* [Xenomai] FUSE package error while doing configure for xenomai-3
@ 2018-03-23  6:06 Pintu Kumar
From: Pintu Kumar @ 2018-03-23  6:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xenomai@xenomai.org

Hi,

I am trying to install xenomai-3 again.
# ./script/bootstrap

After this, when I do configure, it is stopped at FUSE
# ./configure
checking whether the registry should be enabled... no
./configure: line 13838: syntax error near unexpected token `FUSE,'
./configure: line 13838: `      PKG_CHECK_MODULES(FUSE, fuse)'

How to solve this problem ?
If anybody have come across this problem?

I tried installing : fuse, libfuse2, but it did not help.

Please help!

Thanks,
Pintu

* Re: [Xenomai] FUSE package error while doing configure for xenomai-3
@ 2018-03-23 11:42 ` Henning Schild
From: Henning Schild @ 2018-03-23 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pintu Kumar; +Cc: Xenomai@xenomai.org

Am Fri, 23 Mar 2018 11:36:48 +0530
schrieb Pintu Kumar <pintu.ping@gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install xenomai-3 again.
> # ./script/bootstrap
>
> After this, when I do configure, it is stopped at FUSE
> # ./configure
> checking whether the registry should be enabled... no
> ./configure: line 13838: syntax error near unexpected token `FUSE,'
> ./configure: line 13838: `      PKG_CHECK_MODULES(FUSE, fuse)'
>
> How to solve this problem ?
> If anybody have come across this problem?

Yes, it is known. You will have to install "pkg-config", or the
equivalent if you are not on Debian.

Henning

@ 2018-03-23 13:25   ` Pintu Kumar
From: Pintu Kumar @ 2018-03-23 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Henning Schild; +Cc: Xenomai@xenomai.org

On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 5:12 PM, Henning Schild
<henning.schild@siemens.com> wrote:
> Am Fri, 23 Mar 2018 11:36:48 +0530
> schrieb Pintu Kumar <pintu.ping@gmail.com>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to install xenomai-3 again.
>> # ./script/bootstrap
>>
>> After this, when I do configure, it is stopped at FUSE
>> # ./configure
>> checking whether the registry should be enabled... no
>> ./configure: line 13838: syntax error near unexpected token `FUSE,'
>> ./configure: line 13838: `      PKG_CHECK_MODULES(FUSE, fuse)'
>>
>> How to solve this problem ?
>> If anybody have come across this problem?
>
> Yes, it is known. You will have to install "pkg-config", or the
> equivalent if you are not on Debian.

Yes, I already installed it.
pkg-config is already the newest version (0.29.1-u.4.0.0.2).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.

Looks like some problem with fuse.

# apt-get install fuse
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 fuse : Depends: libfuse2 (= 2.9.3-u.4.0.0.1) but 2.9.7-u.4.0.0.2 is
to be installed

@ 2018-03-23 13:40     ` Henning Schild
From: Henning Schild @ 2018-03-23 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pintu Kumar; +Cc: Xenomai@xenomai.org

Am Fri, 23 Mar 2018 18:55:27 +0530
schrieb Pintu Kumar <pintu.ping@gmail.com>:

> On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 5:12 PM, Henning Schild
> <henning.schild@siemens.com> wrote:
> > Am Fri, 23 Mar 2018 11:36:48 +0530
> > schrieb Pintu Kumar <pintu.ping@gmail.com>:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I am trying to install xenomai-3 again.
> >> # ./script/bootstrap
> >>
> >> After this, when I do configure, it is stopped at FUSE
> >> # ./configure
> >> checking whether the registry should be enabled... no
> >> ./configure: line 13838: syntax error near unexpected token `FUSE,'
> >> ./configure: line 13838: `      PKG_CHECK_MODULES(FUSE, fuse)'
> >>
> >> How to solve this problem ?
> >> If anybody have come across this problem?
> >
> > Yes, it is known. You will have to install "pkg-config", or the
> > equivalent if you are not on Debian.
> >

> Yes, I already installed it.
> pkg-config is already the newest version (0.29.1-u.4.0.0.2).
> 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
>
> Looks like some problem with fuse.
>
> # apt-get install fuse
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.

>  fuse : Depends: libfuse2 (= 2.9.3-u.4.0.0.1) but 2.9.7-u.4.0.0.2 is
> to be installed

You only need fuse when enabling the registry, which you probably do
not want to do. The problem you run into is your autoconf not
supporting PKG_CHECK_MODULES.

grep PKG_CHECK_MODULE /usr/share/aclocal/*
should return a line like the following
/usr/share/aclocal/pkg.m4:AC_DEFUN([PKG_CHECK_MODULES_STATIC],

If not, you are missing some package.

Henning

@ 2018-03-23 13:42       ` Pintu Kumar
From: Pintu Kumar @ 2018-03-23 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Henning Schild; +Cc: Xenomai@xenomai.org

On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 7:10 PM, Henning Schild
<henning.schild@siemens.com> wrote:
> Am Fri, 23 Mar 2018 18:55:27 +0530
> schrieb Pintu Kumar <pintu.ping@gmail.com>:
>
>> On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 5:12 PM, Henning Schild
>> <henning.schild@siemens.com> wrote:

>> > Yes, it is known. You will have to install "pkg-config", or the
>> > equivalent if you are not on Debian.
>> >

>> Yes, I already installed it.
>> pkg-config is already the newest version (0.29.1-u.4.0.0.2).
>> 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
>>
>> Looks like some problem with fuse.
>>
>> # apt-get install fuse
>> Reading package lists... Done
>> Building dependency tree
>> Reading state information... Done
>> Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
>> requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
>> distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
>> or been moved out of Incoming.
>> The following information may help to resolve the situation:
>>
>> The following packages have unmet dependencies:
>>  fuse : Depends: libfuse2 (= 2.9.3-u.4.0.0.1) but 2.9.7-u.4.0.0.2 is
>> to be installed
>> E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
>
> You only need fuse when enabling the registry, which you probably do
> not want to do. The problem you run into is your autoconf not
> supporting PKG_CHECK_MODULES.
>
> grep PKG_CHECK_MODULE /usr/share/aclocal/*
> should return a line like the following
> /usr/share/aclocal/pkg.m4:AC_DEFUN([PKG_CHECK_MODULES_STATIC],

OK. For me it return like this:

# grep PKG_CHECK_MODULE /usr/share/aclocal/*
/usr/share/aclocal/fontutil.m4: PKG_CHECK_MODULES(MAPS, [fontutil])

@ 2018-03-23 14:39         ` Henning Schild
From: Henning Schild @ 2018-03-23 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pintu Kumar; +Cc: Xenomai@xenomai.org

Am Fri, 23 Mar 2018 19:12:42 +0530
schrieb Pintu Kumar <pintu.ping@gmail.com>:

> On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 7:10 PM, Henning Schild
> <henning.schild@siemens.com> wrote:
> > Am Fri, 23 Mar 2018 18:55:27 +0530
> > schrieb Pintu Kumar <pintu.ping@gmail.com>:

> >> Yes, I already installed it.
> >> pkg-config is already the newest version (0.29.1-u.4.0.0.2).
> >> 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
> >>
> >> Looks like some problem with fuse.
> >>
> >> # apt-get install fuse
> >> Reading package lists... Done
> >> Building dependency tree
> >> Reading state information... Done
> >> Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
> >> requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
> >> distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
> >> or been moved out of Incoming.
> >> The following information may help to resolve the situation:
> >>
> >> The following packages have unmet dependencies:
> >>  fuse : Depends: libfuse2 (= 2.9.3-u.4.0.0.1) but 2.9.7-u.4.0.0.2
> >> is to be installed
> >> E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
> >
> > You only need fuse when enabling the registry, which you probably do
> > not want to do. The problem you run into is your autoconf not
> > supporting PKG_CHECK_MODULES.
> >
> > grep PKG_CHECK_MODULE /usr/share/aclocal/*
> > should return a line like the following
> > /usr/share/aclocal/pkg.m4:AC_DEFUN([PKG_CHECK_MODULES_STATIC],
>
> OK. For me it return like this:
>
> # grep PKG_CHECK_MODULE /usr/share/aclocal/*
> /usr/share/aclocal/fontutil.m4: PKG_CHECK_MODULES(MAPS, [fontutil])

If that is the only hit you seem to missing AC_DEFUN and pkg.m4. Find
which package provides this file in your distro.

Henning

@ 2018-06-19 17:06 Шевченко Тарас Григорьевич
From: Шевченко Тарас Григорьевич @ 2018-06-19 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

The same issue, could be ubuntu 18 a problem ?

[ https://xenomai.org/pipermail/xenomai/2018-March/038528.html | [Xenomai] FUSE package error while doing configure for xenomai-3 ]

С уважением и надеждой на сотрудничество,
Шевченко Т.Г.

* Re: [Xenomai] FUSE package error while doing configure for xenomai-3
@ 2018-03-23 16:08 Ivid Suvarna
From: Ivid Suvarna @ 2018-03-23 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pintu Kumar; +Cc: xenomai

Hi Pintu-san,

> I am trying to install xenomai-3 again.
> # ./script/bootstrap
>
> After this, when I do configure, it is stopped at FUSE
> # ./configure
> checking whether the registry should be enabled... no
> ./configure: line 13838: syntax error near unexpected token `FUSE,'
> ./configure: line 13838: `      PKG_CHECK_MODULES(FUSE, fuse)'
>
> How to solve this problem ?
> If anybody have come across this problem?

Try installing libfuse-dev after installing libfuse2

Regards,
IVID