* About loading drivers of camera_ov5640_mipi and to test it in warp7
@ 2017-06-28  4:20 Vinay Hulagabali
From: Vinay Hulagabali @ 2017-06-28  4:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

     I have loaded the camera drivers of ov5640_mipi in warp7 but I am not
sure whether it is correct or not and will you please suggest me how to
load drivers and to test it.

Your suggestions are appreciated thanks.

Regards
Vinod

* Re: About loading drivers of camera_ov5640_mipi and to test it in warp7
@ 2017-06-28 16:10 ` Daiane Angolini
From: Daiane Angolini @ 2017-06-28 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vinay Hulagabali; +Cc: meta-freescale

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 1:20 AM, Vinay Hulagabali
<vinayhulagabali@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>      I have loaded the camera drivers of ov5640_mipi in warp7 but I am not
> sure whether it is correct or not and will you please suggest me how to load
> drivers and to test it.

Last time I worked with warp7 camera it was not working (so if you are
using the default linux from meta-freescale-3rdparty chances are it's
not supposed to work.

I cannot really remember the camera partnumber, but it was not the
OV5XXX, it was an OV2XXX

Regards,
Daiane

@ 2017-06-28 19:36   ` TEXIER Pierre-Jean
From: TEXIER Pierre-Jean @ 2017-06-28 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daiane Angolini; +Cc: meta-freescale

> On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 1:20 AM, Vinay Hulagabali
> <vinayhulagabali@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >      I have loaded the camera drivers of ov5640_mipi in warp7 but I am
> not
> > sure whether it is correct or not and will you please suggest me how to
> load
> > drivers and to test it.
>
> Last time I worked with warp7 camera it was not working (so if you are
> using the default linux from meta-freescale-3rdparty chances are it's
> not supposed to work.
>
> I cannot really remember the camera partnumber, but it was not the
> OV5XXX, it was an OV2XXX

Yes Daiane, you are right, currently the camera not working with the
linux-warp7 Kernel.

But it seems operational with the Android Kernel (
https://github.com/WaRP7/linux-fslc/commit/525f946c85625f4ef97b737c3e9651dcd0cba213
)

I will try to work on the linux-warp7 support.

Regards,

Pierre-jean

@ 2017-06-29 13:12     ` Daiane Angolini
From: Daiane Angolini @ 2017-06-29 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: TEXIER Pierre-Jean; +Cc: meta-freescale

Hi Pierre-jean,

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 4:36 PM, TEXIER Pierre-Jean
<texier.pj2@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes Daiane, you are right, currently the camera not working with the
> linux-warp7 Kernel.
>
> But it seems operational with the Android Kernel
> (https://github.com/WaRP7/linux-fslc/commit/525f946c85625f4ef97b737c3e9651dcd0cba213)
>
> I will try to work on the linux-warp7 support.

My memory is not exactly accurate in this point. But what I have here is:

ov2680 is supported, but the output is in bayer format, which is not
directly supported my imx7S (here I don't remember the reason
specifically). So the most we could get was one frame picture with raw
data (so, some additional processing was needed to render it to the PC
screen)

I personally was not able to test it, because I had no time and
because I have never really gathered all the pieces needed.

If you happens to get this working, please let me/us know. It would be terrific.

Thanks a lot,
Daiane

@ 2017-06-30  5:30       ` Vinay Hulagabali
From: Vinay Hulagabali @ 2017-06-30  5:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daiane Angolini; +Cc: meta-freescale

I just tried with the ov2680_mipi drivers using bitbake core-image-minimal
but it is throwing error like it is getting the ov2680_mipi.c file so no
rule to make target.
So any idea how to make it work

Regards
Vinod

@ 2017-07-04 13:28         ` Daiane Angolini
From: Daiane Angolini @ 2017-07-04 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vinay Hulagabali; +Cc: meta-freescale

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 2:30 AM, Vinay Hulagabali
<vinayhulagabali@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just tried with the ov2680_mipi drivers using bitbake core-image-minimal
> but it is throwing error like it is getting the ov2680_mipi.c file so no
> rule to make target.
> So any idea how to make it work

As far as I know, it's not working.

There is some code for DTS on the android kernel, but it is not
completely implemented.

Daiane

@ 2017-07-05  6:28           ` Vinay Hulagabali
From: Vinay Hulagabali @ 2017-07-05  6:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daiane Angolini; +Cc: meta-freescale

Ok, thanks.  And can you just tell me on which website the Android kernel
will be available and I need to use it for warp 7 so will you please
suggest me.

Regards
Vinod

@ 2017-07-05 12:48             ` Daiane Angolini
From: Daiane Angolini @ 2017-07-05 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vinay Hulagabali; +Cc: meta-freescale

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 3:28 AM, Vinay Hulagabali
<vinayhulagabali@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, thanks.  And can you just tell me on which website the Android kernel
> will be available and I need to use it for warp 7 so will you please suggest
> me.

I don't know. I would follow the warp7 github account.

Daiane