* Using site.conf
@ 2017-10-27 18:59 Michael Habibi
From: Michael Habibi @ 2017-10-27 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yocto

I'm a bit confused about the usage of site.conf. I see a sample in the poky
distro area, but I'm not sure how this actually gets copied into a
site.conf and actually used by deployed versions of our distribution.

Is there some extra step I need to take to ensure site.conf.sample from my
own distributions conf directory gets copied and actually used by our
engineers' environments?

* Re: Using site.conf
@ 2017-10-30 23:16 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2017-10-30 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Habibi; +Cc: Yocto

On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 11:59 AM, Michael Habibi <mikehabibi@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm a bit confused about the usage of site.conf. I see a sample in the poky
> distro area, but I'm not sure how this actually gets copied into a site.conf
> and actually used by deployed versions of our distribution.
>
> Is there some extra step I need to take to ensure site.conf.sample from my
> own distributions conf directory gets copied and actually used by our
> engineers' environments?

yes, you need to do that as part of workspace setup.

* Re: Using site.conf
@ 2017-10-31 14:15   ` Michael Habibi
From: Michael Habibi @ 2017-10-31 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: Yocto

Is there an example of this somewhere? I haven't had any luck in
documentation or example code to see how to make the site.conf be used.

On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 6:16 PM, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 11:59 AM, Michael Habibi <mikehabibi@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I'm a bit confused about the usage of site.conf. I see a sample in the
> poky
> > distro area, but I'm not sure how this actually gets copied into a
> site.conf
> > and actually used by deployed versions of our distribution.
> >
> > Is there some extra step I need to take to ensure site.conf.sample from
> my
> > own distributions conf directory gets copied and actually used by our
> > engineers' environments?
>
> yes, you need to do that as part of workspace setup.
>

> > --

* Re: Using site.conf
@ 2017-10-31 14:24     ` Tim Orling
From: Tim Orling @ 2017-10-31 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Habibi, Khem Raj; +Cc: Yocto

http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.4/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#user-configuration
On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 7:15 AM Michael Habibi <mikehabibi@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there an example of this somewhere? I haven't had any luck in
> documentation or example code to see how to make the site.conf be used.
>
> On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 6:16 PM, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 11:59 AM, Michael Habibi <mikehabibi@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > I'm a bit confused about the usage of site.conf. I see a sample in the
>> poky
>> > distro area, but I'm not sure how this actually gets copied into a
>> site.conf
>> > and actually used by deployed versions of our distribution.
>> >
>> > Is there some extra step I need to take to ensure site.conf.sample from
>> my
>> > own distributions conf directory gets copied and actually used by our
>> > engineers' environments?
>>
>> yes, you need to do that as part of workspace setup.
>>

>> > --

* Re: Using site.conf
@ 2017-10-31 14:24     ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2017-10-31 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Habibi; +Cc: Yocto

On 31 October 2017 at 14:15, Michael Habibi <mikehabibi@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there an example of this somewhere? I haven't had any luck in
> documentation or example code to see how to make the site.conf be used.

site.conf is loaded if it is present in a conf/ directory anywhere.  I have
a meta-ross which contains conf/site.conf, I add that layer to every build
tree and bitbake will read the site.conf.  There's not a lot more to it
really.

Ross

* Re: Using site.conf
@ 2017-10-31 15:17       ` Michael Habibi
From: Michael Habibi @ 2017-10-31 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross; +Cc: Yocto

Ok thanks! I think I mistakenly thought that I needed to have it be called
site.conf.sample, and it will copy the sample into the .conf file in the
build/conf area.

On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 9:24 AM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton@intel.com> wrote:

> On 31 October 2017 at 14:15, Michael Habibi <mikehabibi@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Is there an example of this somewhere? I haven't had any luck in
>> documentation or example code to see how to make the site.conf be used.
>>

> site.conf is loaded if it is present in a conf/ directory anywhere.  I
> have a meta-ross which contains conf/site.conf, I add that layer to every
> build tree and bitbake will read the site.conf.  There's not a lot more to
> it really.
>
> Ross

* Re: Using site.conf
@ 2017-10-31 18:27       ` Khem Raj