* Persistent mapping from BT hardware to hci name
@ 2015-03-19  0:34 Yey Yuan
From: Yey Yuan @ 2015-03-19  0:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hello,

I want a stable mapping from bluetooth hardware to hciX under
/sys/class/bluetooth, similar to how wlanX maps to wifi chips.

I wrote a udev rule. The rule is matching correctly by vender/product.
But how do i actually change the name? With wlan, i can simply specify
NAME="wlan0". It doesn't work with BT.

Here is the udev rule:
SUBSYSTEM="bluetooth", ATTRS{idVendor}=="foo",
ATTRS={idProduct}="bar", RUN+="some_no_op_script.sh"

Thanks!

* Re: Persistent mapping from BT hardware to hci name
@ 2015-03-19  2:02 ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2015-03-19  2:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yey Yuan; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hi Yey,

> I want a stable mapping from bluetooth hardware to hciX under
> /sys/class/bluetooth, similar to how wlanX maps to wifi chips.
>
> I wrote a udev rule. The rule is matching correctly by vender/product.
> But how do i actually change the name? With wlan, i can simply specify
> NAME="wlan0". It doesn't work with BT.
>
> Here is the udev rule:
> SUBSYSTEM="bluetooth", ATTRS{idVendor}=="foo",
> ATTRS={idProduct}="bar", RUN+="some_no_op_script.sh"

renaming of Bluetooth HCI interfaces is not supported. Just give the name as parameter to the script you are executing. udev actually knows the name of the Bluetooth HCI interface.

Regards

Marcel