, and instead of everybody sending their fbdev related patches
directly to Linus, I offer my services as a temporary fbdev maintainer
for the next merge window.

Florian, say if this is not what you intended (the details were left a
bit open in our private emails).

I don't have the capacity to really review much of the patches, so I'd
probably only pull things that are quite clear or specific to one
particular driver.

If you have just a few patches, I can apply them directly. If you have
more, please send a proper pull request to me.

If you still have some fbdev related fixes for 3.7, send them very soon,
as the next -rc may be the last. I'm planning to send a pull request
with omapdss fixes tomorrow.

 Tomi

* Re: Temporary fbdev maintainership for 3.8 merge window
@ 2012-11-26 16:48 ` Timur Tabi
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Timur Tabi @ 2012-11-26 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-fbdev

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 8:21 AM, Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com> wrote:

> Florian told me he's very busy for the time being, and this probably
> last at least until sometime early December. The merge window is coming
> near, and instead of everybody sending their fbdev related patches
> directly to Linus, I offer my services as a temporary fbdev maintainer
> for the next merge window.

Tomi,

I have a set of nine patches that I posted on October 16th:

https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-fbdev/list/?submitter=timur

These are intended for 3.8.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale

* Re: Temporary fbdev maintainership for 3.8 merge window
@ 2012-11-26 16:57 ` Tomi Valkeinen
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Tomi Valkeinen @ 2012-11-26 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-fbdev

On 2012-11-26 18:48, Timur Tabi wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 8:21 AM, Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com> wrote:
>
>> Florian told me he's very busy for the time being, and this probably
>> last at least until sometime early December. The merge window is coming
>> near, and instead of everybody sending their fbdev related patches
>> directly to Linus, I offer my services as a temporary fbdev maintainer
>> for the next merge window.
>
> Tomi,
>
> I have a set of nine patches that I posted on October 16th:
>
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-fbdev/list/?submitter=timur
>
> These are intended for 3.8.

Please send me a pull request. It's much easier for me to pull than
apply bunch of patches.

@ 2012-11-26 17:16 ` Timur Tabi
From: Timur Tabi @ 2012-11-26 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-fbdev

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 10:57 AM, Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com> wrote:

> Please send me a pull request. It's much easier for me to pull than
> apply bunch of patches.

Ok, that will take a while.  I don't have an external repository that
I can use.  I would need to create one on github first.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale

* Re: Temporary fbdev maintainership for 3.8 merge window
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2012-11-27  2:23 ` Tabi Timur-B04825
From: Tabi Timur-B04825 @ 2012-11-27  2:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-fbdev

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 8:21 AM, Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com> wrote:

> If you have just a few patches, I can apply them directly. If you have
> more, please send a proper pull request to me.

I have a set of nine patches that I posted on October 16th:

https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-fbdev/list/?submitter=timur

These are intended for 3.8.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale

* Re: Temporary fbdev maintainership for 3.8 merge window
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2013-03-20 15:47 ` Timur Tabi
From: Timur Tabi @ 2013-03-20 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-fbdev

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 8:21 AM, Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com> wrote:
> Hi Florian, all,
>
> Florian told me he's very busy for the time being, and this probably
> last at least until sometime early December. The merge window is coming
> near, and instead of everybody sending their fbdev related patches
> directly to Linus, I offer my services as a temporary fbdev maintainer
> for the next merge window.

What about for 3.9?  Do you know who is handling fbdev patches?  It
seems Florian is still MIA, and a patch that I had posted two months
ago has missed the merge window.