* openssl failing to compile
@ 2011-12-21 15:09 George Alexandru Dorobantu
From: George Alexandru Dorobantu @ 2011-12-21 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Hello list,

bulding a console-image for beagleboard, openssl fails to compile.

The log shows this:

openssl.o: In function `main':
openssl.c:(.text+0x1eb): undefined reference to `BIO_s_file'
openssl.c:(.text+0x1f3): undefined reference to `BIO_new'
openssl.c:(.text+0x235): undefined reference to `BIO_ctrl'

Removing libdeps-first.patch solved the issue.

Does anyone know if libdeps-first.patch is really needed?
If not, could it be removed?

Thank you
George A. Dorobantu

* Re: openssl failing to compile
@ 2011-12-29  1:23 ` James
From: James @ 2011-12-29  1:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Hi all,

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 11:09 PM, George Alexandru Dorobantu
<gdalex@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> bulding a console-image for beagleboard, openssl fails to compile.
>
> The log shows this:
>
> openssl.o: In function `main':
> openssl.c:(.text+0x1eb): undefined reference to `BIO_s_file'
> openssl.c:(.text+0x1f3): undefined reference to `BIO_new'
> openssl.c:(.text+0x235): undefined reference to `BIO_ctrl'
>
> Removing libdeps-first.patch solved the issue.
>
> Does anyone know if libdeps-first.patch is really needed?
> If not, could it be removed?
>

> Thank you
> George A. Dorobantu

I'm too experiencing this issue with my overo board too and is
currently using the same hack to get pass openssl compilation problem.

Please backport openssl from oe-core to oe-classic to solve this once
and for all?

Thanks.

James

* Re: openssl failing to compile
@ 2011-12-29  1:36   ` Neil Gruending
From: Neil Gruending @ 2011-12-29  1:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

I have the same issue. After some Googling it appears to only affect
Ubuntu 11.10?

Neil

@ 2011-12-29  2:17     ` James
From: James @ 2011-12-29  2:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Hi all,

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 9:36 AM, Neil Gruending <neil@gruending.net> wrote:
> I have the same issue. After some Googling it appears to only affect
> Ubuntu 11.10?
>
> Neil
>
> On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 5:23 PM, James <angweiyang@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 11:09 PM, George Alexandru Dorobantu
>> <gdalex@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello list,
>>>
>>> bulding a console-image for beagleboard, openssl fails to compile.
>>>
>>> The log shows this:
>>>
>>> openssl.o: In function `main':
>>> openssl.c:(.text+0x1eb): undefined reference to `BIO_s_file'
>>> openssl.c:(.text+0x1f3): undefined reference to `BIO_new'
>>> openssl.c:(.text+0x235): undefined reference to `BIO_ctrl'
>>>
>>> Removing libdeps-first.patch solved the issue.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know if libdeps-first.patch is really needed?
>>> If not, could it be removed?
>>>

>>> Thank you
>>> George A. Dorobantu
>>
>> I'm too experiencing this issue with my overo board too and is
>> currently using the same hack to get pass openssl compilation problem.
>>
>> Please backport openssl from oe-core to oe-classic to solve this once
>> and for all?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> James

My build host is Ubuntu 11.10 x64.

James

* Re: openssl failing to compile
@ 2012-01-05  1:50       ` James
From: James @ 2012-01-05  1:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Hi all,

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 10:17 AM, James <angweiyang@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 9:36 AM, Neil Gruending <neil@gruending.net> wrote:
>> I have the same issue. After some Googling it appears to only affect
>> Ubuntu 11.10?
>>
>> Neil
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 5:23 PM, James <angweiyang@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi all,

>>> I'm too experiencing this issue with my overo board too and is
>>> currently using the same hack to get pass openssl compilation problem.
>>>
>>> Please backport openssl from oe-core to oe-classic to solve this once
>>> and for all?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>> James
>>>

> My build host is Ubuntu 11.10 x64.
>
> --
> Regards,
> James

Can anyone advise on this?

Many thanks in adv

James

* Re: openssl failing to compile
@ 2012-01-05  8:31         ` Roman Khimov
From: Roman Khimov @ 2012-01-05  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On 5 января 2012 09:50:28 James wrote:

> Can anyone advise on this?

As written in the patch itself:
=========
Links to previously staged 0.9.8* easily otherwise
=========

Without this patch openssl links to any previously staged libssl/libcrypto, if
that was 0.9.8smth it won't work at all. I have no idea how this patch could
break the build. You need to carefully review the build log and especially
compare it between different hosts, as it seems like only Ubuntu 11.10 has the
problem.

* Re: openssl failing to compile
@ 2012-01-05 14:07         ` George Alexandru Dorobantu
From: George Alexandru Dorobantu @ 2012-01-05 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Edit openssl-native_1.0.0d.bb by removing the line containing this:

file://libdeps-first.patch \

It works after that. Don't forget to remove the stamps for openssl-native.

Good luck
George

@ 2012-01-08 11:27           ` James
From: James @ 2012-01-08 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Hi,

On Jan 5, 2012 4:37 PM, "Roman Khimov" <khimov@altell.ru> wrote:

> > Can anyone advise on this?
>
> As written in the patch itself:
> =========
> Links to previously staged 0.9.8* easily otherwise
> =========
>
> Without this patch openssl links to any previously staged
libssl/libcrypto, if
> that was 0.9.8smth it won't work at all. I have no idea how this patch
could
> break the build. You need to carefully review the build log and especially
> compare it between different hosts, as it seems like only Ubuntu 11.10
has the
> problem.

Maybe a new recipe for openssl backported from current oe-core is needed in
2011.03-maintenance?

James