* daisy branch for meta-openembedded, meta-qt5 / maintainer wanted
@ 2014-04-30 14:37 Martin Jansa
       [not found] ` <CAFeBWL5HuWex48xB_JZX_C7RMhzgfH93=AVJAkO7Qk7DUToFxg@mail.gmail.com>
From: Martin Jansa @ 2014-04-30 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

few people asked me when there will be daisy branch in meta-openembedded
repository.

My current plan is at the end of next week.

There are some pending fixes I need to finish testing (please review,
test and reply on them).

I was hoping for few more fixes for
http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-devel/2014-March/094893.html

and especially for incorrect dependencies:
http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-devel/2014-April/095268.html
http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-devel/2014-April/095464.html

There is only one change on ML which really cannot go to daisy branch
(http://patchwork.openembedded.org/patch/71107/), the B!=S fixes are on
edge, but they shouldn't harm to be in daisy.

I hope to get few more fixes from OEDAM and then I'll run final build
test on jenkins (3days, possibly needed twice).

If you want to maintain daisy release in meta-oe, reply in this thread
and send patch to update README files.

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa@gmail.com

* Re: daisy branch for meta-openembedded, meta-qt5 / maintainer wanted
       [not found] ` <CAFeBWL5HuWex48xB_JZX_C7RMhzgfH93=AVJAkO7Qk7DUToFxg@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2014-05-05 16:45   ` Martin Jansa
From: Martin Jansa @ 2014-05-05 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Lee

On Mon, May 05, 2014 at 09:32:04AM -0700, Adam Lee wrote:
> Hi JaMa, what does it take to be a maintainer?
>
> Do I need to build check all the packages everyday?

Definitely no everyday, there are more patches coming in just after the
release, but later it's something like 1-5 patches in month.

So it doesn't need much time, but it's always good when it's done by
someone else then master maintainer (to setup separate builds etc).

Possibly more time is spent on watching the ML, because many people
don't read README file and instead of following the proper procedure for
backports to relase branches they just say somewhere in ML "BTW: also
merge this to dora".

You can also have some co-maintainer if you find way to split the work
without duplicating it.

I'm fine with scheme where maintainer sends me consolidated pull-request
and I'll merge it for him to actual branch (so that he doesn't even need
R/W to main repo).

BTW: If you don't mind, then I'll forward this to oe-devel as well for
other possible volunteers.

Cheers,

@ 2014-05-07 18:32     ` Philip Balister
From: Philip Balister @ 2014-05-07 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Lee; +Cc: openembedded-devel

On 05/05/2014 09:45 AM, Martin Jansa wrote:
> On Mon, May 05, 2014 at 09:32:04AM -0700, Adam Lee wrote:
>> Hi JaMa, what does it take to be a maintainer?
>>
>> Do I need to build check all the packages everyday?
>
> Definitely no everyday, there are more patches coming in just after the
> release, but later it's something like 1-5 patches in month.
>
> So it doesn't need much time, but it's always good when it's done by
> someone else then master maintainer (to setup separate builds etc).
>
> Possibly more time is spent on watching the ML, because many people
> don't read README file and instead of following the proper procedure for
> backports to relase branches they just say somewhere in ML "BTW: also
> merge this to dora".
>
> You can also have some co-maintainer if you find way to split the work
> without duplicating it.

Adam,

I'd be glad to help scan the list for backport requests.

Philip

@ 2014-05-11 14:53       ` Martin Jansa
From: Martin Jansa @ 2014-05-11 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Wed, May 07, 2014 at 11:32:34AM -0700, Philip Balister wrote:
> On 05/05/2014 09:45 AM, Martin Jansa wrote:
> > On Mon, May 05, 2014 at 09:32:04AM -0700, Adam Lee wrote:
> >> Hi JaMa, what does it take to be a maintainer?
> >>
> >> Do I need to build check all the packages everyday?
> >
> > Definitely no everyday, there are more patches coming in just after the
> > release, but later it's something like 1-5 patches in month.
> >
> > So it doesn't need much time, but it's always good when it's done by
> > someone else then master maintainer (to setup separate builds etc).
> >
> > Possibly more time is spent on watching the ML, because many people
> > don't read README file and instead of following the proper procedure for
> > backports to relase branches they just say somewhere in ML "BTW: also
> > merge this to dora".
> >
> > You can also have some co-maintainer if you find way to split the work
> > without duplicating it.
>
> Adam,
>
> I'd be glad to help scan the list for backport requests.

Can one of you send README update patch?

Thanks!

@ 2014-05-11 23:03       ` Otavio Salvador
From: Otavio Salvador @ 2014-05-11 23:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenEmbedded Devel List

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 3:32 PM, Philip Balister <philip@balister.org> wrote:
> On 05/05/2014 09:45 AM, Martin Jansa wrote:
>> On Mon, May 05, 2014 at 09:32:04AM -0700, Adam Lee wrote:
>>> Hi JaMa, what does it take to be a maintainer?
>>>
>>> Do I need to build check all the packages everyday?
>>
>> Definitely no everyday, there are more patches coming in just after the
>> release, but later it's something like 1-5 patches in month.
>>
>> So it doesn't need much time, but it's always good when it's done by
>> someone else then master maintainer (to setup separate builds etc).
>>
>> Possibly more time is spent on watching the ML, because many people
>> don't read README file and instead of following the proper procedure for
>> backports to relase branches they just say somewhere in ML "BTW: also
>> merge this to dora".
>>
>> You can also have some co-maintainer if you find way to split the work
>> without duplicating it.
>
> Adam,
>
> I'd be glad to help scan the list for backport requests.

Me too.

* Re: daisy branch for meta-openembedded, meta-qt5 / maintainer wanted
@ 2014-06-16 13:48         ` Martin Jansa
From: Martin Jansa @ 2014-06-16 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 04:53:37PM +0200, Martin Jansa wrote:
> On Wed, May 07, 2014 at 11:32:34AM -0700, Philip Balister wrote:

> > > Definitely no everyday, there are more patches coming in just after the
> > > release, but later it's something like 1-5 patches in month.
> > >
> > > So it doesn't need much time, but it's always good when it's done by
> > > someone else then master maintainer (to setup separate builds etc).
> > >
> > > Possibly more time is spent on watching the ML, because many people
> > > don't read README file and instead of following the proper procedure for
> > > backports to relase branches they just say somewhere in ML "BTW: also
> > > merge this to dora".
> > >
> > > You can also have some co-maintainer if you find way to split the work
> > > without duplicating it.
> >
> > Adam,
> >
> > I'd be glad to help scan the list for backport requests.
>
> Can one of you send README update patch?

There are first few backport requests and we still don't have official
daisy maintainer and README update.

Can anyone please volunteer and send README update patch?

* Re: daisy branch for meta-openembedded, meta-qt5 / maintainer wanted
@ 2014-06-17 20:55           ` Otavio Salvador
From: Otavio Salvador @ 2014-06-17 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenEmbedded Devel List

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 10:48 AM, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 04:53:37PM +0200, Martin Jansa wrote:

>> > Adam,
>> >
>> > I'd be glad to help scan the list for backport requests.
>>
>> Can one of you send README update patch?
>
> There are first few backport requests and we still don't have official
> daisy maintainer and README update.

I didn't find any. Or are you preparing a list to send?

> Can anyone please volunteer and send README update patch?

Is anyone willing to take it? I can help but I don't want to be the only one.

* Re: daisy branch for meta-openembedded, meta-qt5 / maintainer wanted
@ 2014-06-18  1:32             ` Cliff Brake
From: Cliff Brake @ 2014-06-18  1:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 4:55 PM, Otavio Salvador <otavio@ossystems.com.br>

> I didn't find any. Or are you preparing a list to send?
>
>> Can anyone please volunteer and send README update patch?
>
> Is anyone willing to take it? I can help but I don't want to be the only one.

I'm willing to help as well.  I started a branch to merge:

https://github.com/cbrake/meta-openembedded/commits/daisy-to-merge

Let me know if anyone else has ideas for README, etc.  Otavio, perhaps
you can add your email to the README's as well (assuming this is what
Martin had in mind).  Thanks.

Cliff

* Re: daisy branch for meta-openembedded, meta-qt5 / maintainer wanted
@ 2014-06-18  1:45               ` Cliff Brake
From: Cliff Brake @ 2014-06-18  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 9:32 PM, Cliff Brake <cbrake@bec-systems.com> wrote:

> I'm willing to help as well.  I started a branch to merge:
>
> https://github.com/cbrake/meta-openembedded/commits/daisy-to-merge
>
> Let me know if anyone else has ideas for README, etc.  Otavio, perhaps
> you can add your email to the README's as well (assuming this is what
> Martin had in mind).  Thanks.

Following Armin's lead, I changed the branch in the upstream layers
from master to daisy and pushed to the above.

Thanks,
Cliff

* Re: daisy branch for meta-openembedded, meta-qt5 / maintainer wanted
@ 2014-06-18 11:27               ` Otavio Salvador
From: Otavio Salvador @ 2014-06-18 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenEmbedded Devel List

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 10:32 PM, Cliff Brake <cbrake@bec-systems.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 4:55 PM, Otavio Salvador <otavio@ossystems.com.br>
>
>> I didn't find any. Or are you preparing a list to send?
>>
>>> Can anyone please volunteer and send README update patch?
>>
>> Is anyone willing to take it? I can help but I don't want to be the only one.
>
> I'm willing to help as well.  I started a branch to merge:
>
> https://github.com/cbrake/meta-openembedded/commits/daisy-to-merge
>
> Let me know if anyone else has ideas for README, etc.  Otavio, perhaps
> you can add your email to the README's as well (assuming this is what
> Martin had in mind).  Thanks.

Are you willing to take meta-qt5 too?

* Re: daisy branch for meta-openembedded, meta-qt5 / maintainer wanted
@ 2014-06-18 14:04                 ` Cliff Brake
From: Cliff Brake @ 2014-06-18 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 7:27 AM, Otavio Salvador
<otavio@ossystems.com.br> wrote:

> Are you willing to take meta-qt5 too?

Sure.

https://github.com/cbrake/meta-qt5/commits/daisy-to-merge

I made some more updates to the meta-oe daisy branch:

https://github.com/cbrake/meta-openembedded/commits/daisy-to-merge

Otavio, Armin, would you like me to add your emails to the maintainer
lists in these readme's as well?

Thanks,
Cliff

* Re: daisy branch for meta-openembedded, meta-qt5 / maintainer wanted
@ 2014-06-18 14:21                   ` Martin Jansa
From: Martin Jansa @ 2014-06-18 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 10:04:52AM -0400, Cliff Brake wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 7:27 AM, Otavio Salvador
> <otavio@ossystems.com.br> wrote:
>

> > Are you willing to take meta-qt5 too?
>
> Sure.
>
> https://github.com/cbrake/meta-qt5/commits/daisy-to-merge

This looks like commit for master, daisy branch already exists and has
README files updated from:
https://github.com/meta-qt5/meta-qt5/commit/55dff304eff64e77338a82cfc5a0cb1ed5a07342

> I made some more updates to the meta-oe daisy branch:
>
> https://github.com/cbrake/meta-openembedded/commits/daisy-to-merge

Looks good.

> Otavio, Armin, would you like me to add your emails to the maintainer
> lists in these readme's as well?

Should I wait 1 more day before merging branch above for possible
maintainer additions?

--

@ 2014-06-18 14:34                     ` Cliff Brake
From: Cliff Brake @ 2014-06-18 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 10:21 AM, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 10:04:52AM -0400, Cliff Brake wrote:

>> Otavio, Armin, would you like me to add your emails to the maintainer
>> lists in these readme's as well?
>
> Should I wait 1 more day before merging branch above for possible
> maintainer additions?

Yes, that would be a good idea.  I'll send a pull request tomorrow, or
after I hear back from others.

If there are other outstanding daisy patches, please let me know.

As far as a procedure to merge changes, I propose that initially one
of the branch maintainers sends a pull request to the maillist .
Another maintainer ack the pull request, and then Martin (or other
main branch maintainer) merges and pushes.  This will initially give
us a little bit more review.  Eventually we may transition to one of
us pushing changes directly after co-maintainer ack. The goal is
obviously to keep daisy building and as stable as possible.

Thanks,
Cliff

* Re: daisy branch for meta-openembedded, meta-qt5 / maintainer wanted
@ 2014-06-18 15:20                   ` Otavio Salvador
From: Otavio Salvador @ 2014-06-18 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenEmbedded Devel List

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 11:04 AM, Cliff Brake <cbrake@bec-systems.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 7:27 AM, Otavio Salvador
> <otavio@ossystems.com.br> wrote:
>

>> Are you willing to take meta-qt5 too?
>
> Sure.
>
> https://github.com/cbrake/meta-qt5/commits/daisy-to-merge
>
> I made some more updates to the meta-oe daisy branch:
>
> https://github.com/cbrake/meta-openembedded/commits/daisy-to-merge
>
> Otavio, Armin, would you like me to add your emails to the maintainer
> lists in these readme's as well?

Yes, please add me.

* Re: daisy branch for meta-openembedded, meta-qt5 / maintainer wanted
@ 2014-06-18 16:41                     ` akuster808
From: akuster808 @ 2014-06-18 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On 06/18/2014 08:20 AM, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 11:04 AM, Cliff Brake <cbrake@bec-systems.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 7:27 AM, Otavio Salvador
>> <otavio@ossystems.com.br> wrote:
>>

>>> Are you willing to take meta-qt5 too?
>>
>> Sure.
>>
>> https://github.com/cbrake/meta-qt5/commits/daisy-to-merge
>>
>> I made some more updates to the meta-oe daisy branch:
>>
>> https://github.com/cbrake/meta-openembedded/commits/daisy-to-merge
>>
>> Otavio, Armin, would you like me to add your emails to the maintainer
>> lists in these readme's as well?
>
> Yes, please add me.

Yes. add me as well.

- Armin

* Re: daisy branch for meta-openembedded, meta-qt5 / maintainer wanted
@ 2014-06-23  7:15                       ` Steffen Sledz
From: Steffen Sledz @ 2014-06-23  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On 18.06.2014 16:34, Cliff Brake wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 10:21 AM, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 10:04:52AM -0400, Cliff Brake wrote:
>

>>> Otavio, Armin, would you like me to add your emails to the maintainer
>>> lists in these readme's as well?
>>
>> Should I wait 1 more day before merging branch above for possible
>> maintainer additions?
>
> Yes, that would be a good idea.  I'll send a pull request tomorrow, or
> after I hear back from others.
>
> If there are other outstanding daisy patches, please let me know.
>
> As far as a procedure to merge changes, I propose that initially one
> of the branch maintainers sends a pull request to the maillist .
> Another maintainer ack the pull request, and then Martin (or other
> main branch maintainer) merges and pushes.  This will initially give
> us a little bit more review.  Eventually we may transition to one of
> us pushing changes directly after co-maintainer ack. The goal is
> obviously to keep daisy building and as stable as possible.

Ping!

My live555 patch is still waiting. :(

Steffen

--
DResearch Fahrzeugelektronik GmbH
Otto-Schmirgal-Str. 3, 10319 Berlin, Germany

* Re: daisy branch for meta-openembedded, meta-qt5 / maintainer wanted
@ 2014-06-23 11:01                         ` Martin Jansa
From: Martin Jansa @ 2014-06-23 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel