* opkg
@ 2018-08-20 21:40 Phillip Warren
From: Phillip Warren @ 2018-08-20 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi, I'm currently working on the pyro branch (2.3.4) and have a need
to support opkg list-upgradable; however, when I execute opkg
list-upgradable, I receive the following error:

Collected errors:
 * opkg_list_upgradable_cmd: list-upgradable command not available
with external solver enabled

The pyro opkg version is:
~# opkg --version
opkg version 0.3.4 (libsolv 0.6.26)

What is the simplest way to enable the list-upgradeable option for opkg?

1. Write a .bbappend to apply the patch to the 0.3.4 source that
enables this functionality? Where might I locate this patch?
2. Fast-forward opkg 0.3.4 to a newer version? What's the approved way
to do this within the yocto environment?

Thanks!
Phillip Warren

* Re: opkg
@ 2018-08-21  0:48 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2018-08-21  0:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: warrenphd; +Cc: Yocto Project

On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 2:41 PM Phillip Warren <warrenphd@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I'm currently working on the pyro branch (2.3.4) and have a need
> to support opkg list-upgradable; however, when I execute opkg
> list-upgradable, I receive the following error:
>
> Collected errors:
>  * opkg_list_upgradable_cmd: list-upgradable command not available
> with external solver enabled
>
> The pyro opkg version is:
> ~# opkg --version
> opkg version 0.3.4 (libsolv 0.6.26)
>
> What is the simplest way to enable the list-upgradeable option for opkg?
>
> 1. Write a .bbappend to apply the patch to the 0.3.4 source that
> enables this functionality? Where might I locate this patch?

usually this is ok and upstreamable, but may not be always possible if
change is quite intrusive
you might look into opkg git here
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/opkg

particularly this commit
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/opkg/commit/?id=cc624806a6179c2d3d7b3eec4260e50ab0653c5d

be aware that it looks like it might need some other commits too.

> 2. Fast-forward opkg 0.3.4 to a newer version? What's the approved way
> to do this within the yocto environment?

sometimes this might be fine, we wont accept it upstream without a
solid reasoning but it could serve your
purpose and you can maintain it in your local project. Although be
aware that it has not been integrated with
older versions of yocto so there could be loose ends.

> Thanks!
> Phillip Warren

* Re: opkg
@ 2008-02-20 11:53 ` Koen Kooi
From: Koen Kooi @ 2008-02-20 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

* opkg
@ 2008-02-20 11:41 Michael 'Mickey' Lauer
From: Michael 'Mickey' Lauer @ 2008-02-20 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Hi guys,

you may know that OpenMoko Inc. has started to work on improving and enhancing
our favourite package management system (i***). A list of planned features is
@ http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Opkg and there is now a mailing list for the

I think this is a good chance to fix some of the problems that were due to
i*** and I want to invite your to participate, if you're interested.

Cheers,

Mickey.
--
Dr. Michael 'Mickey' Lauer | IT-Freelancer | http://www.vanille-media.de